• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

10 hours ago, kmeeg said:

I didn't know that Mazda 3 has AWD option till today.

AWD was always there but it was mainly to get the car moving on a slightly snowy road. However MAZDAZoom versions and other sports versions came with AWD systems that were designed to put max power on to the tarmac; but these were limited production vehicles.

8 hours ago, vag2 said:

meanwhile, Mazda sticks to nonhybrids and focusing on improving gasoline engines. First gasoline with compression ignition released in US.

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20181127/COPY/311279914?template=mobile02&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Well..yes but no....the engines in the article are the US spec engines and what will be available for the most of the world. Mazda have been claiming the non-hybrid and focus on gasoline song for sometime, but they still did put the Hybrid in the Axela. The general consensus seems to be that whilst the primary engines will be the SkyActive G/D/X there will also be a Hybrid variant for the Japanese market (again...still pure speculation at this point because Japanese specs have not been released.

Some interior pics....the last few pics...grey hatch with maroon interior is apparently a special color scheme just for the hatch

RES_316642_1_20.jpgRES_316642_1_12.jpgRES_316642_1_21.jpgRES_316642_1_22.jpgRES_316642_1_25.jpgRES_316642_1_29.jpgRES_316642_1_30.jpgRES_316642_1_31.jpg

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Well..yes but no....the engines in the article are the US spec engines and what will be available for the most of the world. Mazda have been claiming the non-hybrid and focus on gasoline song for sometime, but they still did put the Hybrid in the Axela. The general consensus seems to be that whilst the primary engines will be the SkyActive G/D/X there will also be a Hybrid variant for the Japanese market (again...still pure speculation at this point because Japanese specs have not been released.

Some interior pics....the last few pics...grey hatch with maroon interior is apparently a special color scheme just for the hatch

RES_316642_1_20.jpgRES_316642_1_12.jpgRES_316642_1_21.jpgRES_316642_1_22.jpgRES_316642_1_25.jpgRES_316642_1_29.jpgRES_316642_1_30.jpgRES_316642_1_31.jpg

The Mazda is just wow.... an absolute thing of beauty. 

On the other hand just saw the Triton and the Delica - whoever's designing them at Mitsubishi must be watching too much Gundam... and here I was thinking it couldn't get any worse than the suzuki spacia... the delica is the epitome of hideousness. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Toyota Mexico apparently posted some pics of the new Supra (seems to be official) a few days ahead of time. the pictures apparently were taken from a presentation/session at the Tokyo Auto Salon. I suppose its not much different from what we have all been imagining it to be...

Image may contain: car

Image may contain: carvImage may contain: carImage may contain: carImage may contain: car

..and the GR Super GT concept shown at the Tokyo Autosalon going on right now

Published GR Supra SUPER GT CONCEPT

..and....Toyota showcased a GR version of the Daihatsu Copen

Copen GR Sports expanding the base of the series

and finally...another production run of the Mark X GRMN. Thisi time they will put out 350 units...what is different from the previous GRMN (100 units made ?)...different gearing of the rear plus some engine tweaks and nearly 220 additional welding spots :)

The second generation mark X GRMN

Edited by iRage

1 hour ago, kmeeg said:

Selfdriving Prius? (Modified of cause). I guess it will take a long time this to happen in our country as far more intelligence needed with our traffic.

Yes...pretty much all the Japanese manufactures have been toying with driverless cars for public transport. Even for the 2020 Olympics Toyota hopes to have driverless cars in the village. They are even pilotting driverless buses in certain areas (but the driver sits behind the wheel for peace of mind).

At CES2019 I think there was a driverless Lexus GS as well. 

• Like 1

Honda Japan has announced the arrival of the Vezel 1.5 Turbo version.This would likely to become the best of both worlds without the expensive dual clutch replacement for Sri Lankans.

https://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/touring/?from=navi_banner2_c

Also the new 2019 Honda Insight is announced, which carries an eye watering starting price tag of 3,200,000yen

https://www.honda.co.jp/INSIGHT/webcatalog/type/hybrid/#ex_black

Edited by alpha17

Honda Japan has announced the arrival of the Vezel 1.5 Turbo version.This would likely to become the best of both worlds without the expensive dual clutch replacement for Sri Lankans.
https://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/touring/?from=navi_banner2_c
Also the new 2019 Honda Insight is announced, which carries an eye watering starting price tag of 3,200,000yen
https://www.honda.co.jp/INSIGHT/webcatalog/type/hybrid/#ex_black
Is it CVT? I don't see any mention of a chang e of the transmission. It could still be a DCT.

