• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Well the guy is from south asia and uses basic tools! so

That doesnt justify his bad taste. watch the tv series and see his ego. and how he thinks that he is the best designer in the world. He rapes classics

• Like 1

Not an excuse, for mucking up some very nice looking cars. I posted links to the episode where he hacked up that roadworthy Porsche; and despite it being a relatively unpopular 944 (relatively speaking, as I'd snap one up in a heartbeat) it'd have been better served just restoring the darn thing, or even simply stripping it of rust and repainting it, instead of chopping it up as in .

But yeah, I grudgingly have to agree with you: The bugger has a lot of fun doing what he does, and at the end of the day: Who am I to judge?

I agree with you on the first bit, he shouldn't use rare cars

lol..

Robbed while watching ‘Raja Horu’
Sunday, 22 December 2013 18:33
emailButton.png printButton.png
wos.jpgA man who had taken two women to watch the movie ‘Raja Horu’ at a cinema in Kalutara had robbed them of their money and jewellery after lacing their soft drinks.

Police revealed that the victims were two women aged 48 and 50. Each of the women had a relationship with the man they had become acquainted with at the Department of Immigration and Emigration.

They had come to the cinema on a telephone invitation received from him. During the interval he had given them soft drinks, after which they had become inebriated. The cinema workers had subsequently found the two of them in a stupor in their seats.

Police who later arrived at the scene had taken them to the Nagoda Hospital. The two women had made the police complaint on their return from hospital, after recovery. (Sunil Tantriaarachchi)

That doesnt justify his bad taste. watch the tv series and see his ego. and how he thinks that he is the best designer in the world. He rapes classics

I only watched one of his episode, where he makes car bangladesh motor show

I only watched one of his episode, where he makes car bangladesh motor show

The Brit got him over to London to a better equipped garage for a couple more seasons. The one you saw was "Bangala Bangers" the new show in London was called "Chop Shop Garage London" (I may have messed up the names a bit) I remember someone here linking his facbook page. They guy is back in Bangladesh. TBH what he did/does in his home town are much better compared to what he did in London. The include a stretched limo and a Hummer look-a-like.

Any actually good car mod shows you guys know of?

I've watched a bit of these

Street Customs - West Coast Customs show. Mostly cosmetic mods but they do some unique and beautiful cars.

Car Warriors - Some neat and crazy builds. The premise is based on a 72 hour deadline. The show doesn't really go into detail about the build but more focused on the clock and the ensuing drama. But still a nice show.

Fast N' Loud - The host is a bit annoying but they do come across some nice cars.

Wheeler Dealers - Less dramatic but some nice classics are involved

Counting Cars - Not that good. too much is focused on the business side.

Any recommendations to kill some time?

The Brit got him over to London to a better equipped garage for a couple more seasons. The one you saw was "Bangala Bangers" the new show in London was called "Chop Shop Garage London" (I may have messed up the names a bit) I remember someone here linking his facbook page. They guy is back in Bangladesh. TBH what he did/does in his home town are much better compared to what he did in London. The include a stretched limo and a Hummer look-a-like.

Street Customs - West Coast Customs show. Mostly cosmetic mods but they do some unique and beautiful cars.

Car Warriors - Some neat and crazy builds. The premise is based on a 72 hour deadline. The show doesn't really go into detail about the build but more focused on the clock and the ensuing drama. But still a nice show.

Fast N' Loud - The host is a bit annoying but they do come across some nice cars.

Here's the guy's real facebook account

https://www.facebook.com/leepuDesign?fref=ts

i think he's in US now

Watch them all except car warriors . Wheeler Dealer is the best for me, and agreed with all the description XD

also i recomend Overhaulin' and Desert car king. There was another show i've forgotten its name

• Like 1

Watch them all except car warriors . Wheeler Dealer is the best for me, and agreed with all the description XD

also i recomend Overhaulin' and Desert car king. There was another show i've forgotten its name

Thanks mate..will be sure to check them out. When you get hooked on a series, you do a marathon of episodes and run out of things to watch in a matter of days. I remember Overhaulin' vaguely but the other one is news to me.

Car Warriors has a team of "All star" fabricators, painters and mechanics etc who go against a new team of challengers each week. Each team is given cars of same model and similar condition to design and build an over-the-top custom car within 72 hours. A couple of posts ago in this thread I posted a VW bug they did one time which is my pick of the lot.

