• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Should be interesting to see how this is going to be implemented without adding to the congestion.

One option would be to issue a HOV sticker to those who apply and tax those without it annually (tax localization is a problem there).. coupled with a thumping fine for anyone caught with a sticker but less than the stipulated number of people at a spot check.

Or something like Fastrak which I've used in SF bay area (where you're being charged by automatic toll if you put the fastrak card up, but you don't put it up if you have at least one passenger). There it mainly applies to HOV lane usage but in Colombo I guess it will apply to all lanes (assuming our drivers drive in the lanes!)

Yet another 'hisaradeta amuda gahilla'. If they straighten up the public transportation system, they need not implement anything. No-one likes to drive in Colombo traffic. If the public transportation is good, most people will opt to use it instead of driving.

The problem is that most of the private bus owners are politicians. And they don't want to change. They just want to milk every nut and bolt!

• Like 2

Wow, what a year 2015 has turned out to be for the muscle car scene. First Chrysler makes the

and then Ford actually figures out how to make a sports car with suspension and a LSD? Well I'll be...! Does this mean there's
? Have any of you fancy pants buggers who live overseas driven any of these two cars?

-A poem by an alto owner:

බෝඩිමෙන් බෝඩිමට
ටොන් ගණන් බර ඇද්ද;

ගිනියමට කවුළු හැර
රථගාලෙ කල් මැරුව;

කොළඹ ප්‍රාඩෝ අතර
ට්‍රැෆික් වල තෙල් බිව්ව;

උඹේ රතු තොල් අස්සෙ
සීරුවට සිල් බින්ද;

කතන්දර තවත් ඇත
අපිම විතරක් දන්න;

බෙන්ස් මොන්ටෙරෝ දිහා
මගේ ඇස් යනවා ඇති

ඒ බැලුම් දකිනකොට
උඹට දුක හිතෙනවැති

සැප රියට ඇරුණු දොර
උඹට මට වැහෙනු ඇති

ඉවසපං බඩගින්න
අපිට දුර යන්න හැකි
---- ප්‍රතිභා.

Author

• Like 4

-A poem by an alto owner:

බෝඩිමෙන් බෝඩිමට

ටොන් ගණන් බර ඇද්ද;

ගිනියමට කවුළු හැර

රථගාලෙ කල් මැරුව;

කොළඹ ප්‍රාඩෝ අතර

ට්‍රැෆික් වල තෙල් බිව්ව;

උඹේ රතු තොල් අස්සෙ

සීරුවට සිල් බින්ද;

කතන්දර තවත් ඇත

අපිම විතරක් දන්න;

බෙන්ස් මොන්ටෙරෝ දිහා

මගේ ඇස් යනවා ඇති

ඒ බැලුම් දකිනකොට

උඹට දුක හිතෙනවැති

සැප රියට ඇරුණු දොර

උඹට මට වැහෙනු ඇති

ඉවසපං බඩගින්න

අපිට දුර යන්න හැකි

---- ප්‍රතිභා.

Author

That's very creative.

I'm guessing the guy ran either

a. he was drunk driving, and surrendered once he sobered up

b. escape the public bashing

If he was sober he may have reasoned that the mob would not attack a woman and a child but would certainly thump him... which iitself is a darn rotten thing to do.

• MADZ locked this topic