• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

Gazoo, Toyota's very own Auto news and sales portal published these photos stating that Toyota Europe had released "images" of the next gen Toyota Corolla Touring Wagon which will be released at the Paris Motorshow next month. For the European market, it will replace the Auris wagon and will come with a 1.2L Turbo gaoline engine or the choice of a 1.8L or 2.0L Hybrid power train. Since this is a global model the JDM variant will be pretty similar to it.

Hope this is the real deal...it looks nice 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeFLcCqZp18EAPRSI4-3z:)

RES_313662_1_1.jpgRES_313662_1_2.jpgRES_313662_1_3.jpgRES_313662_1_4.jpg

First ever digital side mirrors in a production car : Lexus ES

Really ? 
I believe the first type of "vehicles" to have digital side mirrors were semi trucks ?

The displays could have been made to look prettier though...looks kind of bulky and kills the flow of the interior..IMO...

12090843513_003a_o.jpg12090832455_7f56_o.jpg12090832502_8216_o.jpg12090832539_210f_o.jpg12090832501_8ffb_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 11:50 AM, iRage said:

Gazoo, Toyota's very own Auto news and sales portal published these photos stating that Toyota Europe had released "images" of the next gen Toyota Corolla Touring Wagon which will be released at the Paris Motorshow next month. For the European market, it will replace the Auris wagon and will come with a 1.2L Turbo gaoline engine or the choice of a 1.8L or 2.0L Hybrid power train. Since this is a global model the JDM variant will be pretty similar to it.

Hope this is the real deal...it looks nice 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeFLcCqZp18EAPRSI4-3z:)

RES_313662_1_1.jpgRES_313662_1_2.jpgRES_313662_1_3.jpgRES_313662_1_4.jpg

The hatchback version of this is already available in SL for 6.75 mil and looks great :)

8 hours ago, walkernet said:

The hatchback version of this is already available in SL for 6.75 mil and looks great :)

Yes I saw that....pre-orders are just starting to be delivered to their owners in Japan; some of these (those who were ordered by exporters and other 3rd party dealers in Japan) along with some dealer demo models that are around are up for sale. Pretty cool that one of these actually came to SL...

The wagon will be shown in October and seems like the sedan son after that

Edited by iRage

On 9/21/2018 at 4:00 PM, iRage said:

Yes I saw that....pre-orders are just starting to be delivered to their owners in Japan; some of these (those who were ordered by exporters and other 3rd party dealers in Japan) along with some dealer demo models that are around are up for sale. Pretty cool that one of these actually came to SL...

The wagon will be shown in October and seems like the sedan son after that

Now there will be a competition among Civic 1.0L and Corolla Hatchback in that market segment.

34 minutes ago, walkernet said:

Now there will be a competition among Civic 1.0L and Corolla Hatchback in that market segment.

The thing is Sri Lankans prefer sedans/ sedanish over hatchbacks. Even though Civic 1L is a hatch it looks more like a sedan. Also very roomy for a hatch. That may be the reason it is more popular in SL. (Yeah, the price is low too and looks lovely)

Corolla hatch looks a lot like a typical hatch. For me it looks better than the civic. And guess it's fun to drive too. But you know us Sri Lankans are very different kind of people. One might think why to spend around 6.5 million for a hatch when they could buy a aqua or a fit for less than that. These days drivers are concerned more on how much fuel they can save per km than riding pleasure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Yeah, the price is low too

I think this is a major deciding factor than body-shape as well - Based on the grade of the civic you can get one for about 1 Mill less than the corolla . (Tax plays a part too with the 1.2 L engine on the Corolla) Folks like me can't simply afford the corolla even though I actually like it. 

4 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

The thing is Sri Lankans prefer sedans/ sedanish over hatchbacks. Even though Civic 1L is a hatch it looks more like a sedan. Also very roomy for a hatch. That may be the reason it is more popular in SL. (Yeah, the price is low too and looks lovely)

Corolla hatch looks a lot like a typical hatch. For me it looks better than the civic. And guess it's fun to drive too. But you know us Sri Lankans are very different kind of people. One might think why to spend around 6.5 million for a hatch when they could buy a aqua or a fit for less than that. These days drivers are concerned more on how much fuel they can save per km than riding pleasure.

Based on the looks and specs seems it's far better than a premio or allion.

We finally see actual images of the new Corolla Touring Wagon from the Paris Motorshow. So far only the European specs have been revealed which includes a 1.2L Turbo, a 1.8L Hybrid and 2.0L Hybrid just as in the Corolla Sports(hatch). I suppose the Japanese variant will also have the same engine variants (excluding the 2.0L Hybrid) as in the Corolla Sports

The car replaces the Auris - Touring wagon in Europe and is believed to replace the Corolla Fielder in Japan.

