• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

as some of you know i have a thing for weird options and optional extras and came across this in a B11 wagon

mOqwTAF.jpg

its a electronically operated rear right side boot window opener (The traingular window. Question is What for?

EpCGQD1.jpg

CCRcwMR.jpg

as some of you know i have a thing for weird options and optional extras and came across this in a B11 wagon

its a electronically operated rear right side boot window opener (The traingular window. Question is What for?

Ventilation. Even today a lot of three seat row station wagons, SUVs, minivans etc have a opening rear window. In station wagons without a third row seat the tilting rear window was put on for pets ! The idea was that a dog would be in the cargo area and it would need ventilation.

• Like 3

Ventilation. Even today a lot of three seat row station wagons, SUVs, minivans etc have a opening rear window. In station wagons without a third row seat the tilting rear window was put on for pets ! The idea was that a dog would be in the cargo area and it would need ventilation.

I was also thinking the same. It would be perfect for a dog to put his head out and enjoy the breeze. Also it would be safer if it was the left window.(of course it depends on the country ) Edited by sathyajithj99

I was also thinking the same. It would be perfect for a dog to put his head out and enjoy the breeze. Also it would be safer if it was the left window.(of course it depends on the country )

Yes....but it does not open enough for a dog (of normal size) to stick its head out :)

mOqwTAF.jpg

EpCGQD1.jpg

CCRcwMR.jpg

Wow this brings back memories. It's cable operated, thus the long throw. My uncle's Sunny California here in SL had it.

Honest to god have you ever seen another uglier car than this?

12705496_793472867423542_753493592317482

It actually looks pretty good in the flesh. Pictures don't do it justice....It looks waaay better than the previous version. Yeap! I know, I was surprised myself!

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

• MADZ locked this topic