• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Saw in FB but can't verify whether it's true. According to that it's a norm that all driver's get their driving licenses suspended temporarily after a fatal crash. And they can be given a minimum Rs. 5000 fine for inability to prevent an accident from happening. Idea was to give Police a 14 day period to do a proper investigation and report back on next court day. Court will decide to charge or release the drivers based on evidence. Until then they are not allowed to drive. This crash was exceptional in many ways though.

Edited by hrm

Saw in FB but can't verify whether it's true. According to that it's a norm that all driver's get their driving licenses suspended temporarily after a fatal crash. And they can be given a minimum Rs. 5000 fine for inability to prevent an accident from happening. Idea was to give Police a 14 day period to do a proper investigation and report back on next court day. Court will decide to charge or release the drivers based on evidence. Until then they are not allowed to drive. This crash was exceptional in many ways though.

I didnt know that rule

Is there court case going on this?

That is if you survive :P

Hahahaha yeah

I didnt know that rule

Is there court case going on this?

Hahahaha yeah

On February 15th 1997 around 8.30am I got side rammed by an Army hot shot's son driving an Army car (E90 series Corolla) at the Thunmulla round about and I got charged for not avoiding an accident (FYI I was passing through the round about when the kid with his girlfriend returning home in a hurry after a valentines day party...hit me on the passenger side). Never got fined or license suspended (then again there were no fatalities). I was just asked to appear in court.I remember waiting there for hours and hours and then the court proceedings took like less than 10 mins....

Yes.

Interesting, keep us updated!

bdw has the bus going from Defender's side used its brake?

On February 15th 1997 around 8.30am I got side rammed by an Army hot shot's son driving an Army car (E90 series Corolla) at the Thunmulla round about and I got charged for not avoiding an accident (FYI I was passing through the round about when the kid with his girlfriend returning home in a hurry after a valentines day party...hit me on the passenger side). Never got fined or license suspended (then again there were no fatalities). I was just asked to appear in court.I remember waiting there for hours and hours and then the court proceedings took like less than 10 mins....

You had to go to the court of motor vehicle offence? No matter which court it is, that section is always crowded

Did you guys come across this incident? It had happened a week or two ago

This dude had come on the wrong, the diplomat had not given him way and after waiting for around 10min, he had started assaulting the diplomat verbally and physically. Happened at one of the Arpico branches in CMB

12032267_10152934019671525_4449327456818

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym0yv-zag8I

I hope he gets arrested or fined

Edited by Magnum

Well the cops have to prove that their own was not entirely at fault I guess....but then again I guess one has to explore if all possible measures to avoid such an accident were taken. Should we check the suspension of the bus ? Maybe it was shot and the bus swayed too much because of body roll which made the the bus under steer through the corner....

Edited by iRage

Did you guys know about a vehicle fire inside one of the car parks in Colombo today? A newer red mini cooper caught fire setting another car ablaze nearby (an unfortunate Prius)

https://www.facebook.com/pattah777/videos/10205155681877313/

Kids! This is why you should buy a JDM :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Well the cops have to prove that their own was not entirely at fault I guess....but then again I guess one has to explore if all possible measures to avoid such an accident were taken. Should we check the suspension of the bus ? Maybe it was shot and the bus swayed too much because of body roll which made the the bus under steer through the corner....

At first I also thought the cops are trying to prove the Defender isnt wrong but I changed my mind after I came across the rule about avoiding an accident and once I saw the oncoming bus going a little past the line

Edited by Magnum

Kids! This is why you should buy a JDM :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

At first I also thought the cops are trying to prove the Defender isnt wrong but I changed my mind after I came across the rule about avoiding an accident and once I saw the oncoming bus going a little past the line

Isn't the bus crossing the white line after the crash due to the impact ? This is the road I used to travel daily for years and I know it's not that easy to take that bend in a big vehicle without crossing the white line.

Yup, it seems the bus gets dragged across the line with the defender, due to the impact and then he steers away from it.

Also, before the defender even gets parallel with the bus on it's left (starts to overtake), the oncoming bus can be seen on the cctv, so it should have been visible from then onwards. But then it was around 2 seconds to go past the bus...

Yeah..but in seriousness...wouldn't a proper accident investigation entail checking the vehicles as well ? Because the vehicles condition might have contributed to the bus not being able to give the Defender room to pass in which case the owners should also be held liable ? Then again, they also have to consider the dynamics of how a bus moves....it is long bus after all...not as nmible as a little sedan...

Yup, it seems the bus gets dragged across the line with the defender, due to the impact and then he steers away from it.

Also, before the defender even gets parallel with the bus on it's left (starts to overtake), the oncoming bus can be seen on the cctv, so it should have been visible from then onwards. But then it was around 2 seconds to go past the bus...

The thing is we should also consider a human's thinking time isnt it?

Isn't the bus crossing the white line after the crash due to the impact ? This is the road I used to travel daily for years and I know it's not that easy to take that bend in a big vehicle without crossing the white line.

I dont specifically know about this bend but I have seen bus drivers going slightly out of the single line on other bends too, most of the time its cuz they try to take the bend way too fast than the bus actually can.

Take a look at this

11062031_715057551954037_442852739963646

Yeah..but in seriousness...wouldn't a proper accident investigation entail checking the vehicles as well ? Because the vehicles condition might have contributed to the bus not being able to give the Defender room to pass in which case the owners should also be held liable ? Then again, they also have to consider the dynamics of how a bus moves....it is long bus after all...not as nmible as a little sedan...

Another thing I noticed is that you can see the bus on the left trying to give way to the Defender so he has definitely seen the SUV, so why didnt he use the brakes?

Edited by Magnum

The thing is we should also consider a human's thinking time isnt it?

I dont specifically know about this bend but I have seen bus drivers going slightly out of the single line on other bends too, most of the time its cuz they try to take the bend way too fast than the bus actually can.

Take a look at this

11062031_715057551954037_442852739963646

Magnum, Where did you took this pic. Kandy - Mahiyangana Rd????

• MADZ locked this topic