• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Damn, such a long wait! :(

yes but this isnt the same GTA V i'm playing right now, it gets minor enhancements and add ons

"The gazillion-selling mega hit from Rockstar will be arriving on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 18, then later for the PC on January 27.

It will feature a range of major new visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos (and Trevor’s epic hangovers) look and feel even more immersive than before.

There are also new activities, weapons, vehicles, wildlife plus enhanced damage and weather effects. There is also the promise of denser traffic, which is sure to make rush hour a blast (in more ways than one). And there will be more radio stations, with over 100 additional new songs and mixes from returning DJs."

GTA V is an epic game.I got it on launch day last year.Played till my online character leveled to 128....Still play from time to time...Add me if you're playing on Playstation.

X_-MassterDon-_X

Will add you, im still in level 15 or something and pretty much everyone is trying to kill me! :D

Did you buy a house in online?

the would have been even better if they had stretched the stroymode a lil bit more maybe included some missions for Franklin to do with Grove Street

Edited by Magnum

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/light-up-paint-offers-radical--if-pricey--way-to-make-your-car-glow-181106695.html

http://vimeo.com/102641140

Back on the topic of games, I'm playing Watch Dogs these days. Good but doesn't come close to GTA. It's got only a limited set of cars and the handling is sh!t. The map is alright and the missions are fun though.

Edited by Davy

Im planning to build a gaming rig to play these games, would 100k be enough?

You'll need at least a Core i5 with 8Gb of RAM and something equivalent to a NVidia GTX 480 or GTX 570 or GTX 660. You're all set for a few more years if you go for a GTX 680 or better a GTX 770, but the prices are too high for your budget I guess.

The CPU alone will cost you about 25K, You can go for a socket 1150 board with either a Z87 or Z97 chipset which will cost at least 15K. A full ATX board with all the bells and whistles for gaming (ex SLI support) will cost you about 25K.

The graphics card will set you back another 25K - 30K minimum. You need 2 gigs of DDR5 video memory with at least 192 bit and importantly, DirectX 11 support. A GeForce GTX 660 is around 35K when I checked a few websites just now. Do a bit of digging online about the games you want to play and compare the graphics cards in the chart below (the vertical bar for the card you're buying should be between 250,000 - 300,000).

lineup.png

I have always been a NVidia fan, so I am not sure about what AMD Radeon has to offer. Their prices are probably less.

RAM: Regular RAM would work (Kingston Value RAM) but for better performance, you should go for high performance RAM. If you're going for 8GB, buy two sticks of 4GB RAM and plug them so that dual channel mode is activated. Not sure of RAM prices, but I guess 8 gigs will cost you close to 5K. Just a blind guess.

To power everything, you'll need a good 500w power supply which will cost you around 7K minimum. A regular casing will cost you around 3K - 4K I guess. A good CoolerMaster casing will be around 15K.

A 1TB hard disk drive goes for around 7K which will get the job done. You can go for an SSD for the OS drive if you have the cash to spare and it will definitely give you a huge performance boost that will come in handy when playing games. Their prices are really high though, you're looking at about 18K for a 120 gig SSD.

Other peripherals (keyboard, mouse, optical drive etc.) will be about 5K. If you've got a monitor already, then fine. Otherwise you'll have to spend about 20K on a FullHD (1920 x 1080) monitor.

I believe we have exceeded your budget even without the monitor. If you can stretch it a bit more, up to 120K, then you'll be all good.

Hope this helps.

Others, please correct me if I have over/under estimated anything. :)

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/light-up-paint-offers-radical--if-pricey--way-to-make-your-car-glow-181106695.html

http://vimeo.com/102641140

Back on the topic of games, I'm playing Watch Dogs these days. Good but doesn't come close to GTA. It's got only a limited set of cars and the handling is sh!t. The map is alright and the missions are fun though.

Are you playing on PC or console?

Im planning to build a gaming rig to play these games, would 100k be enough?
You'll need at least a Core i5 with 8Gb of RAM and something equivalent to a NVidia GTX 480 or GTX 570 or GTX 660. You're all set for a few more years if you go for a GTX 680 or better a GTX 770, but the prices are too high for your budget I guess.

The CPU alone will cost you about 25K, You can go for a socket 1150 board with either a Z87 or Z97 chipset which will cost at least 15K. A full ATX board with all the bells and whistles for gaming (ex SLI support) will cost you about 25K.

