• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

On 13/07/2016 at 1:53 PM, iRage said:

Like I said on FB...Toyota made this because of the homologation requirement for the Japan GT cup. The requirement was for 99 units or more to be in production. Toyota planned to make and sell 99 cars. The word is that they eventually sold only 12 during the time and a few more after the model was replaced on special order.

So was it a production car ? Yes....was it common ? No !

Toyota did some fun things in the past. For example..the Crown Comfort GT-Z..yes a Supercharged Crown taxi ! Apparently a driver training school had cancelled an order of training cars. What did Toyota do ? Give it the TRD treatment, watanabe wheels, rear brake upgrades and stuck a 3S-FE out of a camry and stuck a supercharger on it. Now...Toyota never admitted to this officially. But when you look at the car it has the brake pedals for the instructor on the passenger side. So didn't take too much for people to put everything together :D

Longevity-and-the-Toyota-Crown-Comfort-1

But to my eye this will make a nice lowrider with some mods...

On 8/8/2016 at 3:04 AM, matroska said:

interesting. I wonder if people in Aspen Colorado have experienced anything similar with their cars. Googling didn't help that much. 

Plus saw this regarding altitude sickness: 

http://www.lakdasun.org/forum/index.php?topic=5767.0;wap2

Matroska,

My best guess is you don't feel any difference while driving on flat road in city in Colorado. I've used a 1.8L Corolla for office driving and had no issues. But when you reach an incline off city the smaller engine cars would run on high RPMs. As per my understanding the smallest engine you would get would be 1.6L  on Hyundai Accent or Kia Soul and few more models in US.

Even places like Pikes peak / Mount Evens (Both are at 14000 feet) I've seen small cars driven. You might get an idea about the vehicles you see on a drive to Mount Evens in CO from this video i recorded from my dashcam - (Sorry that video quality is not very good as I went late in the evening.)

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Matroska,

My best guess is you don't feel any difference while driving on flat road in city in Colorado. I've used a 1.8L Corolla for office driving and had no issues. But when you reach an incline off city the smaller engine cars would run on high RPMs. As per my understanding the smallest engine you would get would be 1.6L  on Hyundai Accent or Kia Soul and few more models in US.

Even places like Pikes peak / Mount Evens (Both are at 14000 feet) I've seen small cars driven. You might get an idea about the vehicles you see on a drive to Mount Evens in CO from this video i recorded from my dashcam - (Sorry that video quality is not very good as I went late in the evening.)

KMeeg.

Thanks @kmeeg for providing a bit of  first-hand info. Valid point on the type of cars there in the US. 

10 hours ago, CK2 said:

Not the first time I've seen accidents in that stretch. Specially in mornings one of the less congested stretches on Negombo road. I wonder what is meant by ' කලුවරේ සෙමෙන් ඉදිරියට අැදෙන යමක්  ' he has mentioned???

2 minutes ago, matroska said:

Not the first time I've seen accidents in that stretch. Specially in mornings one of the less congested stretches on Negombo road. I wonder what is meant by ' කලුවරේ සෙමෙන් ඉදිරියට අැදෙන යමක්  ' he has mentioned???

yeah me too... may be a ගොලුබෙල්ලෙක් or තලගොයෙක්.... :D...

anyway dont break if you see a  ' කලුවරේ සෙමෙන් ඉදිරියට අැදෙන යමක්  ', when you drive a alto.... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CK2 said:

anyway dont break if you see a  ' කලුවරේ සෙමෙන් ඉදිරියට අැදෙන යමක්  ', when you drive a alto.... 

It says that "මෝටර් රථයේ රියදුරා ඉවතට විසිවී වැටී සිටියේය. ... වටිනා ජීවිතයක් ලොවට අහිමි වුණා ......". So driver dead ? If so who has seen that "කලුවරේ සෙමෙන් ඉදිරියට අැදෙන යම" and reported ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CK2 said:

3 hours ago, matroska said:

48 minutes ago, kusumsiri said:

It says that "මෝටර් රථයේ රියදුරා ඉවතට විසිවී වැටී සිටියේය. ... වටිනා ජීවිතයක් ලොවට අහිමි වුණා ......". So driver dead ? If so who has seen that "කලුවරේ සෙමෙන් ඉදිරියට අැදෙන යම" and reported ?

could be a ghost you know.. we have heard so much of incidents in the past with ghosts appearing and meeting with accidents. 

51 minutes ago, kusumsiri said:

Maybe the driver didn't die OTS

45 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

could be a ghost you know.. we have heard so much of incidents in the past with ghosts appearing and meeting with accidents. 

Who knows! Could be that of the famous songstress after whom those LH30s were named :D

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rumesh88 said:

Who knows! Could be that of the famous songstress after whom those LH30 were named :D

hahaha yeah the first thing that came to my mind was the story @hrm mentioned few months back about the paalam thuna junction accident in parliment road happened 40 years back..... I mean how would the writer of the story know that the dead man saw something moving.. maybe the dead man saw the road bending whereas to the mai who wrote the story it would have been appeared as someone moving slowly... 

Edited by PreseaLover

2 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

hahaha yeah the first thing that came to my mind was the story @hrm mentioned few months back about the paalam thuna junction accident in parliment road happened 40 years back..... I mean how would the writer of the story know that the dead man saw something moving.. maybe the dead man saw the road bending whereas to the mai who wrote the story it would have been appeared as someone moving slowly... 

Lol you have taken it so seriously. However that was about seeing a path/road that was not actually there not about කලුවරේ සෙමෙන් ඉදිරියට අැදෙන යමක් .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, matroska said:

:lol::lol:

8 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

7 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

I can safely say its a 'garandiya'. Dude has an embarassing accident so he needs to find something to blame na?

7 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

Who knows! Could be that of the famous songstress after whom those LH30s were named :D

She died in Thudella. That's a good 7-8kms away.

11 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I can safely say its a 'garandiya'. Dude has an embarassing accident so he needs to find something to blame na?

She died in Thudella. That's a good 7-8kms away.

he died right there, its not like he told someone hey  i saw some hemin idiriyata adee yana something thats why I met with an accident... so how would the writer know what he saw, thats my question... this question cannot be neglected, this is a 64 million dollar question...

20 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

he died right there, its not like he told someone hey  i saw some hemin idiriyata adee yana something thats why I met with an accident... so how would the writer know what he saw, thats my question... this question cannot be neglected, this is a 64 million dollar question...

Maybe the Rexton driver saw that

3 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Hey,

I did the question before you. See here. If it is worth 64 million dollar, keep ownership with you and give me your Presea. :P. Else I will file a case.

Edited by kusumsiri

Here's the CCTV footage of that " කලුවරේ සෙමෙන් ඉදිරියට අැදෙන යම" crash. It happens around 1.00 at the video. Pretty scary stuff.

• MADZ locked this topic