• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

and we see the first glimpses of the 2017 Honda CR-V.

The CR-V was rumored to be pulled out of the Japanese domestic market (result of the Vezel) and it is now off the Japanese Honda website and the dealerships don't give any information on the car (nor do they say that the CR-V is completely out of the JDM market). Same fate was rumored for the JDM RAV4 (which got dropped off the line-up a few months ago in Japan and the website) after the new Harrier, which shares the underpinnings of the 4th gen RAV4 (export model) was introduced in Japan a few year ago.

Anyway, the car was showcased in the US....looks pretty nice and for the first time comes with a 1.5L Turbo charged engine (190hp ?) or a 2.4L NA engine.

• 2017-Honda-CR-V-grille.jpg
    • 2017-Honda-CR-V-side-02.jpg
      • 2017-Honda-CR-V-rear-three-quarter-03.jpg
  • 2017-Honda-CR-V-interior-view.jpg

Toyota might be uncertain about the RAV4's fate in Japan, but they are quite certain about giving the Japanese market a Tank...and a Roomy. Essentially the same car...and they call it 1LD cars....they are both powered by a 1.0L Turbo charged engine. The thing had been designed by Daihatsu..and Daihatsu's equivelant is the Thor...or Loki or something...

carlineup_tank_exterior_top_pic_01_02_pc.jpgcarlineup_tank_exterior_top_pic_02_02_pc.jpgcarlineup_tank_exterior_top_pic_03_03_pc.jpgcarlineup_roomy_exterior_top_pic_01_02_pc.jpgcarlineup_roomy_exterior_top_pic_04_01_pc.jpgcarlineup_roomy_interior_top_pic_01_01_pc.jpgcarlineup_roomy_interior_top_pic_02_02_pc.jpg  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, hrm said:

Got to know that Vitz hybrid is going to be launched in Japan next month/year. Is it true? Anyone knows more details?

Well...the Vitz Hybrid has been around for ages in export markets; it is just that it was not sold in Japan partly because of the Aqua (and the likes of...). I am surprised the car sales guys didn't milk it all this time already (probably they don't have access to european/UK markets that much). In fact I have seen two Hybrid Vitz/Yaris in SL.

With the updates the European version will be sold in Japan as well now and has the same Hybrid system as the Aqua.

https://car.kurumagt.com/2017-p13.html

On other things...

Toyota finally announced the prices for their new C-HR (interesting considering some of our loving car salesmen already sold it with the Hybrid base model starting around 3mil++ yen MSRP when the actual base unit is about 2.6mil++ MSRP). TRD and Modellista also released their equipment for the C-HR. Also, Toyota has received 30,000 orders for the thing within the first 3 weeks of sales...

New type C-HR × Modelista flow custom "BOOST IMPULSE STYLE" introduced新型C-HR×TRD流カスタム『Aggressive Style』を紹介

Then in China the Levin gets the engine downsizing treatment and gets a 1.2l Turbo charged engine

【広州モーターショー16】トヨタ レビン に「ターボ」…ダウンサイズの1.2リットル搭載

and everyone back in Japan is waiting to see the TGR Aqua and Vitz concept models (TGR = Toota Gazoo Racing)

トヨタ、アクアのコンセプトカーを出展

Edited by iRage

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Well...the Vitz Hybrid has been around for ages in export markets; it is just that it was not sold in Japan partly because of the Aqua (and the likes of...). I am surprised the car sales guys didn't milk it all this time already (probably they don't have access to european/UK markets that much). In fact I have seen two Hybrid Vitz/Yaris in SL.

With the updates the European version will be sold in Japan as well now and has the same Hybrid system as the Aqua.

https://car.kurumagt.com/2017-p13.html

Yeah I knew the export version. Is it the same Yaris hybrid getting launched as Vitz hybrid in Japan?

35 minutes ago, hrm said:

Yeah I knew the export version. Is it the same Yaris hybrid getting launched as Vitz hybrid in Japan?

Apparently...it will get a minor facelift.

Quite a few SEA countries have a new Yaris and there is no reports on that being launched in Japan and other select markets...

• Like 1

The next gen Corolla (export model by the looks of it) seem to be under going testing

It will have the usual gasoline and hybrid variants along with (possibly) a 1.2L turbo charged gasoline. Here is the kicker....there is a possibility that there will be a variant with a BMW engine....so this should be interesting...

カローラに「BMW製エンジン」搭載の可能性!? 次期型のプロトタイプをキャッチ!Possibility of installing "BMW engine" in Corolla!? Catch the prototype of the next model!

On 12/17/2016 at 10:17 AM, iRage said:

On other things...

Toyota finally announced the prices for their new C-HR (interesting considering some of our loving car salesmen already sold it with the Hybrid base model starting around 3mil++ yen MSRP when the actual base unit is about 2.6mil++ MSRP). TRD and Modellista also released their equipment for the C-HR. Also, Toyota has received 30,000 orders for the thing within the first 3 weeks of sales...

Here is the prices I've got:

1800cc Hybrid G = 11.5m, Hybrid S = 11m

1200cc Turbo G = 9.5m, Turbo S = 8.9m

Admins please remove this post if against forum rules.

1 hour ago, asrock said:

Here is the prices I've got:

1800cc Hybrid G = 11.5m, Hybrid S = 11m

1200cc Turbo G = 9.5m, Turbo S = 8.9m

Admins please remove this post if against forum rules.

A lot more conservative than what I got...the 1.2L was quoted as 9.5mil onwards and Hybrid 12mil onwards...

1 hour ago, Quiet said:

is it really worth for that price :huh:

Are 90% of the cars we buy worth the price we pay in SL ?

What I don't get is how a car that is the same price as a Prius in Japan end up being so much more expensive in SL than a Prius...a Prius S touring goes for about 8mil ? In Japan the C-HR S is more or less the same price as a Prius S Touring but landed over here in SL the thing is 11mil ? Does the C-HR attract additional taxes or are the car sales people milking the hype of the C-HR, If it is the latter I am sure the sales people will have to lower their prices if to compete with the Vezel.

its just a car sale gimmik, When new vehicles come they make thumping profits. I was involved in financing car sales when Vezel came in to the market. The landed cost of a Vezel at that time including tax was approx 4.8-5.2Mn where as i know some people who bought it at 6.5Mn-7Mn

11 hours ago, Magnum said:

The Vezel looks better to me

Really ? In person the C-HR looks better to me. Has a very futuristic body shape and body lines....granted you can't see for $h!t out the rear window and the nice shape seems to make the rear part of the cabin small (smaller than the Vezel ?). I liked the interior finish as well...not too plasticy and not too fake leathery as well. Kind of feel that the Vezel would be a much more practical car whilst the C-HR more of a designer accessory kind of thing :) 

Haven't driven one yet..hopefully in a month :D However, have heard good things about Toyota's 1.2L Turbo engine...so would be interesting to see how it does in the C-HR

Edited by iRage

Toyota updates the Coaster after....wait for it...

24 !!! years !!!

Whilst this would be the Coaster's 4th generation the previous two generations have had only cosmetic changes and engine upgrades whilst the frame/chassis construct and configuration has been the same. The 4th generation is supposed to adopt a new frame and a new process for how the body is constructed along with additional safety features.

Toyota revamped small bus coaster for the first time in 24 yearsToyota revamped small bus coaster for the first time in 24 yearsToyota revamped small bus coaster for the first time in 24 years

• Like 1