• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insight 1500Cc And 1300Cc

Shelan

Question

Does any one have experience over those two models ? I would like to know the fuel consumption differences if there is any. As i have seen there are no major differences in the options other than the exterior look. Could someone has experience over those two models please share the experience.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Has been using 1330CC for more than a year, no complaints, solid, reliable car. Haven't had a even a single issue with anything for 20,000 KMs used within the 15 months. Long distance it does 20Km/L with AC and load with normal driving. With careful driving you can get around 25KM/L for long distance. In Colombo traffic it is 12-16Km/L range.

• Like 1

Has been using 1330CC for more than a year, no complaints, solid, reliable car. Haven't had a even a single issue with anything for 20,000 KMs used within the 15 months. Long distance it does 20Km/L with AC and load with normal driving. With careful driving you can get around 25KM/L for long distance. In Colombo traffic it is 12-16Km/L range.

I agree with him, I was using insight about about nearly 2 years, I didnt change single set of break pad, though I travel 40,000 when I m sellling. Good car but small space. Terrible trafic Jam it does that level, if you travel long distance with smooth driving you get 24/25 this is true. Specially, Polonnaruwa, Monagragala, Hambanota road, But for Hills & Bends it does 16/17. (but If you have more pax in the car, this could be lower)

Please make sure do proper test run when you want to buy all hybrids, there are some vibrations/jerks you will experince when IMA going to change at lower speed, Specially this was happen with poor maintainance car, or when they use 90 Octane. ( I ASSUME), so do a test run ranging various speed, dont pull it like race horse, insight is good choice for small families. My advice is go for latest 1500 cc ( but i am not an expert) but I love 1500 than 1.3. both the apperance and performace is good.