Sent from my Nokia 1100 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Is it CVT? I don't see any mention of a chang e of the transmission. It could still be a DCT.

Usually the Honda 1.5 Turbo engine is paired with the CVT in the Civic and therefore it is more likely to be a CVT

16 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Wait what ? 

I was 97.5% certain and convinced that the Gasoline variants that came with the L15B engine (right from the time the car was launched) came with a CVT. It was the Hybrid which came with the LEB engine that got the DCT. If you look at any spec sheet you will see that Honda specifically says 1.5L i-VTEC+i-DCT and 1.5L i-VTEC. 

So I don't know why in Sri Lanka people got 1.5L gasoline Vezels with a DCT :P

As for the Insight price. Well..the starting price for the Insight was 3.2mil yen or something. 3.6mil yen was the high spec one...so it is pretty much the same price as the Prius and for the slightly higher price, Honda seems to be trying ot justify it by emphasizing that it is a bit more premium (hell I would pay the extra bit of money to have a car that looks normal as opposed to something that looks like....well the Prius).

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, iRage said:

Wait what ? 

I was 97.5% certain and convinced that the Gasoline variants that came with the L15B engine (right from the time the car was launched) came with a CVT. It was the Hybrid which came with the LEB engine that got the DCT

Ahh, sorry for the brainfart... totally forgot non-hybrid Vezels ? 

21 minutes ago, iRage said:

So I don't know why in Sri Lanka people got 1.5L gasoline Vezels with a DCT :P

It's a Sri Lankan thing :D non-hybrid Vezels are next to non-existent around here so the first thing that pops into mind when someone mentions the Vezel is - DCT!

• 4 weeks later...

These pics are going rounds on Facebook, people are claiming it is the new Hiace 300 series, although Toyota hasn't confirmed it. However, Toyota did report sometime back they are planning on a releasing a van with a bonnet. They hinted that it would either be Hiace or a van similar to Hiace.

Image may contain: outdoor

No photo description available.

Image may contain: people sitting

I'm not quite sure about these specifications because the van in the graphical picture looks much similar to a 100 series Regius

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and text

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and text

• 4 weeks later...

At the Geneva Motorshow 

Honda revealed that it will be putting out this little puppy later this year....the fully electric car is to be sold in Japan and select markets and is supposed to be a throwback to the old school Honda design

ãã³ãeã¯å¾è¼ªé§åã§èµ°ãã«ãæå¾ãã¸ã¥ãã¼ãããç¾å°ã§ã®ç¬¬ä¸å°è±¡ãå ±åãã³ãeã¯å¾è¼ªé§åã§èµ°ãã«ãæå¾ãã¸ã¥ãã¼ãããç¾å°ã§ã®ç¬¬ä¸å°è±¡ãå ±åãã³ãeã¯å¾è¼ªé§åã§èµ°ãã«ãæå¾ãã¸ã¥ãã¼ãããç¾å°ã§ã®ç¬¬ä¸å°è±¡ãå ±åãã³ãeã¯å¾è¼ªé§åã§èµ°ãã«ãæå¾ãã¸ã¥ãã¼ãããç¾å°ã§ã®ç¬¬ä¸å°è±¡ãå ±åãã³ãeã¯å¾è¼ªé§åã§èµ°ãã«ãæå¾ãã¸ã¥ãã¼ãããç¾å°ã§ã®ç¬¬ä¸å°è±¡ãå ±å

Toyota showcased a Corolla GR Sport... Toyota's racing/tuned lineup has been a three-tier approach with Gazoo Racing. GR Sport is the entry level sporty variants (equivalent to RS grades in the past) with minor suspension mods, performance focused cosmetic changes,  and extra welds for stregthening, etc...the next level is GR (this is equal to G sports and Phase II/III TRD packaged cars)...where the above is a bit more intense...then the highest are GRMN which come with all of the above even more intensified and with a high powered engien, transmission, etc (this is equal to what used to be fully tuned TRD models that were typically homologanation models). GRMN variants are produced in limited numbers.