The graphics card will set you back another 25K - 30K minimum. You need 2 gigs of DDR5 video memory with at least 192 bit and importantly, DirectX 11 support. A GeForce GTX 660 is around 35K when I checked a few websites just now. Do a bit of digging online about the games you want to play and compare the graphics cards in the chart below (the vertical bar for the card you're buying should be between 250,000 - 300,000).

lineup.png

I have always been a NVidia fan, so I am not sure about what AMD Radeon has to offer. Their prices are probably less.

RAM: Regular RAM would work (Kingston Value RAM) but for better performance, you should go for high performance RAM. If you're going for 8GB, buy two sticks of 4GB RAM and plug them so that dual channel mode is activated. Not sure of RAM prices, but I guess 8 gigs will cost you close to 5K. Just a blind guess.

To power everything, you'll need a good 500w power supply which will cost you around 7K minimum. A regular casing will cost you around 3K - 4K I guess. A good CoolerMaster casing will be around 15K.

A 1TB hard disk drive goes for around 7K which will get the job done. You can go for an SSD for the OS drive if you have the cash to spare and it will definitely give you a huge performance boost that will come in handy when playing games. Their prices are really high though, you're looking at about 18K for a 120 gig SSD.

Other peripherals (keyboard, mouse, optical drive etc.) will be about 5K. If you've got a monitor already, then fine. Otherwise you'll have to spend about 20K on a FullHD (1920 x 1080) monitor.

I believe we have exceeded your budget even without the monitor. If you can stretch it a bit more, up to 120K, then you'll be all good.

Hope this helps.

Others, please correct me if I have over/under estimated anything. :)

Um sorry to interput but you are pretty off with most of the stuff you said :)

1) i5 is good for overall performance but not a must

2) you cannot buy a z87 or z97 motherboard for 15k, minimum would be 25k. But then again you dont need a z series mother board at all unless one plans to overclock (for which you need a k series processor and that will set you back 34k minimum). a b85 will do fine unless he plans to overclock, but with this budget overclocking is out of the equation.

3) dont buy value ram their timing is low, they are ok for daily usage but not for gaming.

4) you do not need 8gb of ram, 4 gb will do fine for now unless he plans to use it for memeory heavy uses such as video editing or photo editing.

5) Do not use a ram kit (dual channel), the gains of dual channel is at around 5-8% more than of a single stick and right now the cost difference is around 2-3k. for a performanace gain of 5% this additional amount is not worth it at all. why most people buy kits is becasue they look good in pairs for casing with side pannels.

5) Buying an nvidia card makes no sense with the current generation, the R9 series cards in the mid range packs much better bang for the buck.

For 120k my reccomendation is the following build (without monitor);

Intel Core i5 4590 - 27.5K

MSI B85-G43 Gaming - 16K or GIgabyte G1 Sniper B5 Gaming - 14.5K

Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL11 - 13.5K

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X OC 2GB GDDR5 - 32K

Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200RPM - 8.5K

ANTEC GX500 - 7.5K

FSP Raider 650W 80+ Silver - 12K

Total - 115.5K - 117K

Oh and FYI my reccomendation is not to buy componenets from places other than Redline (MC) or Eglobe (infront of MC), all the unity plaza joints will try to rip you off and you will have a horrid time getting warranty. The 2 i mentioned have a good track record when it comes to warranty claims and replacements.

If you need more reccomendations please post in gamer.lk, people from redline and egs are there who might give you an even better deal.

Also you do have the option of buying certain parts like the GPU 2nd hand if you are on a tight budget.

Edited by The Stig

PC. Should consider buying an XBox/PS (when I collect some money).

Is there anything to do after you're done with the missions? and they say the graphics are better than GTA V

im not sure if i should buy watch dogs or GT6, i know they are two different genre of games but i got money only for one :P

2) you cannot buy a z87 or z97 motherboard for 15k, minimum would be 25k. But then again you dont need a z series mother board at all unless one plans to overclock (for which you need a k series processor and that will set you back 34k minimum). a b85 will do fine unless he plans to overclock, but with this budget overclocking is out of the equation.

3) dont buy value ram their timing is low, they are ok for daily usage but not for gaming.

4) you do not need 8gb of ram, 4 gb will do fine for now unless he plans to use it for memeory heavy uses such as video editing or photo editing.

5) Do not use a ram kit (dual channel), the gains of dual channel is at around 5-8% more than of a single stick and right now the cost difference is around 2-3k. for a performanace gain of 5% this additional amount is not worth it at all. why most people buy kits is becasue they look good in pairs for casing with side pannels.

