• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Yeah I dont think that car was riced up.. It was done up just right. And that was a time that neon was cool, before every tom dick and harry started using it.

I was reading up on this car last night, and apparently there might be some legal issues running it on roads cos it might lack some documentation, but that aside it seems pretty neat. It IS an evo after all, not just a show car..

Cool! I wish they hadn't modified the rear tail lights and left it as it is. They've used Lancer tail lights on it and it's not a proper job as the lights are so badly installed, they're sticking out of the body on the bottom side of the light. It has ruined the 'wider' look of the Evo VII rear end.

Anyway, who cares, it's the actual car from the movie and each time you sit behind the wheel, you'll be reminded that Eva Mendes has sat on that front passenger seat! :D

3660728_std.jpg

Edited by Davy

Yeah I dont think that car was riced up.. It was done up just right. And that was a time that neon was cool, before every tom dick and harry started using it.

I was reading up on this car last night, and apparently there might be some legal issues running it on roads cos it might lack some documentation, but that aside it seems pretty neat. It IS an evo after all, not just a show car..

Totally agreed... and i believe you too own your self a 2F2F Evo 7 isn't it???

Cool! I wish they hadn't modified the rear tail lights and left it as it is. They've used Lancer tail lights on it and it's not a proper job as the lights are so badly installed, they're sticking out of the body on the bottom side of the light. It has ruined the 'wider' look of the Evo VII rear end.

Anyway, who cares, it's the actual car from the movie and each time you sit behind the wheel, you'll be reminded that Eva Mendes has sat on that front passenger seat! :D

3660728_std.jpg

Yes machan... thats the only down side i see in the car... to bad they had to mess with it... Man,.. wish i was in US.. Defa Buying it....

Yes machan... thats the only down side i see in the car... to bad they had to mess with it... Man,.. wish i was in US.. Defa Buying it....

Yep, and price wise, this nearly new Evo7 is almost the same price as a new Evo X. But then there's nostalgic childhood sentiments which you just cant put a price on.

There was a scene in 2F2F where the Evo (driven by Paul Walker) goes into a scrapyard or boat yard to retrieve a package in the Ferrari that belongs to Carter Verone (the bad guy). In the scene where the Evo enters the boat yard, it slams against the gate (vertical iron pole) of the scrapyard and the font end is badly damaged if you look closely. And from that point forward, the front end of the Evo is a bit different from earlier (missing Mitsu emblem and so on. they probably had to put in a new bumper and hood).

I might sound crazy, but I have watched that movie so many times I remember all the scenes and probably all the dialogues. :P

Edit: This is the scene:

Edited by Davy

1011371_487709824651774_804535459_n.jpgA Ferrari Found Buried Under Someone's Yard.

In February, 1978, a Dino 246 GTS was discovered by a group of kids digging in the front yard of their home in Los Angeles. After much speculation and media attention with very few leads, it was eventually concluded that the car, which had been declared stolen four years prior by its owners, had been buried there by the thieves.

Wow! You have a very sharp memory!

:D

:) I probably have gone through that thread over 10 times admiring the scale models... Being an Evo fanatic your FF car imprinted on my mind the second i saw it... (Not to mention the fact me being a big fan of 2f2f Evo itself).. Wanted to ask you loads of questions about that particular car, but thought not to trouble you cuz i'm not in a position to buy a one..

Searched ebay (those days) and found one die cast model (Used) had its driver side mirror broken...

Little secret.. i bought the lancer CS with the intention of modifying it to 2F2F evo... Thats how much i was crazy about this car... :)

There was a scene in 2F2F where the Evo (driven by Paul Walker) goes into a scrapyard or boat yard to retrieve a package in the Ferrari that belongs to Carter Verone (the bad guy). In the scene where the Evo enters the boat yard, it slams against the gate (vertical iron pole) of the scrapyard and the font end is badly damaged if you look closely. And from that point forward, the front end of the Evo is a bit different from earlier (missing Mitsu emblem and so on. they probably had to put in a new bumper and hood).

