• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

13 hours ago, iRage said:

The unveiling of the NEXT NISSAN Z !!!!

Put it on your calendar and make sure you join in for the online unveiling !!!

https://www.thenissannext.com/en/event-selector.html

Z-Proto

This is supposed to be the rear still as a sketch, they say that it wont be till 2024 that we will see a Z Car, hope Nissan survives that long.

Crazy thing is the US are crying for a replacement for the Navara which they have had since 2006, we have gone through a model change but they are yet to get a new model, a new model is on the way it seems. Was watching on TFL about well it does on one of the courses, 3.8l V6 and 8/9 speed gearbox with rear locking diff.

Nissan-400Z-Z35-rear-Z32-640x389.jpg

4 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

This is supposed to be the rear still as a sketch, they say that it wont be till 2024 that we will see a Z Car, hope Nissan survives that long.

Crazy thing is the US are crying for a replacement for the Navara which they have had since 2006, we have gone through a model change but they are yet to get a new model, a new model is on the way it seems. Was watching on TFL about well it does on one of the courses, 3.8l V6 and 8/9 speed gearbox with rear locking diff.

Wha? 2024? What on earth ? Today's consumer can't even wait till the end of the week ?- what 2024....

35 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1129466_next-nissan-z-sports-car-s-taillights-inspired-by-z32-300zx

This article says 2022, but still too late. Nissan needed this car 5 yrs ago...

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1129466_next-nissan-z-sports-car-s-taillights-inspired-by-z32-300zx

This article says 2022, but still too late. Nissan needed this car 5 yrs ago...

The release date is not yet known....the last time Nissan showed the Z prototype (for the previous model) it took about 18 months from showcasing the prototype to a production model. So journalists and industry people are speculating that it might take about 24 - 30 months for the production model to be out. Thus the 2022-2023 ish release date. 

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

This is supposed to be the rear still as a sketch

These are some of the renderings of the car by BestCar magazine after the Nissan promo video earlier this year teasing the upcoming Nissan lineup. Bestcar has been pretty spot on with most of their renderings in the past....either way it does look pretty good...They did a few different ones with different tail light arrangements...

新型フェアレディZ」の艶姿を見よ! 発売は2021年末!! - 自動車情報誌「ベストカー」

Probably one of the most looked forward Toyotas in a long long time ! The GR Yaris went on sale today ! 

Pre-orders for the First Release Edition ended in June and cars went out in to production last month. Right now the pre-order cars are slated to be delivered until end of Feb/Beg of March...so as it is there is at least a 7 month waiting period (website suggest 7-9 months for the proper RZ/RC versions but 1-3 months for the RS version).

top_keyvisual_kv_pc.jpg

Check out the toyota.jp website for a detailed look in to the car's features. There is a live online event on the 16th on Youtube. So check it out.

Edited by iRage

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Not bad looking at all, but the front is a bit weak IMO.

(Loving the side profile and the rear but not too sold on the front. It needs to look more exciting I think. After all this is to be the new 'aspire to buy' model for the brand isn't it?)

On 9/3/2020 at 11:13 PM, iRage said:

The unveiling of the NEXT NISSAN Z !!!!

Saw this on YouTube today and wanted to post here only to realise you've shared the news already! ?

*** heavy breathing... ***

On 9/4/2020 at 10:51 AM, iRage said:

The release date is not yet known....the last time Nissan showed the Z prototype (for the previous model) it took about 18 months from showcasing the prototype to a production model. So journalists and industry people are speculating that it might take about 24 - 30 months for the production model to be out. Thus the 2022-2023 ish release date. 

These are some of the renderings of the car by BestCar magazine after the Nissan promo video earlier this year teasing the upcoming Nissan lineup. Bestcar has been pretty spot on with most of their renderings in the past....either way it does look pretty good...They did a few different ones with different tail light arrangements...

Very reminiscent of the 180SX, that backside. Very old school.

Front lights, I'm not too sure about. You think they are trying to harken back to the round light models like the 240?

37 minutes ago, Pericles said:

Very reminiscent of the 180SX, that backside. Very old school.

Front lights, I'm not too sure about. You think they are trying to harken back to the round light models like the 240?

Sure seems like it....with a modern twist to it. The circular lights down the tunnel/tube is quite iconic to them isn't it ?

Nissan seems to be teasing the Z a lot. And it looks as if the manual model is confirmed with the latest video.

I like what they are doing building up the momentum for next week.

