• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

4 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Yep people looking for a vehicle in the rage 5-6mil will definitely consider this over the vehicles you have mentioned. Also though this isn’t a competitor of CHR, I think it would eat into the CHR market in SL

Hmm next year will be very interesting?

6 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I might be the only guy who wants to disembowel the person who decided to name it 'Rocky'

The Rocky of yesteryear was a handy little offroader, compared to this compressed frog.

Well, somebody decided to take a LR4 and call it the new Defender. Old names sell I guess.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, iRage said:

Here are some of my pics from the Tokyo Motor Show 2019

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Mspu5XunABBsK8F8

02.png

Just wow! Impressed by almost everything there, even the new Fuso/Canter! Also, any chance of Honda's E being a success here? Read that its more expensive than a Peugeot E-208 & has lesser range.

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

Yep people looking for a vehicle in the rage 5-6mil will definitely consider this over the vehicles you have mentioned. Also though this isn’t a competitor of CHR, I think it would eat into the CHR market in SL

3 hours ago, Magnum said:

Ideally this should not create a hit as they are cars in two different categories. But because Sri Lankans buy vehicles strictly on budget..yes Allion/Premio will take a hit....but then after those who buys this desperately makes up stories to protect their virility and intellect of buying this; I think people are going to realize that this is not a decent replacement for a comfy sedan. Seriously...it literally feels like a Vitz inside but higher.

On the other hand there is no Premio/Allion anymore and the replacement model is going to be a Premio that is pretty much a dressed up Corolla with a large engine. So that is highly unlikely to come to SL....so those looking for a proper sedan will lust after the used ones. Especially those with 3-letter numbers.

@Crosswind...yes the Rocky/Blizzard were nifty little no nonsense off roaders. It is sad that Daihatsu used the Rocky badge on a boxy hatchback. At the very least, they should have done a little bit more stripping down so that it remains more utilitarian than a mini-soccermom-city-hauler. Better yet...they should have offered a proper 4WD system.

This could be a upgrade for anyone driving a Vitz/ Swift nothing else

For anyone driving a Allion/ Premio there is no Toyota for them to go as the next up would be Camry or Rav4 both are out of budget due to our tax structure,

Majority go for the new CRV

On 11/11/2019 at 8:00 AM, alpha17 said:

Seems that people are eagerly waiting for the Raize. Even in the Corolla Sport video review done by the E*ak*ri, every 1 out of 5-6 comments are asking to do a review of Raize. 

Few reviews in Japanese available, workarounds in the showrooms, at least another few weeks to get it to SL

12 hours ago, kush said:

Did see the Corolla Review, does not do justice to the car.

Plenty of expert reviews by US/Euro/Aussi though

I usually watch Mat Watson’s reviews on Carw*w. He’s pretty unbiased and able to review any car from a Celerio to a Flying Spur and then to a LaFerrari. He gives a well explained review of the Corolla.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alpha17 said:

I usually watch Mat Watson’s reviews on Carw*w. He’s pretty unbiased and able to review any car from a Celerio to a Flying Spur and then to a LaFerrari. He gives a well explained review of the Corolla.

Yep in fact that was one of the reviews that convinced be to opt for the Corrolla given that there were no vehicles for a test drive.

The new Yaris is a pretty car :) It is actually a bit more prettier in reality (something that seems to be happening with Toyota cars since recent...even the Supra is far far far nicer in person than in pics)

No new specs have been revealed (nothing new than what was publicized before) but it is confirmed that the car will go on sale in Feb 2020. I suppose pre-orders would start soon (if not already)

New Toyota YarisNew Toyota YarisNew Toyota YarisNew Toyota YarisNew Toyota YarisNew Toyota YarisNew Toyota Yaris

On other Japanese car news....apparently the new Mazda 3 is not hitting the sales figures Mazda had been hoping for even 6 months after its release. The new 3 does feel nice..the interior is simple and elegant I like the back..but I really do not like the new front end with the black bezel....at TMS the 3 sedan was blue...and with the black bezel the dang thing looked like a Kree 

Mazda3-061-600x400.jpgimage.png.84aa36746359ec9fc1b568ec3889fed5.png

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, iRage said:

It looks taller because of the boxy shape....and the high roof which is common to almost all Daihatsu vehicles...but it clearly is narrower and shorter in length :D

Dimensions are somewhat similar to the swift RS.. but a bit taller

On 11/14/2019 at 4:04 PM, iRage said:

Honda Thailand is announcing that it will reveal the next gene Honda City on the 25th of November...so I suppose that means we will see the new Grace as well :D

Honda City Current type

Isn’t it kinda a facelift?

