• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

Subaru launches 2016 versions of updated WRX and STI

On April 23, Subaru of America launched its 2016 versions of the WRX (the WRX S4, in Japan) and WRX STI.

The current WRX model was unveiled in the fall of 2013 at the Los Angeles Auto Show, while the WRX STI debuted last January at the 2014 North American International Auto Show. The 2016 model features its first update since debuting nearly two and a half years ago.

The updated WRX comes loaded with safety features. Subaru’s EyeSight technology now includes Lane Keep Assist and will be available for the Lineartronic CVT model.

In addition, all WRX models come standardized with Subaru’s StarLink multimedia touch screen infotainment system. The top-of-the-line Premium and Limited grades also come equipped with 18-inch wheels and summer tires.

Subaru has also established a low-profile rear trunk spoiler for the WRX STI Limited grade as an optional feature free-of-charge. It provides more options for those who aren’t fond of having a large spoiler on the back of their car.

250337_1.jpg

250337_2.jpg

• Like 1

I am not sure what toyota designers are smoking lately when it comes to the front grille

Lexus seems to be doing OK with the spindle grille but toyota seems to be getting it horribly wrong with their imitation of it when it comes to cars in recent times.

The camry facelift last year and now the axio.

Edited by B2Spirit

• 2 weeks later...

This is quite an interesting development, hopefully this partnership will result in Toyota figuring out how to build cars that are practical AND interesting/fun like Mazda does rather than Mazda ending up churning out Hybrid beigemobiles like Toyota. I only realised after reading about this that the Axela/3 Hybrid was a "testing the waters exercise" for this partnership and that's why it runs Toyota Hybrid tech. I was also under the impression that the Hybrid Axela would be a proper fast car with the 155 BHP 2.0 L engine AND the Hybrid motor but it turns out that for Hybrid duty the petrol engine has been wound back to 100BHP or so and retuned for low end torque. So total system output is only about 135BHP, which means it isn't really going to be that brisk.

I'm glad I ended up with the 6 instead of a 3 Hybrid which was also a late contender!

When I read the article I started hoping that Mazda wouldn't get in Toyota's habit if putting out lazy uninspired nboxes on wheels. Yes the Axela Hybrid was testing the waters I guess, also in vthe US Scion just launched the Mazda 2 sedan as some Scion model (yes they uglied the car up before they put a Scion badge on it).

As for the Axela, although toned down it actually is a nicer drive than its competition. I thought ir was sufficient for what it was and didn't feel chocked as obviously as the Vezel did. But true, it could have been a whole lot more than what it is. The biggest dissapointment I had with the entire range of Axeli was that it had the least amount of Zoominess in a Mazda I had ever driven. Still there but not as edgy. Hopefully these aren't signs of Toyota rubbing off on them. Then again a turbo charged version of the Axela (200 something+ HP) is in the works apparently.

Toyota Prado to get new 2.8-litre diesel engine, six-speed automatic from June production

from June production the LandCruiser Prado will trade its current 3.0-litre four-cylinder turbo diesel engine for a new 2.8-litre turbo diesel and upgrade from a five-speed automatic transmission to a new six-speed auto gearbox.

The Prado’s engine will be based on (and potentially identical to) the new 2.8-litre unit that will headline the new-generation Toyota HiLux ute range.

Leaked information has revealed the HiLux’s version of the engine will produce 132kW of power, 420Nm of torque when paired with the six-speed manual transmission and 450Nm with the six-speed auto.

The Prado’s current 3.0-litre diesel produces 127kW and 410Nm, meaning the updated model would get a 5kW/10Nm boost in manual form and a bigger 5kW/40Nm increase with the new auto if the HiLux’s engine was dropped directly into its engine bay without any changes.

The smaller engine will also be more fuel efficient than the older, larger one, which currently consumes 8.5 litres per 100 kilometres on the combined cycle with the five-speed auto and 8.8L/100km with the manual.

Read more at http://www.caradvice.com.au/353773/toyota-prado-to-get-new-2-8-litre-diesel-engine-six-speed-automatic-from-june-production/#Qig7LYAcDQc02CLZ.99

So here's the all new Hilux undisguised

982867035731342738.jpg

19527423401239558016.jpg

20852598261024203370.jpg

188562268452182208.jpg

12351492981584830706.jpg

18400961661134939888.jpg

These are a 2.4-liter turbodiesel, generating 150 PS (111 kW) and 167 PS (123 kW), along with a beefier 2.8-liter unit rated at 177 PS (130 kW). Both engines will be mated to an automatic gearbox or a manual transmission.

Land Cruiser 200 gets a major facelift. The reports in Japan are from a leaked image from the middle easts so no specific details are out except for the changed front end. It is pressumed to still be the LC 200 serie (not its successor EDIT:however based on some english sites it is a completely new model) and speculated to be the last update before a change overin mid/late 2016<br/>

<br/>

(So in otherwords no one knows what it is except that it is a full sized LC that looks different from the current one)

EDIT : Agghhhh. Image embedding doesn't seem to work in my mobile. Here is the link to the article : <a href='http://carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/newmodel/20150528-10224322-carview/?t=0'>http://carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/newmodel/20150528-10224322-carview/?t=0</a>

Edited by iRage

Earlier today Suzuki launched the new/replacement model of its long running Lapin. The new model is called Altra Pan (in Japanesey english it apparently breaks down as Alto Lapin. Yeah that totally sounds like Altra Pan)! Wifey thinks it looks cute but I think although it has a nice rounded body it has a face of a pyscho

http://carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/newmodel/20150603-10224649-carview/

Amusingly, the concept of interior is 'my room', so the dash has the motif of a desk and seat come with patterns of bed linen :)

http://carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/newmodel/20150603-10224700-carview/

Suzuki apparently will install a premium Harmon Cardon infortaintment system on all models

Earlier today Suzuki launched the new/replacement model of its long running Lapin. The new model is called Altra Pan (in Japanesey english it apparently breaks down as Alto Lapin. Yeah that totally sounds like Altra Pan)! Wifey thinks it looks cute but I think although it has a nice rounded body it has a face of a pyscho http://carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/newmodel/20150603-10224649-carview/ Amusingly, the concept of interior is 'my room', so the dash has the motif of a desk and seat come with patterns of bed linen :)http://carview.yahoo.co.jp/news/newmodel/20150603-10224700-carview/ Suzuki apparently will install a premium Harmon Cardon infortaintment system on all models

lol at the psycho reference. Are suzuki going for a retro look? The round lights remind me a bit of the hustler. With the lowest tax bracket being for sub 1000 CC engines i think there will be quite a bit of similar vehicles in our roads soon. I heard Daihatsu agent is getting a few Mira e;s 's with an idle-stop mechanism and the suzuki wagon r hybrids are also quite common now.

Well the Lapin has always looked retroish and that has been around for awhile. But yes more cars seem to be going retro even with Honda and their N kei cars (now NOne has a face of an ewok). I dunno. Brannew keis are on average about 1.3 mil yen an1 yr old one around 1 mil on average. Add a 115% duty rate along with dealers' margins might reach around 3mil Rs which is quite high compared to yhe Indian, Chinese and Malaysian alternatives.