• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Cs2

aamarakoon

Question

I'm thinking of buying a sedan for about 2 million. I thought of going for a Mitsubishi Lancer CS2 Auto because I can buy a relatively new car compared to Toyotas . My queries are,

1. Is it possible to buy a well maintained specimen for my budget?

2. I want a very reliable/powerful car.

3. How economical is the CS2 Auto version?

4. Is it difficult to sell? (Not expecting to make a profit by selling the car in future)

5. Is there a GDI version of this car? If so how can it be identified?

6. Any other alternative cars?

Hi...

First do a search..

Most CS2's are having GDI engines and comes with Auto tranny AFIK. if you want to avoid GDI, look for a CS3. (2001 - 2002) EFI 1600 CC.

There are CS2s with EFI engine but bit out of your budget i suppose. Refer Below ads

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=112636

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=107763

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=110017

Refer below links for more details regarding CS models

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/11652-mitsubishi-lancer-cs3/?hl=cedia#entry170701

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/9508-mitsubishi-lancer-cs1/?hl=cedia#entry137597

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/6390-need-information-on-lancer-cs1/?hl=cedia#entry93863

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/4854-mitsubishi-lancer-cs1/?hl=cedia

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/14640-ek3-or-lancer-cs1/?hl=+lancer%20+cs

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13185-lancer-cs1-1300cc-has-no-enough-power-to-carry-load/?hl=lancer+cs#entry196824

Best of luck!

As correctly pointed out by Trinity, most of the Auto trannies of CS2s are imported reconditioned, thus with GDI engines. They are bit more troublesome than the Non GDIs which are imported brand new by the agents. There are few non GDI Auto trannies which were imported brandnew by the Agents but its hard to find. but if you want to check any details of a Car you can simply call the agents and ask for service records. you can get alot of information about the early stage of the car with them (most people maintain with the Agent initially)

About selling, I used a CS1 for 3 years and when I wanted to sell it, I sold it with in 2 days of advertising in AL. Its all about quoting the right price. If you are looking for a 500k gain after 2 years from this car, let me tell you this in not the car for that. but with these cars you wont loose money in absolute terms. (In my case I made 200k on absolute terms in 3 years apart from the reliability and the saticefaction of owning and driving the car)

Can somebody tell me how a CS1 is like to drive, say in the city and the motorway with the AC on. Can it cope ok with 5 passengers and the AC on with an automatic transmission or it a bit of a pain to build momentum?

Can somebody tell me how a CS1 is like to drive, say in the city and the motorway with the AC on. Can it cope ok with 5 passengers and the AC on with an automatic transmission or it a bit of a pain to build momentum?

Not at all. I've driven a CS1 (YoM 2003) with 5 passengers. Compared to a Mazda 323 and a B15, it was far better in terms of pickup. Don't have any experience with any other 1.3 ltr Jap sedans.

Not at all. I've driven a CS1 (YoM 2003) with 5 passengers. Compared to a Mazda 323 and a B15, it was far better in terms of pickup. Don't have any experience with any other 1.3 ltr Jap sedans.

Crosswind, are you comparing like for like? CS1 vs Mazda 1.3 vs B15 1.3? It seems good value for money and I have a soft spot for Lancers. Thinking of whether to get something temporary for the family while my old Mitsi undegoes open heart surgery and a lung transplant :)

Yes. All three were auto 1.3 litre cars. Loved the ride. Only trouble was it did like 7-8km to the litre.

Do remember that u will have to spend a considerable time to sell it off, due to the market perception in this country. Try to get one close to 2 mill (facelift) or close to 1.7mill (pre-facelift) if you can.

sorry don never driven an auto cs.. But can vouch for the manual CS1.. I believe crosswind is right though.. It should be able to do those things without any issue.. As for reselling it.. If the car is well maintained and quotes the right price you can sell it like hot koththu.. There was a CS1 with auto box advertised on AL couple of weeks back and i called the seller just to find out that it was sold the very next day..white color face lift one..

If you need any info about the manual one, i'll be more than happy to provide you da details..

Edited by trinity

Yes. All three were auto 1.3 litre cars. Loved the ride. Only trouble was it did like 7-8km to the litre.

Do remember that u will have to spend a considerable time to sell it off, due to the market perception in this country. Try to get one close to 2 mill (facelift) or close to 1.7mill (pre-facelift) if you can.

sorry don never driven an auto cs.. But can vouch for the manual CS1.. I believe crosswind is right though.. It should be able to do those things without any issue.. As for reselling it.. If the car is well maintained and quotes the right price you can sell it like hot koththu.. There was a CS1 with auto box advertised on AL couple of weeks back and i called the seller just to find out that it was sold the very next day..white color face lift one..