Collaboration model of GR sports version and bicycle brand TREK appears in Europe Corolla Sports

They also showcased a outdoorsy Corolla wagon which is a collaboration with TREK

Collaboration model of GR sports version and bicycle brand TREK appears in Europe Corolla Sports

Mitsubishi Engelberg Tourer Concept...

Supposed to be the blueprint for the next gen SUVs...especially the Outlander.

Has a fancy PHEV system that powers the house (one that is better than the current ones...no idea how)

Concept that imagines the next-generation Outlander PHEV, Mitsubishi Engelberg Tour operator will be showcased for the first time

Concept that imagines the next-generation Outlander PHEV, Mitsubishi Engelberg Tour operator will be showcased for the first time次æåã¢ã¦ãã©ã³ãã¼PHEVãæ³åãã¦ãã¾ãã³ã³ã»ãããä¸è±ã¨ã³ã²ã«ãã«ã¯ãã¢ã©ã¼ãåæ«é²Concept that imagines the next-generation Outlander PHEV, Mitsubishi Engelberg Tour operator will be showcased for the first time次æåã¢ã¦ãã©ã³ãã¼PHEVãæ³åãã¦ãã¾ãã³ã³ã»ãããä¸è±ã¨ã³ã²ã«ãã«ã¯ãã¢ã©ã¼ãåæ«é²Concept that imagines the next-generation Outlander PHEV, Mitsubishi Engelberg Tour operator will be showcased for the first timeConcept that imagines the next-generation Outlander PHEV, Mitsubishi Engelberg Tour operator will be showcased for the first timeConcept that imagines the next-generation Outlander PHEV, Mitsubishi Engelberg Tour operator will be showcased for the first time

• 3 weeks later...

1. Mitsubishi's new face design for its vans and trucks look bulky and bold and is somewhat of an acquired taste (or looks that only a mother could love) but in reality it actually looks pretty good and you get used to it.

2. Mitsubishi's eK kei series was a very cute looking car. 

Put 1 & 2 together...you get the eK X...which...I dunno...hmmm

Mitsubishi Motors eK Wagon · eK Cross PresentationMitsubishi Motors eK Wagon · eK Cross PresentationMitsubishi Motors eK Wagon · eK Cross Presentation20190328-20105035-carview-000-4-view.jpg20190328-20105035-carview-001-4-view.jpg20190328-20105035-carview-002-4-view.jpg20190328-20105035-carview-005-4-view.jpg20190328-20105035-carview-030-4-view.jpg20190328-20105035-carview-041-4-view.jpg20190328-20105035-carview-038-4-view.jpg20190328-20105035-carview-038-4-view.jpg20190328-20105035-carview-039-4-view.jpg20190328-20105035-carview-040-4-view.jpg

Edited by iRage

Perhaps 1st of April was not the best of days for Toyota to confirm this..but..seems like the rumors are true...

The next gen Toyota Yaris for the US market will be a re-badged next gen Mazda 2 with a more Toyota-ish front end. Toyota currently sells the Mazda2 sedan as the Yaris sedan. Seems like they are extending that to the hatch as well (the US does not have the Mazda 2 on sale). The pic is a rendering of the current Mazda 2 as the Yaris hatch with the Toyota nose.

Toyota Japan seems to hint that there will be a new Vitz which is not a Mazda 2/Demio and that it will be more exciting than the current variant. There is also rumors that the new hatchback will be a Aqua+Vitz replacement.

ãã¨ã¿ãã¤ãªã¹ï¼ã´ã£ããï¼ã®æ°åã4æã«NYã§ä¸çåæ«é²ãåç±³åãã¯ãããªãã¼ã¹

Current yaris sedan :
First Drive: 2016 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Autos.ca

Following in Tesla's footsteps...Toyota is offering its patents on HV and EV technology free of charge as part of its "Toyota Environmental Challenge 2050". On top of that they will also offer free technical assistance to those who are using the patent. Seems like Toyota has been giving away quite a lot of HV/EV equipment over the last few years for other environmentally friendly vehicle development initiatives...

https://autoc-one.jp/news/5004104/

Providing free patent application for vehicle motorization technology such as motor, PCU, system control, etc. cultivated through Toyota Motor Corporation's hybrid vehicle development