• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

2 hours ago, asrock said:

This was aired on Live@8, half of the country knows about this now.

I think there is more to this story than what is shown here. At 0.01 you can see the driver side door of the Aqua closing. Maybe the car driver too said something to the bus. Both the car and the bus seem to be in the wrong lane as well (recording car is in the right turning lane).

Either way the bus idiots need to be hanged for their behavior.

Quote isn't working for some reason. That's a one way street obviously. But you're right, he had to have provoked the bus driver. It's always a pushing match between us and buses in the Fort and Maradana area, and so far I've never heard of anyone being attacked like that. Which is why I always say, road rage only if you can handle the repercussions.

Edited by terrabytetango

On 2016-07-27 at 1:32 AM, PreseaLover said:

let me know if you happen to find a good bat..

Ho! You talk like you're going to take the said bat and hunt them down one-shot style! But with your back can you even lift up a bat, let alone take a swing? :P

Edited by Kavvz

චන්ඩි පාට් දැමූ බස්රථ රියදුරාට හා කොන්දොස්තරට වැඩ වරදී!

දිගන කොළඹ බස්රථයක රියැදුරෙක් මෝටර් රථයක් හරස්කොට එහි රියැදුරාට පහරදීමට උත්සාහ කළ ආකාරය දැක්වෙන වීඩියෝවක් ඊයේ දිනය වනවිට අන්තර්ජාලය ඔස්සේ ජනප්‍රියත්වයට පත්ව තිබුණි. Sri Lankan Traffic Violations ෆේස්බුක් පිටුව මගින් මුල්වරට එම වීඩියෝව ෆේස්බුක් වෙත මුදාහැරීමෙන් අනතුරුව බොහෝ මාධ්‍ය එම සිදුවීමට ප්‍රචාරයක් ලබාදී තිබුනේ වැරදිකරුවන්ට නිසි දඬුවම් ලබාදෙන ලෙස ඉල්ලමිනි.

ඒ අනුව ඉතා කෙටි කලක් තුල ඒ පිලිබඳ පරීක්ෂණයක් පැවැත්වීමට ජාතික ගමනාගමන කොමිෂන් සභාව විසින් කටයුතු කොට තිබේ. ඒ අනුව රියදුරාට හා කොන්දොස්තොරවරයාට ජාතික ගමනාගමන කොමිෂන් සභාව විසින් ලබා දී තිබු බලපත්‍ර අවලංගු කොට තිබෙන අතර මින්පසුව රියදුරු හා කොන්දොස්තර දෙපලට අන්තර් පළාත් බස් සේවාවේ කිසිදු බස් රථයක සේවය කිරීමට නොහැක.

http://gossip.nethnews.lk/articles/3413

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Ho! You talk like you're going to take the said bat and hunt them down one-shot style! But with your back can you even lift up a bat, let alone take a swing? :P

I have anger management issues, so definitely at that time I might have a swing on them... if they hit me i cant his them back with my arms cuz it might cause my spine to be injured again.. thats why i need a bat :D... shape eke can take a swing from the bat...

Well if you have anger management issues the solution is not a bat; the solution is learning to control your anger so that you can act / react in a clam manner.

More importantly, I'm just messing with you so there is no need to send a white van white Presea to my residence... :P

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Well if you have anger management issues the solution is not a bat; the solution is learning to control your anger. As Sun Tzu said: "The greatest victory is that which requires no battle."

More importantly, I'm just messing with you so there is no need to send a white van white Presea to my residence... :P

wahahaa, don't worry, you're a good fellow autolankan so no white presea's will be sent to your place :P

On 7/29/2016 at 6:22 AM, Jor-el said:
චන්ඩි පාට් දැමූ බස්රථ රියදුරාට හා කොන්දොස්තරට වැඩ වරදී!

දිගන කොළඹ බස්රථයක රියැදුරෙක් මෝටර් රථයක් හරස්කොට එහි රියැදුරාට පහරදීමට උත්සාහ කළ ආකාරය දැක්වෙන වීඩියෝවක් ඊයේ දිනය වනවිට අන්තර්ජාලය ඔස්සේ ජනප්‍රියත්වයට පත්ව තිබුණි. Sri Lankan Traffic Violations ෆේස්බුක් පිටුව මගින් මුල්වරට එම වීඩියෝව ෆේස්බුක් වෙත මුදාහැරීමෙන් අනතුරුව බොහෝ මාධ්‍ය එම සිදුවීමට ප්‍රචාරයක් ලබාදී තිබුනේ වැරදිකරුවන්ට නිසි දඬුවම් ලබාදෙන ලෙස ඉල්ලමිනි.

ඒ අනුව ඉතා කෙටි කලක් තුල ඒ පිලිබඳ පරීක්ෂණයක් පැවැත්වීමට ජාතික ගමනාගමන කොමිෂන් සභාව විසින් කටයුතු කොට තිබේ. ඒ අනුව රියදුරාට හා කොන්දොස්තොරවරයාට ජාතික ගමනාගමන කොමිෂන් සභාව විසින් ලබා දී තිබු බලපත්‍ර අවලංගු කොට තිබෙන අතර මින්පසුව රියදුරු හා කොන්දොස්තර දෙපලට අන්තර් පළාත් බස් සේවාවේ කිසිදු බස් රථයක සේවය කිරීමට නොහැක.

http://gossip.nethnews.lk/articles/3413

Bus owner also should be punished due to employing idiots for public service.  Otherwise, he will freely employ another idiot for the same bus. 

1 hour ago, gayanath said:

Bus owner also should be punished due to employing idiots for public service.  Otherwise, he will freely employ another idiot for the same bus. 