On 11/11/2019 at 8:00 AM, alpha17 said:

Seems that people are eagerly waiting for the Raize. Even in the Corolla Sport video review done by the E*ak*ri, every 1 out of 5-6 comments are asking to do a review of Raize. 

People are selling off jimneys and vitzes to make reservations for a a Raize, it’s that crazy, 

there are importers visiting hospitals trying to lure docs to make a purchase, the thing is like 3 mil for the permits

On 11/13/2019 at 10:24 PM, alpha17 said:

The small time reviewing crowd from Uk do a very decent job actually, I’ve been following them for ages earlier on smaller tv channels and webcasts, now on dominantly on YouTube. I’ve seen pre top gear videos of Richard Hammond as well, it’s been a stepping stone for most of the hosts on TG and Fifth gear!

Edited by tiv

9 minutes ago, tiv said:

Isn’t it kinda a facelift?

The picture posted by @iRage is of the face-lift model I guess since at the time he made that post the car wasn't officially revealed. It has been revealed yesterday and the interior seems to be very similar to the new FIT and tail lights also resembles the new FIT.

The power-train seems to be refreshed as well as the dimensions and the looks of the car than the previous generation.

https://paultan.org/2019/11/25/2020-honda-city-officially-debuts-in-thailand/

Edited by Dee Jay

3 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

The picture posted by @iRage is of the face-lift model I guess since at the time he made that post the car wasn't officially revealed. It has been revealed yesterday and the interior seems to be very similar to the new FIT and tail lights also resembles the new FIT.

The power-train seems to be refreshed as well as the dimensions and the looks of the car than the previous generation.

I too got a feed of the same one IRage posted, I think it’s the Indian market Then

rest of the countries got the new shape as you mentioned. The back reminds me of the new A Class

16 minutes ago, tiv said:

I too got a feed of the same one IRage posted, I think it’s the Indian market Then

rest of the countries got the new shape as you mentioned. The back reminds me of the new A Class

Yes..when I poste1574323060_248.png1574759355_897.jpg1574759355_778.jpg1574759355_538.jpg1574759355_775.jpg1574759902_227.jpgd it..the new one was not revealed

Honda City

@iRage any news of a new Vezel?? Since both the FIT and CITY were refreshed the HRV is due for an upgrade too I guess..

If this new power-train in the CITY is used in the new HRV, the HRV would dominate SL car sales together with the Raize if this tax structure prevails :D 

4 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

@iRage any news of a new Vezel?? Since both the FIT and CITY were refreshed the HRV is due for an upgrade too I guess..

If this new power-train in the CITY is used in the new HRV, the HRV would dominate SL car sales together with the Raize if this tax structure prevails :D 

Nothing concrete...there have been a few renderings popping up on automotive gossip magazines....the definitive news is that it will be released in 2020.

But yes..official whispers suggest that there might be a PHEV variant. There are suggestions that a 1L turbo might be a power option. Not sure if this would actually be reality though. Remember...the 1L Civic is not available in Japan because Honda believes that the engine does not do justice for the model in Japan considering the tax structure and Japanese vehicle usage and a smaller engine vehicle is considered to fit a smaller model (i.e. a Grace equivalent).  The gasoline Vezel was not considered to be that much of a performer (although I personally felt it was just like any other 1.5L sedan..granted it just seemed to be configured in a rather rolly polly manner..the Hybrid was a decent and pepppy 1.5L performer but definitely not the same as a sedan with a 2L engine which Honda claimed it was). So one has to wonder if Honda would actually stick a 1L engine with a little bit less power in to the Vezel UNLESS there is some drastic weight reduction (the turbo charging would give it a bit of torque but that is about it) and some serious performance tweaks. 

In the export market...(in most markets anyway) the BRV is there to fit the small crossover category....so it is hard to imagine that Honda would stick a 1L engine in to their crossover that is one segment higher than the BRV.

So that just leaves a few markets, perhaps those that have the 1L Civic where models like the City or the BRV is not available, where they just might stick the 1L in the Vezel.

Honda Wezel next generation expected CG

• Thanks 1