Toyota now fearing this is said to be working on a MR2 successor.

https://autospies.com/news/SPIED-Mid-Engine-Toyota-MR2-Successor-Around-The-Corner-103277/

Interesting times ahead

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Nissan seems to be teasing the Z a lot. And it looks as if the manual model is confirmed with the latest video.

https://autospies.com/news/SPIED-Mid-Engine-Toyota-MR2-Successor-Around-The-Corner-103277/

Interesting times ahead

Wow. That MR2 looks very interesting!

Poor Nissan: If it's a head-to-head on looks, that MR2 has the Z dead in the water....

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

I like what they are doing building up the momentum for next week.

Interesting times ahead

The MR2 is not exactly an MR2 but a mid-engined car that will be larger than the MR2 as it sits between the Supra and the GT86. But then there are also rumours that say it will be a 10mil yen price tagged hyper-car. So who knows...Also, they have been working on it for quite sometime now...first hinted it around 2013/2015....so it wasn't necessarily fearing the Z :) but then nothing has been fully confirmed. Almost everything (to do with the actual confirmation) is based on the bestcar magazine scoop. When it will come out is still a mystery. Toyota has a reputation for showing prototypes and production level models as if they were hinting of an actual car but then taking it back. For example the SFR and the TJ Cruiser were working production level protypes and Toyota's hints were so strong that almost everyone believed those cars will be released this year.  Then there is a registered road going version of the i-Concept ! Then no one has ever seen any sort of prototype of this mid engined car...So..go figure.

Edited by iRage

Take this with a grain (or more) of salt

So more information was revealed about the upcoming LandCruiser 300 in some of the Japanese scoop magazine sites...
The image is just a rendering using the existing model and some information these people have scooped up...

As for power options...for the Japanese domestic market...the UR series V8 engine will be gone and replaced by the TNGA Dynamic force engine, V35A-FTS, which is a 3.5L Twin turbo V6. It is the same engine found in the new LS and in that it puts out about 416hp...The LC might have the engines (de?)tuned to meet the vehicle's characteristics. The site also claims that Toyota has indicated that there is a Hybrid system, where a motor will be placed between the engine and the transmission.
In addition to the petrol engine, it is also mentioned that the Japanese market will see the reintroduction of a diesel variant powered by a newly developed 3.3L V6.

Toyota Land Cruiser

Rant time !

Beautiful car....but kudos to Bestcar magazine for doing an amazing rendering well before the unveil...(to be honest...I prefer their rendering more than the actual one).

The reveal was disappointing...we know nothing about the new Z other than that it is pretty and draws inspiration from the previous icons, that it is embedded in Nissan's DNA and enthusiasts were listened to (all of things we already knew...).  Thanks #Nissan ! What are the technical aspirations for the model ? (VR30DTT as is ? Anything new in the suspension ? Anything ground breaking in terms of emissions, efficiency, etc...? Heck you did not even talk about how aerodynamic the body shape was...) What will the car be built with ? When are we going to see the final production prototype (current one is close so you should have an idea by now !!!) ? You spoke more about the Ariya's auto driving systems than you did with ANYTHING techie on the Z !
Good job on filtering out the techie questions (I knew quite a few who submitted 100s of them) and focusing on just the artsy huggy feely ones to make us feel sad and nostalgic (again...your latest TV commercial..as beautiful as it is is a complete sob fest..understandable since you sold your soul off decades ago).
A fun car to look forward to...but your online event sucked (compared to your competitors' ones..and they were pitching boring, non-iconic, run of the mill cars) ! 

119440347_10157225013461603_2653306296379010422_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Bmia2wkH2tEAX8Wd8lK&_nc_ht=scontent-itm1-1.xx&oh=cb38c4d9aa2fbc648d84c2e55ec1c5a8&oe=5F85D041119073265_10157225015121603_2764832659949951028_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=E_Ym5rH3UMwAX8u2BuM&_nc_ht=scontent-itm1-1.xx&oh=aa47d3f3141d4418b563f88034939304&oe=5F8793BC
Now..here is hoping the Yaris Fest will be more interesting.

Edited by iRage

3 minutes ago, iRage said:

Rant time !

Beautiful car....but kudos on Bestcar magazine for doing an amazing rendering well before the unveil...(to be honest...I prefer their rendering more than the actual one).

The reveal was disappointing....

(My apologies to all the Nissan fans in advance)

I was disappointed 'cos it was so ugly....Man that Z is dead in the water. The interior looks okay but man, that exterior...*sigh. Who's going to be buying that? 