5) Buying an nvidia card makes no sense with the current generation, the R9 series cards in the mid range packs much better bang for the buck.

For 120k my reccomendation is the following build (without monitor);

Intel Core i5 4590 - 27.5K

MSI B85-G43 Gaming - 16K or GIgabyte G1 Sniper B5 Gaming - 14.5K

Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL11 - 13.5K

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X OC 2GB GDDR5 - 32K

Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200RPM - 8.5K

ANTEC GX500 - 7.5K

FSP Raider 650W 80+ Silver - 12K

Total - 115.5K - 117K

Oh and FYI my reccomendation is not to buy componenets from places other than Redline (MC) or Eglobe (infront of MC), all the unity plaza joints will try to rip you off and you will have a horrid time getting warranty. The 2 i mentioned have a good track record when it comes to warranty claims and replacements.

If you need more reccomendations please post in gamer.lk, people from redline and egs are there who might give you an even better deal.

Also you do have the option of buying certain parts like the GPU 2nd hand if you are on a tight budget.

or just buy a PS4 :D

Is there anything to do after you're done with the missions? and they say the graphics are better than GTA V

im not sure if i should buy watch dogs or GT6, i know they are two different genre of games but i got money only for one :P

Yeah but a PC will provide much better graphics plus it will be more flexible since you can use it for many other purposes (entertainment, work etc)

Thanks for the in-depth information Davy and Stig, really appreciate it. I have a casing with 500W PSU, keyboard, mouse, 500GB SATA HDD and a LED monitor lying around so think those won’t be really necessary, and I donot have any intentions of overclocking or graphic/video editing. So I might just get away with 100k :) I will look at the places you mentioned Stig, thanks a lot!

i loved watch dogs handling is shit indeed. loved all the gang busting missions :D

1. Agreed.

2. The B85 chipset totally slipped my mind. Good suggestion. The B85-PRO GAMER board by Asus also seems to be good.

3. I have never used RAM other than Value RAM. Sticking to a good bus speed like 1866 will do the trick IMO. HyperX is over twice as more expensive.

4. I'm afraid I cannot agree on this one. Open your Task Manager and load Watch Dogs and you will see your RAM utilization cross the 4GB border in about 30 seconds. This is of course not to say that the game cannot be run on 4 gigs, it should run but loading and the overall performance will be drastically low.

5. Got a KVR 8 gig stick initially and opted for two 4 gig sticks (dual channel) on my PC and the difference was quite noticeable.

6. Yup, as I have mentioned in my original post, I am not familiar with what AMD has to offer. Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, the better option for a hard drive would be the Western Digital BLACK and not the BLUE. Not sure about the price difference though. Got to agree with the two suggestions you've given on the shops. My recommendation would be RedLine, but I do not have experience with Eglobe. Shops in Unity suck and I cannot count the number of times I have had trouble claiming warranty on stuff.

I haven't really finished the missions yet although you can pretty much do most of the stuff done in GTA (plus more like hacking into stuff). Not much of a track racing guy (although a hardcore Rally fan), so I'd go with Watch Dogs if I were you. Just my opinion.

Yeah but a PC will provide much better graphics plus it will be more flexible since you can use it for many other purposes (entertainment, work etc)

Plus, all the games are free! ;)

PC. Should consider buying an XBox/PS (when I collect some money).

I guess PS4 would be a better option than XBox One. XBox only has 720P right?

Also i'm not sure if pro gamer pc's like Alienware X51 or Aurora is better than a PS4? Not assembled PCs. Never seen a Alienware for real but configs looks very tempting except for the price tag of $1500.. :sad-smiley-067: (http://www.alienware.com/Landings/desktops.aspx)

• Intel® Core™ i7 4 and 6 core Processors
  • OS Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit
  • Graphics Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 graphics with 6GB​ ​
  • Liquid cooling unit & optional ALX chassis with active venting

PS - Not sure why, when i assemble my own PC no matter what config i have i performs well only for couple of weeks after formatting and re-install. After that it slows down. Again when you format and install it performs well.. :speechless-smiley-004:

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

1. Agreed.

2. The B85 chipset totally slipped my mind. Good suggestion. The B85-PRO GAMER board by Asus also seems to be good.

3. I have never used RAM other than Value RAM. Sticking to a good bus speed like 1866 will do the trick IMO. HyperX is over twice as more expensive.

4. I'm afraid I cannot agree on this one. Open your Task Manager and load Watch Dogs and you will see your RAM utilization cross the 4GB border in about 30 seconds. This is of course not to say that the game cannot be run on 4 gigs, it should run but loading and the overall performance will be drastically low.

