• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Selling A Car Through Places Like Pk Niwasa

ransam

If we are to sell a car through plases like PK niwasa, do we need to keep the vehicle and other original documents with them till full payment is done if a deal is made and an advance pament is done? If so is it safe?

There's a better place to sell a car, which is 100% safe

Because...

1. you keep the vehicle

2. you keep the original documents

3. you show the car to potential buyers

4. you decide and negotiate on the price

and it costs you only 800 rupees

it's called autolanka classifieds

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 6

Because...

1. you keep the vehicle

I tried but didn't get many inquiries. Market is slow moving these days. You get several quiries but hardly anyone show up even to see the vehicle.

If we are to sell a car through plases like PK niwasa, do we need to keep the vehicle and other original documents with them till full payment is done if a deal is made and an advance pament is done? If so is it safe?

A friend of mine had a very bad experience at "PK Niwasa -Malabe". He left the car there for about a month and the car did not sell. When he went to take it back he found that his new wipers had been switched and so was the new battery he had put in.

If I were you I'd put it on AL classifieds and the H*t A*.

I tried but didn't get many inquiries. Market is slow moving these days. You get several quiries but hardly anyone show up even to see the vehicle.

Agreed with tilvin. Buyers' demand depends on the price that you quote. Quote a reasonable price (considering the current market trends) and you will sell your car in no time. Don't expect punchi car sale to create miracles.

• Like 1

Because...

1. you keep the vehicle

lahipita is more effective in my experience

no machan................... i put an ad in last weekend lahipita........ by 2pm sunday the vehicle was sold.

only thing i reduce the price.

majority of the peopole want to get a pofit by selling their vehicle, which you cant do these days ( due to deflated yen, permits, higher bank rates...etc)

but dont forget that this has affected all the vehicles, so you sell your car at a low price, and get your next car at a low price too.....

Edited by priyanka

dont bother with places like that chances are they might cannibalize on your functioning items besides a person who will go check out a place like that will be a person who would also go through the papers and visit homes only difference is youll get less to your hand with a middleman doing what you need to do unless your cash strapped just put it on the papers and wait for it.

Avoid PK Niwasa. You will regret leaving your vehicle there even for 1 day. They swap batteries, suck the gas out, and God knows what else. The people who come there are nbot car buyers but kuddas and what nots who nick things off cars and teh staff are in on it as well.

They used to be good, when they first started, but as all things Sri Lankan, the guy got too big for his shoes and now is running a scam.

I talking through experince. Sell your car off the papers or leave it a a sale that you personally know the owner.

• Like 1

I don't recommend to keep the car in any place. There are so many alternatives available these days.

Like to see the the OPs ad in A/L, and what car you wanted to sell at what price?

no machan................... i put an ad in last weekend lahipita........ by 2pm sunday the vehicle was sold.

only thing i reduce the price.

majority of the peopole want to get a pofit by selling their vehicle, which you cant do these days ( due to deflated yen, permits, higher bank rates...etc)

but dont forget that this has affected all the vehicles, so you sell your car at a low price, and get your next car at a low price too.....

If you're selling a popular model, the easiest is the ##### and price it a tad lower than other similar cars.. don't sound too greedy and over price it. Drop 25k from the market price and it'll be gone by lunch time sunday.

If it's not a mainstream model you're better off with the AL classified because the advert will be around for much longer, hence more likely to be found by someone looking for the specific model.

Members,

Part exchanging first started by Salgado motor sales in Negambo far back 1940s.

Today there are people who has little extra undeclared funds starts, buying and selling motor vehicles. Due to high margin of profit.

PK Niwasa started and there are few thousands living on this industry. Must get a inventory and mark all pars can be changed from the sales point.

There is a leading importer in Colombo who imports few hundred vehicles for a month. before the tax hike.

Vehicles are send to outstation sales outlets belong to him. Drivers used to change batteries tries on the way if they find extra fuel also sold.

At last the said importer used a high wattage Electric SOLDERING IRON with a seal to melt all the tires and the battery.

Drain out all petrol give only for one trip. Every month he had different seal with the month. That was the end of that

They indulge in all sorts of activities to make few Rupees and cents, Some new mushroo unregistered car dealers also had got used to this habit.

