• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Magnum

Japanese Car News

On 7/29/2020 at 12:09 AM, iRage said:

The end of the road for the Pajero...

The global fate of the Pajero was uncertain once Mitsubishi announced that the Pajero was being discontinued for the Japanese market. Yesterday, the manufacturer cleared out all those uncertainties. On July 28th....Mitsubishi announced that they will be closing down the Pajero production plant, Pajero Manufacturing Co. Ltd. The plant will completely close down by September 2021.  The Delica D:5 and the Outlander which is also produced there will be moved to other production facilities.

Here is a great write up of the plant and what it meant for Mitsubishi from JapaneseNostalgic Cars...

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/mitsubishi-pajero-montero-ending-production/

However...is this the end of the road for the Pajero ?

Apparently not. There are whispers (buzz created by Mitsubishi themselves) that a large-suv based on the Nissan Patrol (Y62) might be launched. This makes sense as the next gen Outlander itself is supposed to share the X-Trail's platform. So...the Pajero as we know it will seize to exist and...well...let's hope Nissan's new line-up which they seem to share with Mitsubishi will actually be less boring.

Sad news indeed, liked them better than the Prado. Hopefully it will not be reintroduced in china looking like plastic Piumi Hansamali looking version. just like they did the “Grand Lancer”.

Mazda's MX-30 was supposed to be their first production EV. Yesterday they announced that it will be available in a Mild Hybrid variant as well...hmm..I suppose they just want to spread the egg across many baskets. It is supposed to come with a 2L SkyActive engine assisted by the Hybrid system (most likely from Toyota considering the partnership they have). I suppose Mazda does not care TOO much about it cutting in to CX-5 sales...

Image may contain: car, text that says 'MX-30 Response espor'Image may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carNo photo description available.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Sad news indeed, liked them better than the Prado. Hopefully it will not be reintroduced in china looking like plastic Piumi Hansamali looking version. just like they did the “Grand Lancer”.

The Grand Lancer was available in Vietnam. To be honest the interior seemed a bit more modern (thanks to a few digital screens and lights) than the old one but still had the plasticy and flimsy feel to the interior bits (but all Mitsubishis have that). I have not driven one but when started at stand still the car seems quieter inside (i.e. engine noise more muffled up....and I did rev the engine a few times which still kept it quieter than the previous one).

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 4:29 PM, iRage said:

The Grand Lancer was available in Vietnam. To be honest the interior seemed a bit more modern (thanks to a few digital screens and lights) than the old one but still had the plasticy and flimsy feel to the interior bits (but all Mitsubishis have that). I have not driven one but when started at stand still the car seems quieter inside (i.e. engine noise more muffled up....and I did rev the engine a few times which still kept it quieter than the previous one).

I too dislike Mitsubishi Interiors. Bit cold and rough for me. What I think is They need a full refresh.

Posted (edited)

arewell BRZ...maybe ?

It was announced many months ago that the Legacy B4 will be taken off the Japanese product line-up. Earlier this year Subaru said they will take order for the new BRZ only until the 31st of July because of the model change. BUT NOW they claim the BRZ might not return ! Apparently with the BRZ in the lineup the company does not meet the overall/combined fuel efficiency target for the model line-up. The BRZ will make it back to the Subaru lineup only if fuel efficiency of the new model is drastically improved. Apparently Toyota can keep on having the 86 because the Hybrid car line up enables them to have the 86 even with bad fuel efficiency figures. 1f641.png:(

Oh..and the Prado gets a minor updates (safety features, special packages)...and the diesel engine gets about 200hp instead of the 170 something it had all this time...

but there is more about Subaru....IF you want to read on...

Whilst visiting a few Toyota and Honda dealerships there were certain statements made by them claiming that Subaru will stop taking orders (for Imprezas and LeVorgs) by end of July which the Subaru dealers neither denied nor confirmed but instead said there were attractive offers on all models as the line-up gets changed.