5. Got a KVR 8 gig stick initially and opted for two 4 gig sticks (dual channel) on my PC and the difference was quite noticeable.

6. Yup, as I have mentioned in my original post, I am not familiar with what AMD has to offer. Thanks for pointing that out.

Also, the better option for a hard drive would be the Western Digital BLACK and not the BLUE. Not sure about the price difference though. Got to agree with the two suggestions you've given on the shops. My recommendation would be RedLine, but I do not have experience with Eglobe. Shops in Unity suck and I cannot count the number of times I have had trouble claiming warranty on stuff.

3) you can overclock the ram frequency but you can only alter the ram timing slightly (CL rating)

4) Watchdogs is an infamously unoptimized game, http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/26qtec/watch_dog_memory_leak/

5) http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1349-ram-how-dual-channel-works-vs-single-channel/Page-3?showall=

Yeah but can Magnum play GT6 on PC? ...nope!...or Uncharted,Forza,Metal Gear Solid,Gears of war.Halo.Resistance and lots of other legendary games?...Hell as of now he can't even play GTA V on it..

This whole PC v Console argument is retarded.I have both and I enjoy both...Choose what suits your gaming needs.End of Story!

Oh and I can vouch for Redline Technologies too...They're good guys and not like those typical Unity Plaza bastards.

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Oh and I can vouch for Redline Technologies too...They're good guys and not like those typical Unity Plaza bastards.

Ohh yeah..!! I had my worst nightmare with Barcleys Computers. i had a Intel mother board with 3yr warranty which only last for 1 yr. When i went back to them they said the motherboard will be sent back to the factory and will repair. So i waited for more than a month for them to return the repair motherboard. I had to follow up with them day by day after 1 month mark and they became so unhelpful and rude. Finally when i got the motherboard back after repair it last for 2 days..!! By that time i bought a cheap Foxconn motherboard temporary but for god sake it worked more than 5 yrs...!!

I guess if we start a topic on "Unity Plaza bastards" this thread will go pages and pages... :speechless-smiley-004: Another thing i would like to suggest is we should not rely on these guaranties right? BCos no one can wait for months until their part get repaired right?

KMeeg.

3) you can overclock the ram frequency but you can only alter the ram timing slightly (CL rating)

4) Watchdogs is an infamously unoptimized game, http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/26qtec/watch_dog_memory_leak/

5) http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1349-ram-how-dual-channel-works-vs-single-channel/Page-3?showall=

3. Since overclocking is out of the question here, I believe this doesn't matter anyway.

4. About Watch Dogs, yes even I experienced stutter when I initially ran the game and after about 30 minutes of driving around the city. After some looking around on the net, I found this same issue you've pointed out and there are workarounds for it such as increasing the size of the page file. Worked for me. The memory usage doesn't go beyond 6 gigs even after hours of playing and most importantly, there is no stutter.

If we leave Watch Dogs alone and consider the fact that GTA V will be out soon, I highly doubt 4 gigs will be enough although system requirements has not been announced yet. Same story with Far Cry 4.

5. If the sole purpose of buying the PC is for gaming, then you're right. My view was that the performance gain would outweigh the few extra thousand bucks spent on RAM. But my experience was totally different when I switched RAM. I should try re-installing my RAM on the same channel to see if there is a difference.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kmeeg" data-cid="266181" data-time="1410718756"><p>

<br />

Ohh yeah..!! I had my worst nightmare with Barcleys Computers. i had a Intel mother board with 3yr warranty which only last for 1 yr. When i went back to them they said the motherboard will be sent back to the factory and will repair. So i waited for more than a month for them to return the repair motherboard. I had to follow up with them day by day after 1 month mark and they became so unhelpful and rude. Finally when i got the motherboard back after repair it last for 2 days..!! By that time i bought a cheap Foxconn motherboard temporary but for god sake it worked more than 5 yrs...!!<br />

<br />

I guess if we start a topic on "Unity Plaza bastards" this thread will go pages and pages... :speechless-smiley-004: Another thing i would like to suggest is we should not rely on these guaranties right? BCos no one can wait for months until their part get repaired right?<br />

<br />

KMeeg.</p></blockquote>

Yeah that's difference about the 2 places I mentioned. My friends monitor bought from redline went kaput, we'll they gave a temporary monitor until the problem was solved. Same story with Eglobe, much smaller joint but Rajiv (owner) is a well known and respected guy in the industry.

• MADZ locked this topic