• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Machangs, why diss the Aqua group. They leave us alone and discuss things that they think are fun in their own little space. :)They cause us no issues and good on them.

To be perfectly honest we accuse people of being Thel Higannas. But people have to live within their means. I know it is contrary to spending millions of rupees on a motor car, but that is a South Asian oddity. But its not our money they are spending noh?

(1) Agree with Don.

A lady complains to the Police that her neighbour walks naked. Police visit her house and says "Madam, we can't see such a thing, your home is surrounded by a nice parapet wall". Lady says , "Please climb on to my room window and see trough his wall air vents".

If Aqua owners gather and do what ever they like, why do Autolanka people worry?

Even we Viva Elite owners have such a FB group which is very much helpful for us and no disturb to other make owners.

(2) I am against this word "Thel Hinganna" frequently use here.

You guys use wrong word for a particular meaning. :deal:

There is a difference in the meaning of "Hinganna" and "Lobhaya".

"Hinganna" is a person who lack or weak in financial ability to attempt the purpose.

"Lobhaya" is a greedy person who is not willing to spend money even for the highly required things/events.

So it should be "Thel Lobhaya". (FYI, Hinganna ,Pulanna also different meanings in SInhala)

"Thel Masura" may be handy to use. :P

Yes, I am a "Thel Hinganna" , but not "Thel Masura" :) , I don't have my own good car and much money to pump fuel for such a high capacity car.

Hence I use 3 cylinder small cheap hatchback as my daily runner. (But I am happy as I don't use even a credit card and I always use my hard earned money, no such loans and so far already achieved all basic events I expected through my life ) :)

I know this is not personally targeted to me. But this is my own thinking. ;)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 4

(1) Agree with Don.

A lady complains to the Police that her neighbour walks naked. Police visit her house and says "Madam, we can't see such a thing, your home is surrounded by a nice parapet wall". Lady says , "Please climb on to my room window and see trough his wall air vents".

If Aqua owners gather and do what ever they like, why do Autolanka people worry?

Even we Viva Elite owners have such a FB group which is very much helpful for us and no disturb to other make owners.

(2) I am against this word "Thel Hinganna" frequently use here.

You guys use wrong word for a particular meaning. :deal:

There is a difference in the meaning of "Hinganna" and "Lobhaya".

"Hinganna" is a person who lack or weak in financial ability to attempt the purpose.

"Lobhaya" is a greedy person who is not willing to spend money even for the highly required things/events.

So it should be "Thel Lobhaya". (FYI, Hinganna ,Pulanna also different meanings in SInhala)

"Thel Masura" may be handy to use. :P

Yes, I am a "Thel Hinganna" , but not "Thel Masura" :) , I don't have my own good car and much money to pump fuel for such a high capacity car.

Hence I use 3 cylinder small cheap hatchback as my daily runner. (But I am happy as I don't use even a credit card and I always use my hard earned money, no such loans and so far already achieved all basic events I expected through my life ) :)

I know this is not personally targeted to me. But this is my own thinking. ;)

I beleive the more apt word would be "thel kunaa".

There was this helarious post in that group though. So one guy parked his car in the rain and a puddle (around 2 inches deep) formed around the car. And the guy got worked up on if thats safe for the car... The priceless paer follows.. it was suggested that he let the air out of the tyres and refill them because when water mixes with air hybrid tyres get spoilt. And the guy believed it!

On this note on Hybrids, I see that the Vezel does not take much of a beating by critics, or is it just me? (bias?) and personally i've seen that in the correct hands it does pull very well, better than the Pruis, the Aqua is hopeless, no experience with the insight. Other than the Hybrid drivetrain, it would be a very good SUV in its full form with the US engine (4wd ver of course)

On this note on Hybrids, I see that the Vezel does not take much of a beating by critics, or is it just me? (bias?) and personally i've seen that in the correct hands it does pull very well, better than the Pruis, the Aqua is hopeless, no experience with the insight. Other than the Hybrid drivetrain, it would be a very good SUV in its full form with the US engine (4wd ver of course)

Well...despite the typical Hybrid lazy feel to it and realistic maintainability of the Hybrid system and the costs associated with it; the Vezel is actually not a bad car. It does not feel as numb or as plasticy as the typical Toyotas invading Sri Lanka. As for Prius and Aqua,despite the issues sighted earlier with Hybrids they are not bad cars for what they are which are econo boxes for the masses to get from A o B. The main reason it gets a beating is because of the mentality of the owners (just like the Allion and Premio days when those cars got a beating). For example if you go to the FB event page of the Aqua gathering the description starts of by saying "We are special" because they use an Aqua ? What about everyone who has a Prius ? or Fit/Civic/Vezel/Camry/MB/BMWetc...hybrids ? or nowadays even a full EV ?I guess they are not special (because they were short sighted to not to have purchased an Aqua ?)