If you need any info about the manual one, i'll be more than happy to provide you da details..

Thanks both! Now I would love a manual one, but it seems the new generation of drivers, though they got their licenses through driving manuals aren't confident in driving manuals, like my sister. The other regular of the car will be my father who is in his 60s is not as fit as he once used to be, so while I would love a manual and have always driven manuals sadly might have to concede and buy an auto since I will not be the main driver.

There is one slight problem though. Once the other Mitsi returns from its rehabilitation, we might have to sell one of the cars because we don't have the space to park 3 cars, so while I hate to say it, the ease of resale does matter a little bit, particularly since I probably wont be the one having to sell it.

I have no doubt the Mitsubishi handles better than any other Japanese car of that category with the possible exception of the Imprezza 1.5 and the Civic which would probably be on par, thanks to the multi link rear suspension which is a little more sophisticated than what most Jap econo boxes get these days!

Oh well, decisions decisions..

we'll if its auto it sums up to this

1. CS1 Face lift 1300 cc EFI - Comparative less power and higher fuel consumption.. Have a decent second hand market

2. CS2 Cedia 1500 cc GDI - Powerful and better fuel consumption.. Could be a bitch to sell cuz of the GDI

3. CS2 JDM and Singapore Market 1500 cc EFI with many extras.. i think this has the best of both worlds.. Very rare to find and asking price is higher.. This is the best bet i believe..

Hope you'll make a good decision..:-) All the best machan..:-)

we'll if its auto it sums up to this

1. CS1 Face lift 1300 cc EFI - Comparative less power and higher fuel consumption.. Have a decent second hand market

2. CS2 Cedia 1500 cc GDI - Powerful and better fuel consumption.. Could be a bitch to sell cuz of the GDI

3. CS2 JDM and Singapore Market 1500 cc EFI with many extras.. i think this has the best of both worlds.. Very rare to find and asking price is higher.. This is the best bet i believe..

Hope you'll make a good decision..:-) All the best machan..:-)

Thanks for all the info man.

did they sell the JDM or Singapore version brand new at Unit#d Mot#rs??

No. As far as I know, no agent sells what is not specifically meant for the country in which they operate. So the JDM/Singapore Lancers you see here are private imports.

guys could you please help me with the lancer cs2? there no detailed thread about the cs2 but a lot has been discussed about cs3. i know that the CS2 is 1500cc where as the CS3 is 1600cc. apart from that what are the differences? I came across a 2006 lancer CS2 automatic transmission. It has the double din sound system which is shown in the thread (the JDM dash.not the altered dash). anybody can advice me with the market price? thank you in advance

I think I've said this before but the number after the letters "CS" indicates the type of engine on the car. Ranging from the CS1 which has a 1.3L SOHC engine to the CS9 which has a 2.0L DOHC Turbo engine, the rest of the options on the car is solely depends on the trim (GL, GLX etc.) of the car. So you may find a CS2 or CS3 with pretty much the same options with the only difference being the engine.

So the car in question is a JDM CS2?

• Like 1

Watchman yes true! but I came across a lancer CS2 brand new imported through Unit#d Mot#rs which is EFI with the JDM dash (double din). so just wondering. He quotes 25.5 for the vehicle.its in pristine condition. help me out guys.

Edited by prvnrox

Which type of dash are you talking about?

A: This is a JDM dash (not double din but there is a multi info display between the centre AC vents, and and automatic AC on the mid-centre of the dash):

000140118_6.jpg

B: Double din dash (Automatic AC located at the mid-lower part of the dash).

000141056_9.jpg

Wow davvy u are so informative and thank you! Yes I'm referring to the latter type.i think it's the same car I'm talking about.what do you think?

Yes, then this should be a brand new import through UniMo and not a JDM. Looks like they provided the options later because the earlier versions of the CS did not have this. What is the asking price? These go around for 2.4 - 2.7 million I guess.

He is asking for 25.5 just wondering if it's a good price at the current market scenario.whats your feed back davvy?

I guess the price is okay for that car since it's a rare speciman and seems to be in pretty goodk condition.

Depends on so many other factors such as the year of manufacture, mileage, condition, trim (GL or GLX). The value is finally what the buyer is willing to pay for a particular specimen.

Please search the forum, there is enough and more info about the entire Lancer CS series.

Appreciate if a moderator can please merge this thread with an existing CS1 thread. Thanks!

Edited by Davy