Well...as of 31st July...according to several car websites...Subaru has stopped taking orders for all new cars ! Why ? They are re-doing the lineup with minor changes and full-model changes. Since current model deliveries will run through till the end of the year they do not want to accept any orders until the changes are made and are available (I can't find anything on the main Subaru site but the dealership websites seem to ask customers to contact the dealership for information on locally available models)

Image may contain: carpF-wH-g9JETAksVQmYc0wlzk0wVnkIUsDV6QETCi8zEqEvjrII2AWAfFYInShlrbarsTQw-JcZ-MsvrRKUNPu9Qmyv9Hkk63Yay61VLy_H1vLHshVb8I4T3NxmkZ3wlys9xvm1xLh2GYR4WcfZh3Mt0Ltli60_hoHRKyDJwHj-pb74OG1eUAoToAzyVffDWwkwF6YBZGf_v4Kh36XHDkoA==

Edited by iRage

and we finally see it...the Mazda 3 2.5 Turbo range available in both sedan and hatchback form; packed with 250hp and AWD. Not expected to make it to Japan or Asian markets. Prices start at 29,000USD for the sedan and 30,000USD for the hatch...

image.png.bddcf2cb2026311b3e1bd9cd5cba105a.pngimage.png.0a23b71947a48e487bd4e83e31d0f133.png

• Sad 1

Awww....

On the next issue of Mag-X....has Toyota abandoned the development of all V8s ? We might never see the likes of a UR or UZ engine ever again...(mind you it is still "speculation" based on their "scoops")

Also, spy pics of the next gen Toyota 86 seems to be going around the internet...seems like bestcar magazine got a lot of the design features right in their rendering (they do have a pretty good track record of coming up with pretty close renderings). Toyota has said that the new one will be an update to the existing model rather than a complete re-design..so I suppose it is no surprise that it looks...well...like the old one...that got morphed with a Corvette in the front...and a few other cars in other places...Having said that..there are lot of little similarities with the GRMN FR Sports Concept Platinum (silver car) GR revealed way back in 2013.

No photo description available.Image may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carimage01.jpgimage02.jpg

Edited by iRage

On 8/1/2020 at 4:44 AM, iRage said:

Mazda's MX-30 was supposed to be their first production EV. Yesterday they announced that it will be available in a Mild Hybrid variant as well...hmm..I suppose they just want to spread the egg across many baskets. It is supposed to come with a 2L SkyActive engine assisted by the Hybrid system (most likely from Toyota considering the partnership they have). I suppose Mazda does not care TOO much about it cutting in to CX-5 sales...

Image may contain: car, text that says 'MX-30 Response espor'Image may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carNo photo description available.

Are'nt they on 2 different segments, the CX-5 and MX-30.

This has some transformers look though. In a good way.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Awww....

On the next issue of Mag-X....has Toyota abandoned the development of all V8s ? We might never see the likes of a UR or UZ engine ever again...(mind you it is still "speculation" based on their "scoops")

Also, spy pics of the next gen Toyota 86 seems to be going around the internet...seems like bestcar magazine got a lot of the design features right in their rendering (they do have a pretty good track record of coming up with pretty close renderings). Toyota has said that the new one will be an update to the existing model rather than a complete re-design..so I suppose it is no surprise that it looks...well...like the old one...that got morphed with a Corvette in the front...and a few other cars in other places...Having said that..there are lot of little similarities with the GRMN FR Sports Concept Platinum (silver car) GR revealed way back in 2013.

No photo description available.Image may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: carimage01.jpgimage02.jpg

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Awww....

The GRMN FR Sports Concept Platinum looks straight outta Ridge Racer. I'm curious to see what the final product will look like.

10 hours ago, GK_007 said:

Are'nt they on 2 different segments, the CX-5 and MX-30.

This has some transformers look though. In a good way.

They are...but now engine wise, price wise (almost ) and almost size wise it is getting pretty close...Traditionally manufacturers have had clear gaps between models of a specific segment just so that they do not canibalize their own models. Only exception was probably Toyota..but even that they got burnt so bad that they are going back to clearly defined model placements. Their product space is very very dense but at least its clearly defined now.