Agree. But don`t think our laws are not that much smart.

6 hours ago, gayanath said:

5 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

Agree. But don`t think our laws are not that much smart.

No it doesn't work that way BECAUSE our laws are better / more well thought out than that! How can the employer beheld responsible for how his employees would act in any given situation? They are not acting in his best interest or his direction so how is it his / her fault? 

Its the driver and the conductors fault for being idiots / not respecting other road users and their rights; but that doesn't extend towards the owner by any means...

On 8/1/2016 at 6:07 PM, Kavvz said:

No it doesn't work that way BECAUSE our laws are better / more well thought out than that! How can the employer beheld responsible for how his employees would act in any given situation? They are not acting in his best interest or his direction so how is it his / her fault? 

Its the driver and the conductors fault for being idiots / not respecting other road users and their rights; but that doesn't extend towards the owner by any means...

@Kavvz

No you are completely wrong. You have no idea about the labour law.

According to the labor law, employer has responsible for the behaviors of the employee while employing under him. Same time the misbehavior is directly related to the employment as well. So the matter has well extended towards the owner of the bus. 

The only instant the employer could exempt from the case is, employer has to prove that, he has recruited him by proper evaluation process and given proper behavior base training to the employee. Then he could tell that I have taken all the measures to ensure the public wellness but this is a personal issue of the employee which I couldent identified earlier. Who (bus owner) can prove that? 

Edited by gayanath
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, gayanath said:

@Kavvz

No you are completely wrong. You have no idea about the labour law.

According to the labor law, employer has responsible for the behaviors of the employee while employing under him. Same time the misbehavior is directly related to the employment as well. So the matter has well extended towards the owner of the bus. 

The only instant the employer could exempt from the case is, employer has to prove that, he has recruited him by proper evaluation process and given proper behavior base training to the employee. Then he could tell that I have taken all the measures to ensure the public wellness but this is a personal issue of the employee which I couldent identified earlier. Who (bus owner) can prove that? 

That sounds quite abstract to me. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that by the very act of hiring someone to fulfil a job-role via the typical employment screening process (employee selection via the screening of candidates, the evaluation of prior experience as well as the typical instruction / on the job orientation / instructions as to what is expected of the employee; the employer fulfils the conditions you refer to (and I quote: "he has recruited him by proper evaluation process and given proper behavior base training to the employee").

So unless a job was offered in some sort of twisted freak occurrence without any evaluation or any training / orientation as to what behaviours are expected; I'm not convinced that the owner/employer would be open to legal litigation. But hey, if you say so and remain convinced that its otherwise, then so be it...

Edited by Kavvz

On 8/1/2016 at 8:41 PM, kusumsiri said:

Why ALTO loss power with altitude ?

Screenshot from 2016-08-01 20:30:40.png

A good solution for this is methane. If he is able to insert tubes into  the anuses of his passengers and ask them to break wind in unison and direct generated methane to the engine it will provide something close to a nitro boost. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, matroska said:

A good solution for this is methane. If he is able to insert tubes into  the anuses of his passengers and ask them to break wind in unison and direct generated methane to the engine it will provide something close to a nitro boost. 

wahahahaahaahahahaha I just cant..... :D how do come up with this shit man... the most hilarious shit I've read on AL :D 

6 hours ago, matroska said:

This remembered me of

On 02/08/2016 at 1:11 AM, kusumsiri said:

Why ALTO loss power with altitude ?

Screenshot from 2016-08-01 20:30:40.png

19 hours ago, bagUrE said:

Oh! Then just load an oxygen cylinder before heading towards Piduruthalagala.

17 hours ago, matroska said:

17 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

wahahahaahaahahahaha I just cant..... :D how do come up with this shit man... the most hilarious shit I've read on AL :D 

I'm not sure about Piduruthalagala, or the performance of the Alto in high altitudes (Who knows, "Alto" means "Up" in Italian, so maybe it just an indication of not to take it "Up" :P), but this gentleman is right about cars in general not being able to perform well at extremely high altitudes. I believe modern ECUs can deal with this to a certain extent though.

The Oxygen density is far less at 2500 meters above sea level. An ICE needs sufficient Oxygen to perform normally,

There was a Top Gear episode in which the trio was climbing a whopping 17,000 feet or something (twice as high as Piduruthalagala) and the engines were struggling to keep up + the presenters were struggling to breathe. Will try to find the clip on YouTube and post it here.

Edited by Davy
Added YouTube video

On 8/6/2016 at 5:47 AM, Davy said:

I'm not sure about Piduruthalagala, or the performance of the Alto in high altitudes (Who knows, "Alto" means "Up" in Italian, so maybe it just an indication of not to take it "Up" :P), but this gentleman is right about cars in general not being able to perform well at extremely high altitudes. I believe modern ECUs can deal with this to a certain extent though.

The Oxygen density is far less at 2500 meters above sea level. An ICE needs sufficient Oxygen to perform normally,

There was a Top Gear episode in which the trio was climbing a whopping 17,000 feet or something (twice as high as Piduruthalagala) and the engines were struggling to keep up + the presenters were struggling to breathe. Will try to find the clip on YouTube and post it here.

in theory yes. But I really don't think Pidurutalagala is that high up for it to be a factor  The more obvious reason being the alto being under powered for the task. 

42 minutes ago, matroska said:

in theory yes. But I really don't think Pidurutalagala is that high up for it to be a factor  The more obvious reason being the alto being under powered for the task. 

Yes. I too agree with you. Else it should apply for all other vehicles.

• MADZ locked this topic