• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suv For The Permit

If you want a diesel go for a Korean SUV because they are compatible with euro 2 diesel and they all have enough power and good handling.But if you are going to buy a petrol go for a Japanese. I think CRV is the best then comes CX5 but don't go for a RAV4 because new model is yet to come.

Hi, Why don't you consider a 2013 Honda CR-V. I imported one through Stafford Motors.. The total landed cost came to about 5.9 million. (2 litre petrol)

It does around 8Km/l in Colombo thanks to the Econ mode. More than anything it's very comfy. And it's made out of solid materials unlike in Korean vehicles. The doors are very heavy & solid. Everything is very solid. Three's ample leg room & boot space too.. You can get a clear idea from this review which was done by Mortorque..

WOW!.. so it costed 5.9 million only? I thought it was much more expensive... damn. :speechless-smiley-004:

Yup.. When I cleared the vehicle the Yen was 1.2585. Now it's around 6.1 mil if im right..

Now the Yen is 1.31, There's a 2013 model for 8.7mil and 2012 model for 7.5Mil in autolanka. Wonder how the price hiked up this much.. :speechless-smiley-004:

Now the Yen is 1.31, There's a 2013 model for 8.7mil and 2012 model for 7.5Mil in autolanka. Wonder how the price hiked up this much.. :speechless-smiley-004:

the 2013 is a RM1 which is 2000cc FF and the 2012 is apparently a RM4 which is 2400cc AWD...in Japan a B/New FF is about 250,000yen cheaper than the AWD; but the purchase price for a 2012 RM4 is on average about 2.5mil yen and a brand new RM1 (which the 2013 seems to be with the protective body masks) runs around on average the same price....so I guess it is surprising that the yen fluctuations and differences in valuations/taxes would account to that much...

Edited by iRage

Agreed, just got delivery of mine on last Friday.

So far no complains ride is better than Koreans, handling may be in par, so far I didn’t have much time to put her through few corners.

Fuel consumption indicates 8.5 km/l but this is not in heavy traffic.

It doesn’t go like the Koreans due to less power so you don’t get the kick in the b**t feeling when you accelerate but it is a very relaxing drive. So far I didn’t floor the throttle as the vehicle is still in its running in period.

Planning few trips during coming weeks will keep updating.

Yep. We got ours (2l version offered in SL) delivered for around 6Mn this month. Too new to comment much. But the fuel figures are identical to yours. Yet to push hard due to the run-in period, but love the ride. Done only Colombo running and no complains so far about pickup and handling. Feels quieter than the previous version, but that can be a perception matter.

the 2013 is a RM1 which is 2000cc FF and the 2012 is apparently a RM4 which is 2400cc AWD...in Japan a B/New FF is about 250,000yen cheaper than the AWD; but the purchase price for a 2012 RM4 is on average about 2.5mil yen and a brand new RM1 (which the 2013 seems to be with the protective body masks) runs around on average the same price....so I guess it is surprising that the yen fluctuations and differences in valuations/taxes would account to that much...

Extra money will be someone hoping to make an additional buck... I came across a car sale fellow close to Kohuwala who was trying to sell a 2.4 JDM for 9.5Mn, when you can buy a permit and bring the same for about 7-7.5! Some people simply don't get it.....

Yep. We got ours (2l version offered in SL) delivered for around 6Mn this month. Too new to comment much. But the fuel figures are identical to yours. Yet to push hard due to the run-in period, but love the ride. Done only Colombo running and no complains so far about pickup and handling. Feels quieter than the previous version, but that can be a perception matter.

Extra money will be someone hoping to make an additional buck... I came across a car sale fellow close to Kohuwala who was trying to sell a 2.4 JDM for 9.5Mn, when you can buy a permit and bring the same for about 7-7.5! Some people simply don't get it.....

So the permit + vehicle cost = 7 or 7.5?, you serious? how much would be the permit cost then?

1.0 - 1.5

1.5 mil, that's cheap when comparing with some vehicle importer who tried to sell me one for 2mil.

FYI, there are advertisements for permits in our favourite sunday paper for about 1 million.

Thanks mate,

Favorite Sunday paper? what would that be...

i bought a permit for 1 million and 15 thousend 2 weeks before. found it on ikm*n.lk

hmm.. are there different types of permits, or all the permits are same and I can go for any vehicle with that?

It ranges from 900K to 1.1 mil

i wouldnt pay more than that

Are there different types of permits, or all the permits are same and I can go for any vehicle with that?

Are there different types of permits, or all the permits are same and I can go for any vehicle with that?

We are referring to the $25,000+ $5,000 permit.

Theres another $45,000 permit but thats very expensive