• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Magnum

Japanese Car News

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

There are few grades for Raize

FB_IMG_1573001756230.jpg

Oh wow - vehicle get's released in Japan and Sri Lankan car sale peeps have already started making cost sheets :D early adopters indeed. 

I guess the name 'Raize' is very appropriate cos car sale  people seem to be  getting boners over it. 

Edited by matroska

12 hours ago, iRage said:

Here are some of my pics from the Tokyo Motor Show 2019

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Mspu5XunABBsK8F8

02.png

Damn.. Thanks for the pics iRage. Was planning on going this year, but a career change happened so had to back out since I dont have leave. In another two years time hopefully.

Kinda vezel size in Sri lankan context 

Vezel and CHR is almost the same in terms of size. So, this should ideally be smaller than both I guess

51 minutes ago, tiv said:

Kinda vezel size in Sri lankan context 

No....Vezel and the CHR are the same size..this is more like the Kwid in terms of size

Looks like it is similar to Hyundai Venue in size.

Anyway car sales people in SL have started marketing it even before it was launched in Japan.:action-smiley-060:

8 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Looks like it is similar to Hyundai Venue in size.

Anyway car sales people in SL have started marketing it even before it was launched in Japan.:action-smiley-060:

Yes, I'm pretty sure when it is available for purchase, our car sales guys would bid crazy amounts for this resulting in higher CIFs and consequently attracting luxury tax as well :D

Edited by Dee Jay

Took these from ela*iri for size comparison. It doesn't look that small is it? Obviously shorter than CHR.

74614170_2241260206164224_43461936071625

74400927_2241260269497551_40831256448068

75223702_2241260552830856_71021826424973

75625292_2241260709497507_23521224071095

Edited by hrm
  • Like 2

It looks taller because of the boxy shape....and the high roof which is common to almost all Daihatsu vehicles...but it clearly is narrower and shorter in length :D

Yeah when looking at the specs it's pretty clear.

1KR-VET engine (which is the same engine in Toyota Tank) is turbocharged but not direct injected. 

Hopefully, this engine will not have intake clogging which is a common drawback of direct-injected engines.

1 hour ago, hrm said:

Took these from ela*iri for size comparison. It doesn't look that small is it? Obviously shorter than CHR.

Looks can be deceiving. Even when you keep a vitz and a CHR side by side it feels like they both have same width and height. It depends on the curves and edges of the body. We have to look into actual dimensions to compare. 

• Like 1

Just now, Prangi said:

I found this on the internet. 

Raize.thumb.jpg.4b0e274cfe09ea9db8f6489e45953f9f.jpg

Just a few mm away, obviously this will be a hit here. Unless the govt catches it to have "luxuries"

May be this is the replacement for Rush, better utilitarian than the CH-R which is more of a urban cruiser

Not the best looker but looks as it has all the pluses for success in SL

Fully loaded ones are expensive, if you add additional kit price will be in excess of Rs. 6.0 Mn

I would buy this over MGZ or Korean / Indian offerings which are only priced marginally lower and have less features

1695 mm is the width of axio, premio, allion, aqua. 

So it's smaller in length and width compared to Vitara,  VW Polo and definitely C-HR

Plus point is that it has better ground clearance 

toyota-c-hr-dimensions.png

Edited by sathyajithj99

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Plus point is that it has better ground clearance

And better visibility for the back seat passengers. If you are under 5ft 6inches the only things that you can see from the CHR rear windows are the sky, treetops and rooftops!

1 hour ago, CNX said:

And better visibility for the back seat passengers. If you are under 5ft 6inches the only things that you can see from the CHR rear windows are the sky, treetops and rooftops!

CH-R has no respect for rear seat passengers

If you are tall, you squat, no head or leg room

If you are short (children) opening the door is a challenge/ once in it is like a dungeon dark and no idea of what is happening out side.

Not for anyone with family or carry more than one passenger.

Looks nice with the Modellista kits

carlineup_raize_customize_modellista2_00.jpg

carlineup_raize_customize_modellista1_00.jpg

• Like 1

So all of a sudden we like Daihatsus :) 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, iRage said:

So all of a sudden we like Daihatsus :) 

I might be the only guy who wants to disembowel the person who decided to name it 'Rocky'

The Rocky of yesteryear was a handy little offroader, compared to this compressed frog.

• Haha 1

I wonder what will happen to used car matket in that range.5m premio/allions/vezel/grace/axio going to take a hit

33 minutes ago, GayanR said:

I wonder what will happen to used car matket in that range.5m premio/allions/vezel/grace/axio going to take a hit

Yep people looking for a vehicle in the rage 5-6mil will definitely consider this over the vehicles you have mentioned. Also though this isn’t a competitor of CHR, I think it would eat into the CHR market in SL

• Like 1