• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

You and me both! My friends think I'm a nutcase when I point out vintage JDM cars on the road here...If only they knew how cool they really are!

Once i saw this gen. Carina in a movie, it had a sunroof

Indika has two of these. Bodies are in excellent condition both recently tinkered and painted. Would that i could take one and drop a 1jz in there...

I doubt it, you rejected the SR20 idea for your 510 :P

Currently working on my own Carina AT210 GT....mechanics all done with a almost new 4A-GE, yet to finish the paint work :D

So the Carina on your pic is a conversion ?? NICE....have you dropped in a Silver top or a Black top ? 6 M/T ? 5 M/T ?

You and me both! My friends think I'm a nutcase when I point out vintage JDM cars on the road here...If only they knew how cool they really are!

Danna pahak. Same here. there something about late 70's and 80's JDM cars that just makes u go nuts over them

saw a brown A60 series Carina (same box light model as magnum posted) with Work Equip wheels, slightly flared black wheel arches and dropped a few inches.. I couldnt take my eyes off it. but stupid me forgot to take my phone out

• Like 1

Danna pahak. Same here. there something about late 70's and 80's JDM cars that just makes u go nuts over them

saw a brown A60 series Carina (same box light model as magnum posted) with Work Equip wheels, slightly flared black wheel arches and dropped a few inches.. I couldnt take my eyes off it. but stupid me forgot to take my phone out

Here in Sri Lanka? no!!

Here in Sri Lanka? no!!

i was jaw dropped.

but it was dropped, not slammed to the ground like they do in japan.

the car was in very good nick expect for a missing tail light. seriously i regret not taking my phone today :(

So the Carina on your pic is a conversion ?? NICE....have you dropped in a Silver top or a Black top ? 6 M/T ? 5 M/T ?

No no...it ain't a conversion...it started life as a 1996 Carina GT AT210 with a 4A-GE Blacktop....along the way some owner changed the lights, bumpers n shell to a 1999-2000 model.

the engine before was knackered so found a new one...it still has a 5speed tanny on-board....Will put the thread and explanations on soon

Was this in Kandy or Colombo? Too bad about not snapping a photo!

I saw my ol' girl's long lost older sister yesterday! A beautiful 15SRI 1.5DX which looks EXACTLY like mine! Original wheels with the correct wheel caps (black with silver accents), beautifully kept body and a relatively clean interior. I was on the road so I couldn't snap a photo as well :sad-smiley-066: Would've loved to have a chat with the owner.

Was this in Kandy or Colombo? Too bad about not snapping a photo!

I saw my ol' girl's long lost older sister yesterday! A beautiful 15SRI 1.5DX which looks EXACTLY like mine! Original wheels with the correct wheel caps (black with silver accents), beautifully kept body and a relatively clean interior. I was on the road so I couldn't snap a photo as well :sad-smiley-066: Would've loved to have a chat with the owner.

Kandy bro.

saw it parked near singer mega Brown car, Goldish yellow work equip (maybe something similar) rims

not just this, there are a few JDM classics like this around kandy.

4kQu0B0.jpg

also starting to pop up few original condition 2 door KE20,30 and stuff

Pic stolen from fb -

:o That thing looks brand new!

I came across this gray Nissan B122 truck (single cab) when I was at the garage recently. And it was restored to perfection! Will share a few pics when I get home today.

Here's the Nissan B122 I was talking about...

9v16.jpg

nz5q.jpg

xhnn.jpg

tsdv.jpg

0wux.jpg

w4hf.jpg

0bz7.jpg

Edit:

Some stuff I noticed and got to know were that the engine was ported and performance tuned. It has a performance exhaust with a great exhaust note! An aftermarket AC has also been installed. Has an in-dash 7 inch touch screen DVD player and a security system (not sure if it has central locking though).

Edited by Davy
  • Like 3

:o That thing looks brand new!

I came across this gray Nissan B122 truck (single cab) when I was at the garage recently. And it was restored to perfection! Will share a few pics when I get home today.

Yeap, as magnum said it is still first owner.

and Damn thats nice. not a big fan of the headlights but its really really nice (y)

• MADZ locked this topic