This is Sri lanka integrity is not there among most of our citizens. Most people get up in the morning to whom to hoodwink.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

This is Sri lanka integrity is not there among most of our citizens. Most people get up in the morning to whom to hoodwink.

It's amazing that someone could talk about the integrity of Sri Lankans after the whole windshield polishing fiasco.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 3

Like everyone has said. You cant expect PK niwasa to magically sell your car. If you wanna sell it fast make sure you quote a decent price according to the current market value & make sure your car is worth for that price for the buyer.

The problem is some people quote absurd prices & then complain saying no one is coming to see my car.

You cant expect PK niwasa to magically sell your car.

But the "magic" is not in the selling (or not selling), it's when the "magicians" at PK Niwasa "transform" the parts or accesories on a car to something else or make the parts and accesories totally disappear with their "magic", that is the cause for concern.

• Like 2

I've seen most of the accessories in the cars at these places with little pieces missing or damaged. For example, oil stick with top plastic part broken. When they finally get their genuine buyer they will go on correcting these shortcomings, thus making the buyer believe that he is getting what he bargained for. This must be a part a of their "magic".

• Like 2

PK Niwasa been discussed and condemned to death on the forum. Do a search. I personally wouldn't recommend the place to anyone as the others have already pointed out because I live relatively close to the place and I have observed how many people step into the place on Sundays and picnic around the cars with their families, ruining the machines in the process.

• Like 1

PK Niwasa been discussed and condemned to death on the forum. Do a search. I personally wouldn't recommend the place to anyone as the others have already pointed out because I live relatively close to the place and I have observed how many people step into the place on Sundays and picnic around the cars with their families, ruining the machines in the process.

Davy,

Yes when you advertise can get prospective vehicle buyers to come to their sales room. I do not dispute your post.

Many financial institutions advertised got enough depositors to invest with them at high interests, later only they were all hoodwink.

Please apologize me for going from automobiles to finance to your post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Sylvi,

Can't you do something about your "Bombay looking Calcutta seeing" responses???????? :)

• Like 1

Members,

Part exchanging first started by Salgado motor sales in Negambo far back 1940s.

Today there are people who has little extra undeclared funds starts, buying and selling motor vehicles. Due to high margin of profit.

PK Niwasa started and there are few thousands living on this industry. Must get a inventory and mark all pars can be changed from the sales point.

There is a leading importer in Colombo who imports few hundred vehicles for a month. before the tax hike.

Vehicles are send to outstation sales outlets belong to him. Drivers used to change batteries tries on the way if they find extra fuel also sold.

At last the said importer used a high wattage Electric SOLDERING IRON with a seal to melt all the tires and the battery.

Drain out all petrol give only for one trip. Every month he had different seal with the month. That was the end of that

They indulge in all sorts of activities to make few Rupees and cents, Some new mushroo unregistered car dealers also had got used to this habit.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Keep your post to the topic !!!!!!! I think this is probably the thousandth time anybody has told you this. History lessons have their place and we gave you your own thread to share those experiences. But don't disrespect other members by distracting away from the topic.

Keep your post to the topic !!!!!!! I think this is probably the thousandth time anybody has told you this. History lessons have their place and we gave you your own thread to share those experiences. But don't disrespect other members by distracting away from the topic.

The moderator Don,

I always try to keep om to the topic without deviating. On to the topic. last post you pinpoint. Mentioned what I know. in automobile industry.

In the past and present. Because I am still active in the industry without dirtying my hands. most automobile engineers and very skill technicians.

have passed off leaving the past Knowledge what they had in industry without divulge to others. I did not do same.

My late farther. Gave all knowledge matter of years from 1914 he had gained in British Army as a Solder in 1 st world war.

later in Germany in Bosch factory. Inaugurating Bosch factory in India and Ceylon. With Germans. Later on his own in the same place I am in business.

Please treat this post as a reply to your post it is also not to the topic.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Can you please explain your post more.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi,

As I see it, on most of your responses to posts of fellow members you make it obvious that you have misunderstood/misconstrued the gist of that post and as a result you respond in an unrelated way, sometimes going way off the topic as well. May be careful reading and comprehending what exactly the post is all about would result in a more rational response in your posts, don't get me wrong but even the grammar and the way you put forward a point is rather confusing at times and that also could be a contributory factor to members marking you down. :)

• Like 1