• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Project Capri

Hoonigan

Question

Hi all,

So I've been trying to find a Capri for some time now but haven't really been very successful.

I'm trying to do a resto-mod and I have a few very specific things I want to do to it. So an abandoned car that needs body work, paint, interior work etc fits the bill perfectly. I don't really care if it's running or not either.

The few I found were recently restored or 'modified' and asking prices were a bit on the high side and I would anyway have to roll back some of the work already done on them and this would make me overshoot my budget by a mile.

Basically, I'm looking for a Ford Capri (preferably MK1) in shabby condition for around 3-500K (not set in stone,maybe a bit more depending on the condition) If any of you gents know about one close to what I've mentioned above, please be kind enough to drop me a PM. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

:D JPS... that's a new one!

Dude back when we were fresh outta college, my friends and I had this elaborate mechanism for jps. How it would get the jungies off your woman in under 8 seconds while you were driving. We even had envisioned jps maintenance, handed over to the only celibate (still) member of our gang who was the only one who would be trusted for on site maintenance if the jps... You know, got stuck while in action!

Might i ask you to post a pic of those switches sir ?

It's pretty much like this...will be 5-6 of them lined up. Just realised I got all hopped up and forgot to mention the colour to the seller :sad-smiley-034: and he's already shipped them. Hope he packed red...

228121543_o.jpg

After a phone call to kapruka, now they say that the tyres would have been on the 25th December shipment and will only be available end of January. :(

Silver lining: I will have all the major parts in the garage around the same time.

I have got the headlights, tail lights handed over to the garage along with some reference photos of the spoiler, front lip and the arches to start work. Will tey and get some photos snapped after some progress.

It's the little things that pull your hertstrings, no? Those look sweet!

These are stainless steel and not the plastic ones, so they should age better. Will be mounting them on the doors.

And yes, the devil is in the details (of course you don't need any telling). I 'think' I've got the biggest things paid for. All that remains is the tid bits like this and the process of putting them all together.

The tyres have arrived!

BFGoodrich G-Force Sport COMP-2 Radial Tire - 205/45R16

BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 Radial Tire - 255/50R16

IMG-20140208-WA0001.jpg

Overall experience, I'd say I'm on the happy side. They don't seem to have the system worked out to know the status of the order and everyone seems to be doing guesswork. And they aren't exactly in a hurry either. It took a little over two months from the date of order up to delivery.

But they stuck to their initial quote, so no surprises there.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I think I am. Is there a reason you've cut off the tyre and left part of it on the rim instead of removing the tyre as a whole?

your guess is as good as mine..This was how I got them :/

Daaamn, those look good, They are going to look fan-bleeding-tastic when fitted to the capri!

Also, good to see that Kapruka delivered them without a cost overrun, hopefully they will get their systems sorted out soon, it's a good service if they sort out the delays and cock ups honestly...

Exactly. Although they stressed me out, it is more than likely that I will be using them again.

In other news, I managed to find a Grant steering wheel adapter kit, which includes the horn button and all the nuts, bolts and springs. And it also has a blank chrome horn cap which completes the steering wheel. Maybe I will look at getting 'FORD' engraved on it.

Would love to thouw up a picture but photobucket is acting up today :-/

Edit; got the pic uploaded :)

20140209_161958.jpg

Edited by Hoonigan
  • Like 1

OK gentlemen, this is the update I have been itching to make.

The replacement powerplant is here :sport-smiley-004::smilie_liebe9::girl_in_love: coincidentally on valentine's day!

The 1.6 Crossflow will be replaced with a 2.8i Cologne V6 that came in the later MK3 Capris. So it will remain not only all Ford, but all Capri as well. Thanks to our MasterDon, GTAm and Komi for helping me make this decision and Komi especially for helping me see it through.

1898264_680608701989300_1327642066_n.jpg1620426_680608828655954_1291312602_n.jpg

There's quite a few things to address now.

The head will have to come off to see the condition of the internals and replace/repair where necessary. The condition of the other parts needs to be assessed and repaired where necessary. Everything will need cleaning and painting and whatever niggles that may crop up.

I'm considering getting a Port & Polish done while the head is off. Electronic ignition is a thought as well as a K&N cone. I will also get the instrument panel rewired with red LEDs.

Are there any improvements I can make at this stage?

The engine bay is being cleared for the transplant.

1903991_680610118655825_1192812647_n.jpg