• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

They recently had an article on how to increased engine performance, all of them are support mods and they don't do jack sh$$ standalone. These guys are the online version of autovision, sadly it has a fan following as well. From the looks of it they just take stuff off the Internet and translate it to sinhala.

• Like 1

My apologies, didn't really mean to call him that, was quoting a statement in the video itself.

@PreseaLover sorry mate, couldn't control myself :)

No worries :)

Holy Shit, tell me i just didnt see that.. PresiaLover you've got some explaining to do man..

Yes, I know what I did was wrong.

However, this is what happens... when coming from pamankada side you find a Y junction... Everyday there is a cop in the Y junction, (if you guys pass that road every you would know) he directs all the vehicles that comes from kohuwela side to the 3rd lane (that crosses the double lines) from his hand... and that's why I used the third lane and straight away came and landed infront of the car that recorded the video... and yeah I was late that day to work, and yes the third lane was still ON as you can see the vehicles were going. And I know there was another policemen infront as well, so once again I put to the third lane and merely drove away and once again entered into the second lane infront of the other policemen because I was turning towards the havelock side... most of the days that 3rd lane is on, and somedays its not... so we never know when its on and when its not anyway....

I take off for a day, and I miss all the fun! lol!! PL busted big time! This has to be the funniest incident on Autolanka this year!! :D

Two observations from the video:

1. Judging by the way ole PL is cutting in and out of traffic and making all those bold sweeping moves at the steering wheel: His back seems to be fully healed!!

2. And Damn! PL's white Presea looks good. Just needs a bigger engine, (and better brakes as well as a driver change) but otherwise wow, one hell of a nice looking car!

1. Hahaha... Well yeah 95% ok I should say :D but cant do any hard work yet :P

2. Thanks man :D

No worries :)

Yes, I know what I did was wrong.

However, this is what happens... when coming from pamankada side you find a Y junction... Everyday there is a cop in the Y junction, (if you guys pass that road every you would know) he directs all the vehicles that comes from kohuwela side to the 3rd lane (that crosses the double lines) from his hand... and that's why I used the third lane and straight away came and landed infront of the car that recorded the video... and yeah I was late that day to work, and yes the third lane was still ON as you can see the vehicles were going. And I know there was another policemen infront as well, so once again I put to the third lane and merely drove away and once again entered into the second lane infront of the other policemen because I was turning towards the havelock side... most of the days that 3rd lane is on, and somedays its not... so we never know when its on and when its not anyway....

No offense bro - I use the road everyday in the morning rush hour. And there is NEVER a third lane. The only 3rd lane (so to speak) is to turn right to Ishwari lane. Thereafter none and it's regular operation with double line. There shouldn't be any doubts about that if you're driving that way in the mornings :)

Just needs a bigger engine,

I thought 105HP engine is more than enuf for a car on SL roads.. plus presea barely weigh a ton (1080 Kg)

FD1 1.8 is considered a fun car to drive ne, it puts out 138HP and weighs 1240Kg

What could have happened there?

Most probably 121 tried to overtake something cutting the white line and crashed into the bimmer partial head - on and the alto which was tailgating the bimmer couldn't react quickly ,so ended up rear ending the bimmer.

may be the vehicles werent road worthy (from a politicians view) since its near the parliament and politicians claim that brand new bought company maintained vehicles arent driveable after 2-3 years :sport-smiley-004:

Oh yeah, shit SL politicians say :speechless-smiley-004:

• Low cost vehicles are more expensive to maintain than BMW and Benz cars
  • Traveling by double cabs causes cardiac arrest
  • Vehicles less expensive than BMW 7 causes terrible back aches
  • 2x4 vehicles cannot travel to SL rural areas, only 4x4 vehicles and can travel on those roads
  • Bajaj Qute is a car
  • Govt increase vehicle taxes because the 'should be's and the should not be's are using motor vehicles

etc...etc...

Sri Lanka, a land like no other :sad-smiley-067:

• Like 7

I thought 105HP engine is more than enuf for a car on SL roads.. plus presea barely weigh a ton (1080 Kg)

FD1 1.8 is considered a fun car to drive ne, it puts out 138HP and weighs 1240Kg

Sure, but I was thinking along the lines of a Nissan Primera P11 or P12 ( with a SR20DE ?) when I said that. Am not sure whether its fair to compare the two cars but that was my train of thought... :D

Edited by Kavvz

What's more interesting is he's driving a Vitz/Yaris in a country where oil is cheaper than water.

..and he is yet to replace his front wheel cup that went missing two years back! That's genetics - we understand.

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, terrabytetango said:

That is hella expensive, even by today's standards. Was this a production car?

Like I said on FB...Toyota made this because of the homologation requirement for the Japan GT cup. The requirement was for 99 units or more to be in production. Toyota planned to make and sell 99 cars. The word is that they eventually sold only 12 during the time and a few more after the model was replaced on special order.

So was it a production car ? Yes....was it common ? No !

Toyota did some fun things in the past. For example..the Crown Comfort GT-Z..yes a Supercharged Crown taxi ! Apparently a driver training school had cancelled an order of training cars. What did Toyota do ? Give it the TRD treatment, watanabe wheels, rear brake upgrades and stuck a 3S-FE out of a camry and stuck a supercharger on it. Now...Toyota never admitted to this officially. But when you look at the car it has the brake pedals for the instructor on the passenger side. So didn't take too much for people to put everything together :D

Longevity-and-the-Toyota-Crown-Comfort-1

Edited by iRage
  • Like 5

• MADZ locked this topic