• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suv For The Permit

Disagree on this. The Range Rover is as comfortable as a Merc S or a BMW 7 Series. Build quality though we'll have to wait and see about the new models, but they have gone a notch or two up on comfort, handling and off road capabilities. The outgoing model gave the best of comfort and off road capability, although it had issues closely related to electronics which the latter models didn't have. Handling wise even in Supercharged trim it was like a huge elephant when cornering (but rolls less than most SUV's and cars).

Oh and I hope they dont offer the new one on any of these idiotic permit schemes and keep the exclusivity intact.

May be you are correct as regards to comfort which however is more of a personal preference isn't it??? :) . As to the off roading capabilities of the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Sport with a ground clearance of only 6.8" or 172mm compared to the 220mm or 8.6"> on most other SUVs, leaves much to be desired.

May be you are correct as regards to comfort which however is more of a personal preference isn't it??? :) . As to the off roading capabilities of the 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Sport with a ground clearance of only 6.8" or 172mm compared to the 220mm or 8.6"> on most other SUVs, leaves much to be desired.

Well you could say so, but take a ride in one and see the difference and I mean the big mother of all Range Rovers and not the poser Evoque or the Sport.

Ground clearance you say have, you seen the specs?

Range Rover standard height GC: 220.5mm

Range Rover off road height GC 295.5mm

Since you mentioned RRS standard GC: 200mm

Off road GC: 265mm

Try and get hold of the episode below of topgear and you will understand what I'm saying.

Edited by Gummybr

Thanks iRage, yes as u correctly said, i don't see any other alternative which offers what Sorento offers in the same price bracket.

And for the petrol and diesel vehicle costs, Vanguard , Rav 4, Vitara , x Trail , CRV prices all goes very closely to the Sorento if not more. And with petrol 2.0 and 2.5 L engines, its highly likely to get around 6 -7 kmpl in the city where a diesel would do at least 1 -2 kmpl more in the same conditions.

What you are looking for doesn't seem to require any off road capabilities and seems You've already decided on the choice by the time the topic was started :)

If it's otherwise, as someone suggested, the Vitara and X-trail comes about one or two million cheaper. The CRV, a quiter petrol engine is about 500k less and from what I heard, is a bit more efficient (fuel wise) than predecessors.....

It's upto the individual to figure out what options they really need and whether they should pay for options that will suit the next owner..

eh! whats wrong!?

Nothing wrong mate, nothing wrong!!! Just that your comment blasted kush!!!! :D

Hi Guys,

I just want to know whether we can get the "Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT" for doctors permit

Probably not, the SRT Grand Cherokee is the performance model and has a pretty high starting price which is well over USD 30,000 (The limit of the permit). I think even the Normal Grand Cherokee is a bit over the limit for the 30k permit

Hi guys, given the fact that Santafe is tad expansive than the Sorento, we would see lot of Sorento's on the road compared to Santafes', and the general saying that Santafe has a better build quality than the Sorento, where would you put ur money in? Sorento or Santafe?

Santafe is 6 - 7 laks expensive than the similar spec Sorento.

Hi guys, thanks for the comments, X Trail diesel, haven't really thought about it. but it has a very dull looking interior.

Has anyone used a Toyota Fortuna ? Would this be a good contender compared to Sorento ?

Its more like Montero Sport's competitor

Had a test drive in the new Sorento today. Man that feels awesome and feels really quick. No turbo lag. Compared to the Rexton, pretty quick. 197HP feels pretty decent. New steering modes, comfort doesn't feel good to drive around the city. kept it on sport mode and it felt very controlling.

Santafe not available for a test drive even .. what a shame. But hope it should feel the same cz more or less its the same engine.

has there been a relaxation on the option restriction for permits. i saw the monty sport advertised on the permit with more options that before. i also saw the full size monty advertised (exceed and super exceed) also for the permit.

was there any change?

has there been a relaxation on the option restriction for permits. i saw the monty sport advertised on the permit with more options that before. i also saw the full size monty advertised (exceed and super exceed) also for the permit.

was there any change?

They have reduced the price of the Montero/Pajero, now you can get it with more features than before i think its cuz of the fall in the value of Yen

Hi fuzzo, Montero Sport, there's a new model out with slightly new trim, climate control AC etc. Only the Montero Diesels are available for permit. (2.8 and 3.2). Not so sure about the exceed and super exceed models.

You can get one down used/ recon or as some does get a brand new register overseas and get down as used.

Due to the change in the customs valuation method there is only one value for a model no

So technically the basic and fully loaded version will attract same duty.

You can get one down used/ recon or as some does get a brand new register overseas and get down as used.

Due to the change in the customs valuation method there is only one value for a model no

So technically the basic and fully loaded version will attract same duty.

But dont they add on taxes individually for options?

Hi, Why don't you consider a 2013 Honda CR-V. I imported one through Stafford Motors.. The total landed cost came to about 5.9 million. (2 litre petrol)
It does around 8Km/l in Colombo thanks to the Econ mode. More than anything it's very comfy. And it's made out of solid materials unlike in Korean vehicles. The doors are very heavy & solid. Everything is very solid. Three's ample leg room & boot space too.. You can get a clear idea from this review which was done by Mortorque..

Hi, Why don't you consider a 2013 Honda CR-V. I imported one through Stafford Motors.. The total landed cost came to about 5.9 million. (2 litre petrol)

It does around 8Km/l in Colombo thanks to the Econ mode. More than anything it's very comfy. And it's made out of solid materials unlike in Korean vehicles. The doors are very heavy & solid. Everything is very solid. Three's ample leg room & boot space too.. You can get a clear idea from this review which was done by Mortorque..

Agreed, just got delivery of mine on last Friday.

So far no complains ride is better than Koreans, handling may be in par, so far I didn’t have much time to put her through few corners.

Fuel consumption indicates 8.5 km/l but this is not in heavy traffic.

It doesn’t go like the Koreans due to less power so you don’t get the kick in the b**t feeling when you accelerate but it is a very relaxing drive. So far I didn’t floor the throttle as the vehicle is still in its running in period.

Planning few trips during coming weeks will keep updating.

• Like 1

Press the D3 button on the gear leaver to get more power. There's a very big differnce.. But of course it consumes more fuel.. In the i-mid it says that it does 5km/l.. At times it says 4,4.5.. So far it has gone only upto 6km/l in my one.. But I think it does more than that.. What does your i-mid say?

I've been using it for a month now.. Superb machine I would say..

Since the vehicle is new I’ve been only using in eco mode with moderate throttle, When I took delivery it was indicating 4.5 km/l which has now improved to 8.5 km/l. Of cause this with mainly weekend commute with less traffic.