• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

1. The most common reason (at least on performance cars) is for better weight distribution.

2. I've pondered about it and personally believe that it will be more efficient since the drive shaft only rotates at the engine RMP and not the (much faster) wheel's RPM. This means less energy is wasted in the drive shaft's rotational potential energy. Plus, lesser revolutions means lesser wear-n-tear..this is a personal theory, but maybe someone's got some insights on this.

1. The most common reason (at least on performance cars) is for better weight distribution.

2. I've pondered about it and personally believe that it will be more efficient since the drive shaft only rotates at the engine RMP and not the (much faster) wheel's RPM. This means less energy is wasted in the drive shaft's rotational potential energy. Plus, lesser revolutions means lesser wear-n-tear..this is a personal theory, but maybe someone's got some insights on this.

Transaxles are there for better weight distribution yes, and I can personally attest to this witht he 340GLE because they were used by the govt. in the early 90s and a relative had one. Cornered like nothing I had been in up to that point. However, the only time the wheels would spin faster than the prop shaft would be in overdrive.

• Like 1

Transaxles are there for better weight distribution yes, and I can personally attest to this witht he 340GLE because they were used by the govt. in the early 90s and a relative had one. Cornered like nothing I had been in up to that point. However, the only time the wheels would spin faster than the prop shaft would be in overdrive.

Thanks. :)

Guys small question not sure if this should go on thread but, let say there is a car right now in the market with a damaged chassis (unreg car), which can turn out very bad at high speed possibly potential life at risk. what can a person or buyer do to stop someone (car sale owner) like this? any legal action as such??

• MADZ locked this topic