• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hand Break And Battery Indicator Error

newone

Question

Hi Friends, Need help from you all... :)

My car is nissan march bk12 (cr14de) , 3 days ago I found out the battery and hand break indicator's does not turn off until I drive about 10-15 Km's. Battery is a new one which not more than 10 months old. And couldn't found any break issues. The car starts perfectly without any problem. Do you guys have any idea about this ? should I need to do a "scan" or something to identify the problem ?

Thank you..

8 answers to this question

Hi Friends, Need help from you all... :)

My car is nissan march bk12 (cr14de) , 3 days ago I found out the battery and hand break indicator's does not turn off until I drive about 10-15 Km's. Battery is a new one which not more than 10 months old. And couldn't found any break issues. The car starts perfectly without any problem. Do you guys have any idea about this ? should I need to do a "scan" or something to identify the problem ?

Thank you..

newone,

Ge to check your Alternator charging or not. When did you service the alternator.?

Re your hand brake indicator get a mechanic to check the wiring.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

newone,

Ge to check your Alternator charging or not. When did you service the alternator.?

Re your hand brake indicator get a mechanic to check the wiring.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

thanks..

I bought this on last October. Haven't done any alternator checks yet..

Did you check your brake oil level?

If the battery (charge) light comes on your battery a'int charging properly and soon you will have a dead battery. Get an auto electrician to check asap.

• Like 1

Did you check your brake oil level?

If the battery (charge) light comes on your battery a'int charging properly and soon you will have a dead battery. Get an auto electrician to check asap.

Yes CJ... I checked break oil levels.. Its good... thanks.. seems like electric problem...

Edited by newone

The march K12 (beetle) models show both the handbrake and battery light when the alternator is not working properly.

Check it must probably be the alternator brushes the replacement will cost only around Rs.1000 and can be done by an everyday mechanic.

Thanks mate... I thought it would be a costly repair... :) will check it...