• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

Not too far off from Toyota's C-HR; Nissan for some time have been talking about a old 2xxZ rally car inspired crossover. Many believed that Nissan would be killing the Z in leu for this particular crossover. Whilst images of the prototype, named GRIPZ, have been floating around for sometime Nissan finally revealed the official prototype a few days ago and confirmed that the Z will not be discontinued. Te fact that the current model will end its model-life in 2017 and the Gripz going in to production the same time is apparently part of some strategy...

Find the entire photo album here.. :http://motorshow.carview.yahoo.co.jp/frankfurt-motorshow/jp/1850/?t=1

01_w1920.jpg?04_w1920.jpg

Being fashionably late to the party Toyota reveled the Hybrid RAV4 for the "rest of the world" <previous one was tagged as for America?> with hints of what the facelift would look like. The face looks like that of a StormTrooper's. Looks somewhat weird up close but the long nose is somewhat bearable from a distance and the entire body is visible. Haven't read much on it so I have no idea if this will have the Hybrid system which will was introduced with the 2016 Prius....by the signs of it the Tokyo Motorshow is going to be quite interesting...

19_w1920.jpg01_w1920.jpg10_w1920.jpg

Not to be outdone by Nissan and Toyota in funky baby mini crossovers...Mazda unveiled its KOERU concept/design base for a mini crossover (I don't get it..I thought that is what the CX-3 was..but oh well). The Koeru is apparently an extension of Mazda's Kodo design base...

02_w1920.jpg05_w1920.jpg

Not too far off from Toyota's C-HR; Nissan for some time have been talking about a old 2xxZ rally car inspired crossover. Many believed that Nissan would be killing the Z in leu for this particular crossover. Whilst images of the prototype, named GRIPZ, have been floating around for sometime Nissan finally revealed the official prototype a few days ago and confirmed that the Z will not be discontinued. Te fact that the current model will end its model-life in 2017 and the Gripz going in to production the same time is apparently part of some strategy...

Find the entire photo album here.. :http://motorshow.carview.yahoo.co.jp/frankfurt-motorshow/jp/1850/?t=1

It looks kinda like the Juke, any idea why the Z is being killed? it's still a pretty popular coupe/sport car. Its sad they are killing it after such a long run.

There was also a rumor that Nissan is going to stop the four tail lights on the GTR, if they do that it will be super horrible

Not to be outdone by Nissan and Toyota in funky baby mini crossovers...Mazda unveiled its KOERU concept/design base for a mini crossover (I don't get it..I thought that is what the CX-3 was..but oh well). The Koeru is apparently an extension of Mazda's Kodo design base...

It looks like something that would compete against the Evoque, X3 and Q5

Edited by Magnum

No. The Z is NOT being killed. People thought it was because the Z based crossover was coming out asthe current model was reaching an end in 2017. I read that the main reason people believed the Z was being killed was that it is domewhat known that Nissan hasnt started developing a replacement Z model. Since that usually takes 5 to 6 years that would mean new model will be out in 2019ish whilst the current one ends in 2017. But a m9nthago there was alsotalks of the next Z being based on a Renault hatch whichwouldmean Nissan can put outa modrl in 2017. Then again I cant see why Nissan cant simply use the GripZ' platform anyway.. .

Being fashionably late to the party Toyota reveled the Hybrid RAV4 for the "rest of the world" <previous one was tagged as for America?> with hints of what the facelift would look like. The face looks like that of a StormTrooper's. Looks somewhat weird up close but the long nose is somewhat bearable from a distance and the entire body is visible. Haven't read much on it so I have no idea if this will have the Hybrid system which will was introduced with the 2016 Prius....by the signs of it the Tokyo Motorshow is going to be quite interesting...

19_w1920.jpg01_w1920.jpg10_w1920.jpg

Looks almost like an X-trail apart from the horrible nose kinda thing on this :)

Edited by NRX

Suzuki reveals its Vitara S (the highest grade...and it seems smaller than the outgoing Vitara ?)....not the prettiest..but still perhaps the second prettiest kid on the block considering what its competition looks like.Suzuki seems to have down sized its engines. The European market will have 1.6L NA gasoline and 1.6L Turbocharged diesel variants, with both having similar output figures with the TC diesel having more torque. In addition there has been an announcement of a 1.4L Turbo (called Booster Jet) charged petrol variant but whether it would be strictly for Japan or other international markets as well doesn't seem to be clear from the articles I am reading. So far the petrol 1.6L engines will apparently be mated to a 5M/T or 6A/T and the diesel to a 6M/T.

20150918-10230286-carview-000-1-view.jpg20150918-10230286-carview-001-1-view.jpg20150918-10230286-carview-003-1-view.jpg20150918-10230286-carview-006-1-view.jpg20150918-10230286-carview-005-1-view.jpg

Edited by iRage

Steaming along with downsized turbo charged engines; just a few months after Lexus announced a turbo charged IS for the European market (at least when they first announced it it was for the European market..not sure if it has made it to other by now), RC goes turbo charged as well...

20150917-10230224-carview-000-2-view.jpg

Steaming along with downsized turbo charged engines; just a few months after Lexus announced a turbo charged IS for the European market (at least when they first announced it it was for the European market..not sure if it has made it to other by now), RC goes turbo charged as well...

It's the same turbo engine that they introduced in the NX CUV that is getting shared across the Lexus range, isnt it ?

Urrrrrgh I think Ill barf, wtf are those white plastic bits?yuck,,, and the durability of them glossy plastics would be short, ull have to selotape ur finger to avoid scratching it.. ladies should sit in the back... Even the alto looks better I think(atleast its cheap)

epic machan :)

Looks like a Mazda 3 hatchback

Special edition model for the Honda Vezel

The special Style Edition car is coated with Premium Crystal Red Metallic as its exclusive body color. Its interior exclusively adopts combined materials such as ivory soft pad on its blue and black seats, dark gray roofing, dark chrome molding trims, and exclusive stitch-type leather steering wheels.

Also, Honda's genuine navigation system, the Gathers, is equipped with a special package and an ETC device.

Moreover, the 4WD version adopts 17-inch aluminum wheels, exhaust pipe finisher, tonneau cover, and accessory socket that is set in the Hybrid X L package.

It will be released to the market on September 18.

260274_1.jpg

260274_3.jpg

260274_6.jpg

260274_8.jpg

260274_9.jpg

260274_12.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

8AR-FTS Making its debut in Toyota range with the Crown facelift

The aforementioned 2.0 litre direct-injection turbocharged engine is only available for the Crown Athlete. Codenamed 8AR-FTS, it’s essentially the same engine fitted to the Lexus IS and NX200t, matched to Toyota’s eight-speed Super ECT automatic transmission. It’s claimed to average 13.4 km per litre on the Japanese JC08 test cycle.

http://paultan.org/2015/10/01/toyota-crown-facelift-gets-new-2-0-litre-turbo-engine/

Edited by B2Spirit

I like the previous gen. Crown

Going thru the specs (Well whatever google was able to translate. I think japan has intentionally put specs on JDM site in PDFs to make it difficult to translate :) ), I didn't find any reference to things like Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist and the Toyota safety sense package.

Maybe it was lost in translation, if not Considering the fact that toyota put all their gismos in to the crown it's a bit surprising.

Edited by B2Spirit