• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

There's one of these with the Dias-bandaranaikes down hotel road in mount. Parked outside on the road half the time. But man oh man what I would do with her if i had her. She's with the original spec v8 also.

Its the one with square lights isn't it?

So the Carina on your pic is a conversion ?? NICE....have you dropped in a Silver top or a Black top ? 6 M/T ? 5 M/T ?

As far as I have heard, the 4A-GE comes with Black top, Blue top & Red top only? Out of these, the Blue top is the rarest in SL.

Isn't this dash a bit distraction?? mean love the gadget but that's a bit too much info if you ask me

It is indeed. but it does make life a bit easier and dangerous at the same time

One day during his visit to London, King Jai Singh was walking in casual dress in Bond Street. He saw a Rolls Royce showroom and went inside to inquire about the Price and Features etc of their cars.

Considering him a just another Poor Indian citizen, showroom salesmen insulted him and almost showed him the way out of the showroom. After this insult, King Jai Singh came back to his Hotel room and asked his servants to call the showroom that King of Alwar city is interested in purchasing their few Cars.

After few hours King reached the Rolls Royce showroom again but with his full astonishing royal manner and in his royal costume. Until he reached the showroom there was already red carpet on the floor and all the salesmen were bent with respect. The King purchased all the six cars that they had at showroom at that time and paid full amount with delivery costs.

After reaching India, King ordered municipal department to use all those six Rolls Royce cars for cleaning and transporting city’s waste. World’s number one Rolls Royce cars were being used for transportation of City’s waste, the news spread all over the world rapidly and the reputation of Rolls Royce Company was in drains.

Whenever someone used to boast in Europe or America that he owned a Rolls Royce, people used to laugh saying, “which one? The same that is used in India for carrying the waste of the City?”

Due to such reputation damages, sales of Rolls Royce dropped rapidly and revenue of company owners started falling down. Then they sent a Telegram to the king in India for apologies and requested to stop transportation of waste in Rolls Royce cars. Not only this but they also offered Six new cars to king free of cost.

When King Jai Singh observed that Rolls Royce has learnt a lesson and they are sorry for their mistakes, king stopped using those cars for carrying wastes.

Last night I was driving to Kelaniya Temple and stuck with traffic jam about one hour due to a ‘perahera’.

Suddenly my wife shouted “See…. they are going to do something”.

Instantly someone cracked a firework , close to fuel tank opening of my vehicle. (Less than 2 feet distance)

We were shocked. ..What a bad experience???…. My vehicle totally covered from sparks from all four sides. I couldn’t get down from the vehicle for about 20 seconds as sparking was continuous . When I get down from the vehicle, those teenagers were missing and people ware also shocked.

This firework cracked not more than two feet away from my vehicle fuel tank opening.

In case if fire caught my vehicle, who will sufferer?????

Today morning I washed the car. No harm to the metal parts, but see what happened to plastic parts.

6odv.jpg

gf2i.jpg

My request is never ever crack fireworks on roads specially near to the vehicles.

Never let other people to do as well.

It is dangerous…really dangerous…..

If somebody read this and know who the people were did this, please pass this message to them.

Thanks,

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

At the risk of sounding like an old fart, I think the generation of unruly spoilt brats have grown up to their teens now. It wasn't long ago that we played with fire crackers, but we had the respect (read; fear of getting a whoopin' from parents if caught) not to vandalise other people's properties.

Sorry to hear about this Sampath.

That's a shame, Sampath! My neighbour's kids light crackers on New Year's eve and in 2012/2013 one sky rocket went astray and landed on my CE106V's car cover. (the poor girl is parked outside and is covered with a weather-resistant car cover; no garage space!) Obviously when morning came, there were sizable chunks missing from the car cover and the white car surfaces were charred. Thankfully for those brats, the car wasn't harmed and the charred marks were washed away. The cover however had to be repaired.

That's a shame, Sampath! My neighbour's kids light crackers on New Year's eve and in 2012/2013 one sky rocket went astray and landed on my CE106V's car cover. (the poor girl is parked outside and is covered with a weather-resistant car cover; no garage space!) Obviously when morning came, there were sizable chunks missing from the car cover and the white car surfaces were charred. Thankfully for those brats, the car wasn't harmed and the charred marks were washed away. The cover however had to be repaired.

Please tell me you went inside your neighbors house and went completely mad

Last night I was driving to Kelaniya Temple and stuck with traffic jam about one hour due to a ‘perahera’.

Suddenly my wife shouted “See…. they are going to do something”.

Instantly someone cracked a firework , close to fuel tank opening of my vehicle. (Less than 2 feet distance)

We were shocked. ..What a bad experience???…. My vehicle totally covered from sparks from all four sides. I couldn’t get down from the vehicle for about 20 seconds as sparking was continuous . When I get down from the vehicle, those teenagers were missing and people ware also shocked.

This firework cracked not more than two feet away from my vehicle fuel tank opening.

In case if fire caught my vehicle, who will sufferer?????

Today morning I washed the car. No harm to the metal parts, but see what happened to plastic parts.

6odv.jpg

gf2i.jpg

My request is never ever crack fireworks on roads specially near to the vehicles.

Never let other people to do as well.

It is dangerous…really dangerous…..

If somebody read this and know who the people were did this, please pass this message to them.

Thanks,

Sorry to hear that Sampath. Why does kids these days are so selfish? Most of them only thinks about their fun and dont think about the damage they cause to other people. Last year on 31st eve I saw few kids lighting huge lumps of fire crackers down at Alfred place, col 03, but they were stopping vehicles coming down from either side before they light them up. Still it was very inconvenient for the drivers and also the neighbours down that lane. Few vehicles even tried to run them buggers down with the fire crackers. I think they light up Rs. 50,000/= + worth of fire crackers that day.

Sorry to hear that Sampath. Why does kids these days are so selfish? Most of them only thinks about their fun and dont think about the damage they cause to other people. Last year on 31st eve I saw few kids lighting huge lumps of fire crackers down at Alfred place, col 03, but they were stopping vehicles coming down from either side before they light them up. Still it was very inconvenient for the drivers and also the neighbours down that lane. Few vehicles even tried to run them buggers down with the fire crackers. I think they light up Rs. 50,000/= + worth of fire crackers that day.

because in Sri lanka you aren't taught about ethical behavior which is why we have plenty of morons on the road.

The younger generation also dont seem be any different when you consider the things we read/watch in the news

At least they were over 16 years old....but lack of common sense

I drive very carefully and already 35,000km completed (about 45km daily) and still my bumpers are almost in brand new condition. Sad this unfortunate incident removed few dots of paint on rear bumper. Now it melted and plastic can be seen.

By the way, can I do something to recover the damaged plastic plate in between bonnet and the front windscreen? (Photo 1) or should I simply forget it?

At least they were over 16 years old....but lack of common sense

I drive very carefully and already 35,000km completed (about 45km daily) and still my bumpers are almost in brand new condition. Sad this unfortunate incident removed few dots of paint on rear bumper. Now it melted and plastic can be seen.

By the way, can I do something to recover the damaged plastic plate in between bonnet and the front windscreen? (Photo 1) or should I simply forget it?

Super cut usually fixes many things

Quoting Japanese Nostalgic Cars group "40 Years of CALTY design, from A40 Celica to FT-1 concept".

Is it just me or does the Japanese chick in the Celica picture the same in the FT-1 pic ? There might be a few more from the same group I suppose..but the biggest question is...why did the mustaches disappear ?

r9la.jpg

• Like 1

• MADZ locked this topic