• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Eh? This particular pic was taken in the 90s during a stop-over at a SLARDAR rally. I took a digital pic (the acutal pic above) of the original pic... The "stickers" were the racing livery.

eh, thats what the owner told me thougn

You and me both! So I spent my entire morning at the 'waththe today, looking for nothing in particular when this riced up 'box' Lancer (complete with huge white 'gangsta' wheels!) shows up. Nothing special, something we all see on a daily basis, right? WRONG! It's a genuine 1800GSR with rear disks and the Turbo engine. The hood has a huge cutout (an air intake, if you will) that shows a glimpse of the 1800 Intercooler Turbo engine. Something like this-

1985-Mitsubishi-Lancer-EX-turbo-GSR_15.j

I think the owner is aware that what he has is not your everyday 'box' Lancer! It's a 11sri example.

This car? It fits the description... Wish the price was a little saner though..

bit.ly/15Yz2rV

isn't that only a bit below the pricetag of a (converted) evo 3 or 4?

True, but I think still it's a bit overpriced. Of course the engine looks like it's in good condition, but the rest of the car is a bit questionable. That giant hole on the hood reminds me of the toilet on Hammond's Impreza in the Africa Special episode:

richard_subaru_africa.jpg

As a matter of fact, that hole is still big even if Clarkson, Hammond and May sit on it at the same time (sounds gay, but you know what I mean) :D

But seriously, if you look closely at the exterior, you can see that a few bits and pieces are missing... the obvious one being the original GSR spoiler. Torn beadings (rear top right corner of the windscreen), missing side molding trim. And who knows what the interior has to offier. I don't mind spending that price if the car was as good as the Ford Capri which went for a price similar to this. :)

This car? It fits the description... Wish the price was a little saner though..

bit.ly/15Yz2rV

BINGO! That's what I saw. 1.3mil huh?

@Davy: the original steering wheel has been replaced (I hope he still has it because those are sought after) but the door cards were original and intact. (black with slim white diagonal stripes)

Also missing the most important part-

JCCS2011-723john_MitsubishiLancerA175A-6

The decal that can only be read in your rear view mirror! :smilie_liebe9:

Edited by Jaliya48

True, but I think still it's a bit overpriced. Of course the engine looks like it's in good condition, but the rest of the car is a bit questionable. That giant hole on the hood reminds me of the toilet on Hammond's Impreza in the Africa Special episode:

richard_subaru_africa.jpg

As a matter of fact, that hole is still big even if Clarkson, Hammond and May sit on it at the same time (sounds gay, but you know what I mean) :D

But seriously, if you look closely at the exterior, you can see that a few bits and pieces are missing... the obvious one being the original GSR spoiler. Torn beadings (rear top right corner of the windscreen), missing side molding trim. And who knows what the interior has to offier. I don't mind spending that price if the car was as good as the Ford Capri which went for a price similar to this. :)

You know the car is not maintained properly when one wiper is flamless and the other one is a metal frame wiper.

You know the car is not maintained properly when one wiper is flamless and the other one is a metal frame wiper.

Not true! Not true!! That's just cosmetic what-not... (Like this dude, I've been running with one frameless wiper on the driver's side and one metal frame wiper on the passenger side for the last 3 months or so. Mine however, ARE the right size... :D)

Edited by Kavvz

Mitsubishi! That's default on the original 1800 GSR. '80s were great, weren't they? :smilie_liebe9:

Actually I think the first to use mirrored front spoiler decals were BMW with the 2002 Turbo in the 70s.. IIRC they had to remove it after a couple of years because the car was considered "too aggresive" by lawmakers.

Bmw+2002+Turbo+1973.jpg

Edited by Supra_Natural

Actually I think the first to use mirrored front spoiler decals were BMW with the 2002 Turbo in the 70s.. IIRC they had to remove it after a couple of years because the car was considered "too aggresive" by lawmakers.

Daaayum!

Bmw+2002+Turbo+1973.jpg

Oh wow, the 2002 Turbo is just soooooo sexy! Lawmakers always ruin the fun.

Edited by Jaliya48

• MADZ locked this topic