• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cost Of Alloy And Uphostoey For Toyota Town Ace Cr 27

ellamulla

• 2 weeks later...
Machan where is this nimal fellow? Directions would be appreciated

Im not sure if i can post the business location of a vendor on this forum machan.. but simply go to the "Yakada Paalama" :) at Papiliyana and ask for Nimal who does upholstry.

To get to the yakada paalama from Nugegoda via Kohuwala Junction:

http://goo.gl/maps/eAkRm

Anyways I have PM'ed his phone no to you :)

Im not sure if i can post the business location of a vendor on this forum machan.. but simply go to the "Yakada Paalama" :) at Papiliyana and ask for Nimal who does upholstry.

You can recommend any trades person you have personally used and willing to recommend on the basis of a recommendation. Please PM me the details as well.

Thanks Master Don :)

I sent you a PM with the details .

I am known as just "The Don". Master Don is a different user.

And Komi, it turns out I know this Nimal fellow. His workshop is adjacent to the garage I told you about. I speak to him all the time when I'm there but believe me the man is quire busy. There is no shortage of customers!

Edited by The Don

I too can recommend Nimal... His work is pretty good and his prices are reasonable. Only problem is that he is very busy because he has a lot of customers. Milindu gets most of his work done there as well.

I too can recommend Nimal... His work is pretty good and his prices are reasonable. Only problem is that he is very busy because he has a lot of customers. Milindu gets most of his work done there as well.

Yeah tell me about it. But I think if you a book a date with him you can usually get stuff done. I'm surprised he's not raking it in with the number of customers he's got. Still looks like a small timer and only have around 2 assistants.

Is this in front of the Play ground? In between Pepiliyana and Gamsaba Junction (Pepiliyana Road)? If so I live quite close to his place.

Yeah tell me about it. But I think if you a book a date with him you can usually get stuff done. I'm surprised he's not raking it in with the number of customers he's got. Still looks like a small timer and only have around 2 assistants.

I believe he does that intentionally, he's a simple bloke really and quite happy to keep pottering along. He refuses to take on excess work because it compromises the quality of the work that he does. Quite admirable really.... His work is pretty good.183579_10150147878536060_4158471_n.jpg

182650_10150147878286060_5474977_n.jpg

This was the work he did on Devinda_zs ex Z.... Completely redid the seats, door panels and dash. As you can see, turned out rather well.

Was there a colour change involved or was it the same colour? just re upholstered? Does look pretty good. How did you get a good match of material?

Complete change of colour, basically reverted it to as close to stock as possible... It used to look like this

199859_4538521059_7843_n.jpg

The above had been done by a previous owner

Nimal managed to track down the closest possible match to the original fabric using his usual sources.

Edited by Supra_Natural

I see. I have a similar problem except I want to slightly move away from the stock interior colour, which is pinkish with a grey back. I don't want anything outlandish, but to be understated but sporty. The car is black, the interior carpert and hoot lining is grey, the dashboard is a very darkish grey and so are the door panels apart from the same material as the seats used for a stripe in the door panels. Any ideas.....?

Using Nimal is fairly straight forward for me because that is genuinely my usual garage.

I see. I have a similar problem except I want to slightly move away from the stock interior colour, which is pinkish with a grey back. I don't want anything outlandish, but to be understated but sporty. The car is black, the interior carpert and hoot lining is grey, the dashboard is a very darkish grey and so are the door panels apart from the same material as the seats used for a stripe in the door panels. Any ideas.....?

Using Nimal is fairly straight forward for me because that is genuinely my usual garage.

Since the car is black already why not go with black fabric? It should look rather nice...