• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project Capri

Hoonigan

Question

Hi all,

So I've been trying to find a Capri for some time now but haven't really been very successful.

I'm trying to do a resto-mod and I have a few very specific things I want to do to it. So an abandoned car that needs body work, paint, interior work etc fits the bill perfectly. I don't really care if it's running or not either.

The few I found were recently restored or 'modified' and asking prices were a bit on the high side and I would anyway have to roll back some of the work already done on them and this would make me overshoot my budget by a mile.

Basically, I'm looking for a Ford Capri (preferably MK1) in shabby condition for around 3-500K (not set in stone,maybe a bit more depending on the condition) If any of you gents know about one close to what I've mentioned above, please be kind enough to drop me a PM. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Glad to hear about quite a few of these in good nick running about. I remember seeing a burnt orange one being done up with a turbo engine. Had a FMIC and everything from a Subaru if memory serves. Never saw the thing finished though.

The nicest one I have seen was the blue MK1 with the white stripes that was sold recently.

Rhamzi picked up a red MK1 months back but I think he's still working on it.

Seems so...taking his time as you can see. I don't want to rush him or anything to make sure the job gets done as it should. Also would give my bank account a breather. Resisting the urge to go buy stuff :S

• Like 1

A small update; panels are being aligned and test fitted to make sure everything is where they are supposed to be. The exterior panels themselves are being treated for rust as well...What looked like perfectly good areas seems to be patch up work which was then covered up. Not a lot of the original car seems to be left at this point LOL :D

received_m_mid_1399801869106_d998cd9b9b1received_m_mid_1399801869106_d998cd9b9b1received_m_mid_1399801869106_d998cd9b9b1received_m_mid_1399801869106_d998cd9b9b1received_m_mid_1399801869106_d998cd9b9b1

Those Bodylines in that last pic...ooooo...!!!!

That one does pop out the lines quite nicely noh? Shame I'll have to lose that little curve right behind the rear wheel. The more I see it, the more I want to keep the body as is and forget about the ducktail and arches...

We should form a support group!

Illang pukae marmite gaa-ganeema's anonymous

Might as well bro! Being my first project, this is full of surprises..sometimes I wonder whether I am in over my head. A support group can go a long way :D

The Face is coming together and the lights are test fitted. There was a slight confusion and they will be doing more work on the face. The contouring is a bit off which is being redone with the stock bumper and the grill as reference points.

10437644_737105579672945_918614793372483

In other news, the coilover conversion kit and the 2.25in springs are on their way. The MK3 2.8i uses 175lb springs so I sightly tightened it up with 200lb springs.

Edited by Hoonigan

Quad headlamps FTW! Just look at that face!! :)

Yes Davy, I think the Bimmer lights do add a bit to it :)

The bonnet's "wedge" doesn't line up correctly because the car is a facelifted square light model. I'm not sure if that bothers me enough to find a replacement though.

its bugging me. really. sleepless night here.

also, what did i tell you about ellipsoid projectors? well there you have it! :D

I hear you mate :) getting the surrounds glassed if I can't find a set for decent coin.

About the hood, there are reproduction fiber hoods by a few suppliers in the UK. They will solve the body line issue, add a power bulge and take a few kilos off like we talked about earlier. Just not sure if I want to go to all the trouble to bring one down though.

Quad lamps definitely gives the face more aggression. But are you sure that these will fit the grill? The inner lamps seem to be encroaching the grill area...no? Are the original lamps smaller?

Quad lamps definitely gives the face more aggression. But are you sure that these will fit the grill? The inner lamps seem to be encroaching the grill area...no? Are the original lamps smaller?

Hi GTAm, the car came with square lamps originally. Therefore, the bucket and the bucket area is smaller. The inner lamps spills on to the grill area a bit. Therefore the original grill will need to be nipped from the ends to be able to fit and possibly new mounting points will be needed. The two body lines on the hood also leads up to where the original square lights were. This now leads to the center of the inner lights, which is the biggest giveaway.

Ideally, I should swap out a hood but I'm sort of on the fence on this atm.

Edit: it will end up with a half an 'eyebrow' like this one, which doesn't look all that bad.

https://db.tt/UZWo3PBu

Edited by Hoonigan