I might sound crazy, but I have watched that movie so many times I remember all the scenes and probably all the dialogues. :P

Edit: This is the scene:

Yah,, remember this scene (and all others as well).. I saw a making of movie documentary on Discovery channel and there they had about four or Five cars identical exterior but with different settings... for example, there was one car fixed on some kind of a trailer which didn't have tires, engine, etc etc... (it was used for closeups)

They also said that the stunt doubles of the hero car had lot of dings, dents scratches and were badly damaged by the time they wrap up filming...

So thats one car crashes the gate and some other car continues onwards.... :)

Yah,, remember this scene (and all others as well).. I saw a making of movie documentary on Discovery channel and there they had about four or Five cars identical exterior but with different settings... for example, there was one car fixed on some kind of a trailer which didn't have tires, engine, etc etc... (it was used for closeups)

They also said that the stunt doubles of the hero car had lot of dings, dents scratches and were badly damaged by the time they wrap up filming...

So thats one car crashes the gate and some other car continues onwards.... :)

You're right. I was a big fan myself, so I had gotten the original DVD with all the behind the scene stuff. They DID have multiple cars. The bodyshell on the trailer was used to film the dialogue scenes inside the car while having a moving background.

I agree, the Mitsubishi emblem appearing/disappearing on the car was a very noticeable goof.

You're right. I was a big fan myself, so I had gotten the original DVD with all the behind the scene stuff. They DID have multiple cars. The bodyshell on the trailer was used to film the dialogue scenes inside the car while having a moving background.

I agree, the Mitsubishi emblem appearing/disappearing on the car was a very noticeable goof.

They had a similar goof at the start of the Movie with the GT-R... In some scenes it had the GTR badge (Like the scene of it driving in to the race) and in some it didnt... I believe there too they used multiple cars and at least one was a seriously tuned up example while the rest were stock (and the one used for the drifting turns in the race had it's AWD disconnected to make it easier to get the tail out!)

They had a similar goof at the start of the Movie with the GT-R... In some scenes it had the GTR badge (Like the scene of it driving in to the race) and in some it didnt... I believe there too they used multiple cars and at least one was a seriously tuned up example while the rest were stock (and the one used for the drifting turns in the race had it's AWD disconnected to make it easier to get the tail out!)

Remember reading an article somewhere said that GTR belongs to Paul Walker itself and he himself did most of the driving stunts and stuff....

Remember seeing a Evo 3 in Colombo and sometime back up for sale that looks a lot like this Evo on 2F2F

if im honest, when the movie came out, even i loved this car. liked the R32 More but remember everyone going crazy those days for this

it may look riced up now a days but it used to be cool.

so guys what is this "lamborghini" launching in srilanka..are they going to have a showroom or something like that....sounds good to me love to see more angry bulls on the road,looks like the pics andrewgtr posted got to do something with this

@supra and other guys any ideas on whats really going to happen ??

so guys what is this "lamborghini" launching in srilanka..are they going to have a showroom or something like that....sounds good to me love to see more angry bulls on the road,looks like the pics andrewgtr posted got to do something with this

@supra and other guys any ideas on whats really going to happen ??

ya heard the news.. wonder how true it is...

Singapore Car Scene: No wonder we get a heap of cheap cars from them, after a couple of years its probably not worth hanging on to your car once repairs start kicking in...

Check it out via Mighty Car Mods:

Edited by Kavvz

Singapore Car Scene: No wonder we get a heap of cheap cars from them, after a couple of years its probably not worth hanging on to your car once repairs start kicking in...

Check it out via Mighty Car Mods:

That's pretty close on the expenses related to car ownership, but the enforcement on 'modifications' is much greater. A friend bought a motorcycle (WR200) and it had an aftermarket exhaust. The cops realized his exhaust sounded louder than it should be, and issued him a fine that was half the value of his bike. In the end Singapore really isnt the ideal place to own a car. Which is why yours truly is now on the 2 wheel option. :D

PS: But in case you didnt realize you dont get that many cars coming to SL from Singapore anymore.. There was a whole lot in the early/mid 2000s cos the COEs took a massive dip so it was cheaper to sell their 2-3 year old cars, get a rebate and buy new ones, but right now people hang onto their cars for about 5-6 years before deciding to sell them; hence too old for SL.

Edited by Watchman

• MADZ locked this topic