• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Why "doctor owned"?

I actually saw an ad that said "previous owner doctor. Now lady driven"

My god the creativity.

I once saw "Lovely first owner"

I'll be damned if the first owner was a male.

• Like 1

"Ninda Nethi Reye, Sanda Kandulu Meedume...."

What a difference between old version and new version ?

Both composed by Mr.Gunadasa Kapuge.

He himself identified the failure of old version and later re-composed the new version which is superb :music-smiley-019: .

Listen to the old version. :speechless-smiley-004:

http://www.ananmanan.lk/free-sinhala-mp3/song/3289/ninda-nathi-raye-old-version-gunadasa-kapuge-sinhala-mp3.html

And the most expensive Toyota ever sold back in the day (hence it's rarity!) The drop-top was even a Bond car!

Yes it is very very rare....I thought i read somewhere that they only made the drop top for the Bond movie and it was never part of the standard production run.

Seen three in my life..one at the Toyota MegaWeb and two at the Fujisubo outlet in Fukuoka and these two cars were still taking part in specialty road races. Not sure how accurate it is but the Fujitsubo guy said one was nearly 2mil because it was a race winner (and no the guy was not willing to let go of it ever) and usually a good condition running unit like the second one he had trades for about 900K+ at auction...and this is DOLLARS !

and yes I did get him to start the engine...but never got a ride :(

EDIT: So did some reading some facts:

Only 339 were made during the 4 year production run

The 2000GT never came in a a drop-top. Apparently a targa version was proposed but plans were dropped. Toyota "modified" 2 2000GTs for the James Bond movie (You only live twice) apparently because Sean Connery was too tall for it. Later on some cars were apparently modified by tuners.

Price wise..they are definitely 6 figures. One that is in good shape with original Toyota parts going towards the upper end of the spectrum whilst the average ones seems to have been traded around the 1/2 mil mark. Ones with "racing heritage"/history go for upwards of 1mil (so the Fujitsubo guy's racers could go up to what he claimed but seems like the price is more reflective of sentimentality and not wanting to get rid of it)

Needless to say not many get traded and for most the price seems to be "unmentioned"...one was sold at auction in 2013 for 1.15mil and another one for 650K on ebay in 2011/2012....apart form that several seem to have popped up before that in not very good shape and sold for an average of 300K. Most

post-51257-0-27331100-1396971808_thumb.j

Edited by iRage

Nice !

and then there is the CR-Z Eco-Hatchi race from a few years ago...The Eco-hatchi is a Tec-art tuning package where they overhaul the engine to reduce friction, etc, replace pulleys and alternator and stuff with light weight stuff and re-program the ECU to be more "eco" friendly. The wholepackage costs around 600000yen+...it is a little boring and very very quiet though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RFFTOsfVBH0

Edited by iRage

Nice !

and then there is the CR-Z Eco-Hatchi race from a few years ago...The Eco-hatchi is a Tec-art tuning package where they overhaul the engine to reduce friction, etc, replace pulleys and alternator and stuff with light weight stuff and re-program the ECU to be more "eco" friendly. The wholepackage costs around 600000yen+...it is a little boring and very very quiet though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RFFTOsfVBH0

I saw that video too. I found it odd that the 6MT CRZ (standard-not the Modulo) finished in 5th place. The Modulo seems a decent car.

That Levin was awesome!

Edited by Jaliya48

We generally avoid places men. Much safer and cheaper and easier to drink at home. Once in a while tho, there are some good places:

Lion pub: my favourite watering hole

The boat Haüs: on the beach. Awesome place

Mount grill: decent

Barracuda: good food but overpriced and dengue is given FOC

Stations: a bit dodgy but ok

Steam boat: food is meh. Great locale tho

We generally avoid places men. Much safer and cheaper and easier to drink at home. Once in a while tho, there are some good places:

OTSC komi. ;)

Lion Pub was really good those days. The prices there have gone up still the Hot Butter Cuttle Fish was to die for those days.

There was a place called Hello Machang on top of the no limit building in Mount Lavinia. You have to take your own booze. No corkage. Was a great place until they closed.

Now we normally visit goodies kitchen on Templars Road.

Also Mount Restaurant and Pub was a great place about 2 years ago (Had a great Cheese Omlette, the best I have had up to date), but due to constant management changes the standard has dropped drastically. Never tried the The boat Haüs. Will check it out definitely.

• MADZ locked this topic