It looks like a sad Electric powered sports car wannabe in an era where electric cars are suiting up and adopting styling cues from proper sports cars (Ford March-e, Porsche Taycan,  Aston Martin Rapide-E, Polestar, Audi E-tron...)

?

9 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

(My apologies to all the Nissan fans in advance)

I was disappointed 'cos it was so ugly....Man that Z is dead in the water. The interior looks okay but man, that exterior...*sigh. Who's going to be buying that? 

It looks like a sad Electric powered sports car wannabe in an era where electric cars are suiting up and adopting styling cues from proper sports cars (Ford March-e, Porsche Taycan,  Aston Martin Rapide-E, Polestar, Audi E-tron...)

?

I was sort of feeling that too but did find it appealing for its simplicity.I think they spent 50 mins of a 60 min presentation talking about how it invokes memories of the past models and that the Z DNA is there in all the Z models and this one brings everything together, yada yada yada, because of what you felt....I have never felt so bored during a car reveal in a long long long time. It was for artsy people...not actual enthusiasts. 

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Okay...so been having a rant at the Nissan Z Proto reveal...still pissed off....
A week or so ago Nissan announced plans for a Skyline GTR Final Edition which will be released in 2022. Nissan claimed it will be around 40mil yen...and will be a 20 (or something) unit limited edition.  Its suppose to draw design inspiration from the Italdesign 50.
Now...in the past...it has taken about 18-24 months for Nissan to launch the production Zs after revealing the prototype...so...could it be that as the R35 (GTR) ends its model life, the new Z will be launched ? That reveal sucked...do we even know what they plan to call it ?? The number system depicting displacement simply does not work anymore (c'mon..look how confusing BMW is)

119463130_10157225067626603_9033446638816978526_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ro1245iyq-cAX-9p1l7&_nc_ht=scontent-itm1-1.xx&oh=1dbfcf8f18558da300b3fb55663c7051&oe=5F87BEF1119459796_10157225068846603_122153988030127145_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=C5IGF_NiOhwAX8tFaw7&_nc_ht=scontent-itm1-1.xx&oh=ee20d5e273d7045c55f7e720dc310881&oe=5F879F1A

Well its still in prototype stage, they will make changes. True on the reveal, they could have been on point and made it short and sweet.

But I kind of like where they are going with the V6 Twin Turbo and manual, but I feel that they should have a high performance 2.0l engine in the line up (at least so that they dont have to let go in the middle like the Suzuki Jimny)

38 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Well its still in prototype stage, they will make changes. True on the reveal, they could have been on point and made it short and sweet.

But I kind of like where they are going with the V6 Twin Turbo and manual, but I feel that they should have a high performance 2.0l engine in the line up (at least so that they dont have to let go in the middle like the Suzuki Jimny)

Hopefully....they did say it is close to production...but looking at it...they will need to put turn signals, driving lights, etc...to meet compliance and drivablity. 

And that is my point...what the heck are they going to offer ? It is rumored/hinted to have the same V6 as the Skyline (which is why I thought it would be appropriate for them to launch the Z then and have it fill up the space left behind by the Skyline) and the Infiti lineup of sporty cars...so is that it ? Will there be a more reasonable offering as well ?

17 hours ago, iRage said:

Hopefully....they did say it is close to production...but looking at it...they will need to put turn signals, driving lights, etc...to meet compliance and drivablity. 

And that is my point...what the heck are they going to offer ? It is rumored/hinted to have the same V6 as the Skyline (which is why I thought it would be appropriate for them to launch the Z then and have it fill up the space left behind by the Skyline) and the Infiti lineup of sporty cars...so is that it ? Will there be a more reasonable offering as well ?

The same engine as the Skyline ? Hmm the VQ35DE  then>? Nothing bad about that (that's what the previous Z had too right?) its a pretty solid powerplant and Nissan's manual shift with active rev matching sounds dead cool (yet to drive it) but the new Z has such a fuddy-duddy look to it *groan...I mean is THIS the car they plan on putting up against the likes of the Miata, GT86, BRZ,  etc? Oh come on! I'd rather spend less and have the older one even with that crap mono-chromatic gauge cluster...at least it looked the part. Hopefully Nismo will release a non-weird version with a decent widebodykit  and a more aggressive front- I see potential in it (side view is nice, needs a more agressive front and rear though)

And as for trying to compete with the Toyota Supra / be a cheaper alternative to the Supra , Z4, Cayman, BMW 2series etc (which should have been their goal): Not a chance, not when it looks like it does ! 

Edited by Kavvz