Toyota Corolla Touring Sports New Type (Paris Motor Show 2018)02_w1920.jpg04_w1920.jpg07_w1920.jpg09_w1920.jpg10_w1920.jpg22_w1920.jpg15_w1920.jpg14_w1920.jpg20_w1920.jpg21_w1920.jpg

Something a little bit more interesting from Nissan....

Infiniti showcased its first "Project Black S" car. the Project Black S Prototype Infiniti Q60 (Skyline Coupe'). The black series will be powered by a Sports Hybrid power train developed jointly by Nissan and Renault's F1 development team and shows how the dual F1 power train from F1 can be utilized in to road cars. The Project Black S is supposed to be pushing around 530hp.

Infiniti Project · Black S Prototype (Paris Motor Show 2018)Infiniti Project · Black S Prototype (Paris Motor Show 2018)Infiniti Project · Black S Prototype (Paris Motor Show 2018)Infiniti Project · Black S Prototype (Paris Motor Show 2018)Infiniti Project · Black S Prototype (Paris Motor Show 2018)Infiniti Project · Black S Prototype (Paris Motor Show 2018)

On 9/25/2018 at 1:45 PM, matroska said:

I think this is a major deciding factor than body-shape as well - Based on the grade of the civic you can get one for about 1 Mill less than the corolla . (Tax plays a part too with the 1.2 L engine on the Corolla) Folks like me can't simply afford the corolla even though I actually like it. 

Tax difference Rs. 1.5 Mn.

Civic 1.0 L has 127 Bhp vs Corolla 1.2 L 114 Bhp i still would vote for the Civic

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Not sure we get this here or not but anyway just saw this video on 2019 Toyota Rav4. Looks beautiful to me. Also I like the fact is has 8 speed automatic vs a cvt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LkpRGZbiyE

Hasn't been released yet....some regions are taking pre-orders and delivery is supposed to be early next year. Japan is supposed to get it launched around that time too.

As for whether it will be brought down to SL....well it all depends on what the prevailing tax structures would be. The last generation (4th) was available only through the agents and was ridiculously pricey so people never bought. Instead they opted to bring down the 3rd generation from Japan (Japan never got the 4th gen and had the 3rd gen continue in its place).

9 hours ago, kmeeg said:

I thought RAV4 would be around 10Mn and Range Rover would cost twice as much..

Last time I checked Rav4 ICE 2.5L at TL is 20.5 million.

You can by a same era Toyota Harrier for 15 million with more bells and whistles.

Also Lexus NX 300h is going for 16 million.

Edited by sathyajithj99

12 hours ago, kmeeg said:

I thought RAV4 would be around 10Mn and Range Rover would cost twice as much..

Killer is the 2.5 L engine which attracts Rs. 5.5 Mn. over the 2.0 L

2.0 L hybrid would be Rs. 8.5 Mn. cheaper

Edited by kush

3 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Last time I checked Rav4 ICE 2.5L at TL is 20.5 million.

You can by a same era Toyota Harrier for 15 million with more bells and whistles.

Also Lexus NX 300h is going for 16 million.

Yes...thus the reason why those who bought the RAV4 went for a JDM variant (although it was the 3rd gen instead of the 4th gen by the agents)

33 minutes ago, kush said:

Killer is the 2.5 L engine which attracts Rs. 5.5 Mn. over the 2.0 L

2.0 L hybrid would be Rs. 8.5 Mn. cheaper

But the Hybrid system that comes in the Camry, Crown etc is actually pretty damn decent (especially the new ones that is even on the CHR and Prius). So the new 2L Hybrid on this would probably be just as decent.

8 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Premio & Allion comparison.

Not sure if this video was shared before. Sharing this as I really liked the video.

A for effort :)

it is funny the guy says Allion is marketed as a sporty saloon. Its actually marketed as the "youthful" version of the platform as the name suggests "All-in-one" :) Not to mention Toyota has not been marketing it for quite sometime now. Also it is still the 260 platform isn't it ?

1 hour ago, iRage said:

A for effort :)

it is funny the guy says Allion is marketed as a sporty saloon. Its actually marketed as the "youthful" version of the platform as the name suggests "All-in-one" :) Not to mention Toyota has not been marketing it for quite sometime now. Also it is still the 260 platform isn't it ?

It is sad to see these vehicles which cost around 8 million rupees miss a lot of features comparing with other vehicles of the same price bracket such as

Adaptive cruise control

Blind spot monitoring

Rear Cross traffic alert

Auto dimming rear view mirror

Seat heaters

Electric parking brake

Auto brake hold