Might I also suggest:

- Fantomworks ? <Fantom something> Not very technical but deals with the business of restoring american muscle cars where money doesn't seem to an objection

- Chasing Classic Cars : An interesting showcasing of extremely rare classics and the world of classic car auctions.. Hosted by Wayne Carini.

- Classic Car Club : Again show cases British (and Euro) classics...hosted by Penny Mallory and Tony Mason with Ed China

- Wrecks to Riches : Mainly American restorations....

- American Hot Rod : The series stopped after Boyd Coddington's death so the series is somewhat old.An awesome look in to B.C.'s work at his shop...

- CAR S.O.S : Deals with simple classic/modern classic car restoration belonging to every day people. It is hosted by oneof the dudes who used to present Fifth Gear

Thanks mate..will be sure to check them out. When you get hooked on a series, you do a marathon of episodes and run out of things to watch in a matter of days. I remember Overhaulin' vaguely but the other one is news to me.

Car Warriors has a team of "All star" fabricators, painters and mechanics etc who go against a new team of challengers each week. Each team is given cars of same model and similar condition to design and build an over-the-top custom car within 72 hours. A couple of posts ago in this thread I posted a VW bug they did one time which is my pick of the lot.

Will check that out bro. thanks (y)

Might I also suggest:

- Fantomworks ? <Fantom something> Not very technical but deals with the business of restoring american muscle cars where money doesn't seem to an objection

- Chasing Classic Cars : An interesting showcasing of extremely rare classics and the world of classic car auctions.. Hosted by Wayne Carini.

- Classic Car Club : Again show cases British (and Euro) classics...hosted by Penny Mallory and Tony Mason with Ed China

- Wrecks to Riches : Mainly American restorations....

- American Hot Rod : The series stopped after Boyd Coddington's death so the series is somewhat old.An awesome look in to B.C.'s work at his shop...

- CAR S.O.S : Deals with simple classic/modern classic car restoration belonging to every day people. It is hosted by oneof the dudes who used to present Fifth Gear

Thats the one i forgot.

as iRage said its doesnt focus on the build much but tbh in a real time scale. like a project takes around 250 days sumerized into 1 episode. and remember seeing a episode of a yellow Triumph TR6

Cant wait till this comes out

Well Toyota announced last week that they will be starting to take orders in January for delivery in later February, early March, where they are trying to beat the domestic tax hike and capture the pre-tax car buyers.

I am not sure..but isn't this coming with either a 2.x ltr gasoline or a 1.8ltr Hybrid ?

I like the blue Toyota is coming out with again....but the VOXy looks much nicer with the body kit though.

D01F6720EB54053B228AE7745137B_h498_w598_

Edited by iRage

Well Toyota announced last week that they will be starting to take orders in January for delivery in later February, early March, where they are trying to beat the domestic tax hike and capture the pre-tax car buyers.

I am not sure..but isn't this coming with either a 2.x ltr gasoline or a 1.8ltr Hybrid ?

I like the blue Toyota is coming out with again....but the VOXy looks much nicer with the body kit though.

D01F6720EB54053B228AE7745137B_h498_w598_

Its coming out in 2litre gasoline and 1.8L hybrid( probably Prius hybrid system)

yep got to get it with the body kit

i expect the price to between 5 million and 6 million

Edited by Magnum

This is my favourite out of all I guess. Been collecting the seasons and I'm on Season 04 now. The older episodes are a bit difficult to be found online.

I'm a big fan of Wheeler Dealer myself. Here's one of the better 'Wheeler Dealer' episodes- Wheeler Dealers S07E10 Lotus Elan:

http://youtu.be/TnGGuGXbz_E

Edited by Kavvz

you can actually learn a lot from wheeler dealer, they go more in detail of the build than others :)

True that! Case in point: The whole CV joint upgrade vs the existing rubber bush / rubber doughnut joints on the Lotus Elan. It was very informative learning how the car was originally set-up and how they improved on it via the CV joint upgrade. (They did say that the CV joints would last indefinitely, although I highly doubt that! :D )

True that! Case in point: The whole CV joint upgrade vs the existing rubber bush / rubber doughnut joints on the Lotus Elan. It was very informative learning how the car was originally set-up and how they improved on it via the CV joint upgrade. (They did say that the CV joints would last indefinitely, although I highly doubt that! :D )

Exactly, they show how things are done in a very clear way :)

• MADZ locked this topic