I still would not consider the Vezel as a SUV though, but that is me...(then neither does Honda ), but as a little Crossover/Urban-something something yeah it is pretty decent. There were some sketches and rumors about Toyota coming up with something in that category. A little bit too late and the shipped has sailed but you never know....there are plenty of people in the world who would mortgage their first born for anything with a Toyota badge on it.

the Vezel pulls ? Putting it to the so called sports mode does nothing other than decreasing the acceleration even more, just the whole interior turns red like you murdered a clown in it. Having it in the normal mode Give the Electric Motor + Engine power when you shift to the isport mode it is just that small horrid 1.5L engine screaming and no go so that sports mode is utter crap. I've driven one Up and down hikka.

I have heard different opinions about Vezel's pulling power, some claim its quite fast while others say its too slow and theres another bunch of people who haven't even driven but just assume it'll be slow cuz it has a 1.5L

I should drive it and see :wild:

Dam it Don! why do you have to make good sense just when I was gonna join the group/event and troll them a bit.

Apparently they've discovered that we are talking about them here and they don't like it one bit! The comments on that post are as funny as everything else on that page!

Big milestone in life for me this month. And two relatively big occasions as a petrolhead. My two die cast 1:18 4x4 collections at home and uni came together to form one. and I got to go away in a rather special car thanks to this one gentleman who happens to be a big car enthusiast himself.

1545562_10152862919251259_81151001889943

1743613_10152865998551259_71998763536731

Apparently they've discovered that we are talking about them here and they don't like it one bit! The comments on that post are as funny as everything else on that page!

Link it up buddy! :D

EDIT:

Just found the relevant post off this https://#####/824376424257646/#

Kinda entertaining, but not as much fun as I expected...But I did read something interesting on there: Someone posted up pictures of his TRD badged Aqua. At first I was like wtf? What's the point of making an entry level car designed to save fuel SPORTY? Its seems off point, contradictory even. Surely TRD isn't THAT bonkers. But its apparently legit.

The primary upgrades the Aqua TRD offers are a sporty sounding exhaust, a lowered ride height and a bodykit that incorporates a rear diffuser. All on a car that was primarily designed to save fuel ?!

Edited by Kavvz

Big milestone in life for me this month. And two relatively big occasions as a petrolhead. My two die cast 1:18 4x4 collections at home and uni came together to form one. and I got to go away in a rather special car thanks to this one gentleman who happens to be a big car enthusiast himself.

1743613_10152865998551259_71998763536731

Congratulations on the marriage....all the best in the years to come!

Link it up buddy! :D

EDIT:

Just found the relevant post off this https://#####/824376424257646/#

Kinda entertaining, but not as much fun as I expected...But I did read something interesting on there: Someone posted up pictures of his TRD badged Aqua. At first I was like wtf? What's the point of making an entry level car designed to save fuel SPORTY? Its seems off point, contradictory even. Surely TRD isn't THAT bonkers. But its apparently legit.

The primary upgrades the Aqua TRD offers are a sporty sounding exhaust, a lowered ride height and a bodykit that incorporates a rear diffuser. All on a car that was primarily designed to save fuel ?!

For starters I can't figure out why some are getting their panties in a knot over us reading their page. Most other car groups are quite welcoming of all types of car people.

Anyway, the G sport package was intended for improving handling rather than pushing out more HPs. Drove it and it does feel firmer and a bit more responsive and direct in its handling, not as much as euro hatch or anything but still feels better in a strange sort of way. TRD upgrades are also in that line when you look at what is available.

Since the Aqua FB group people read this maybe one of them can answer it here (or even on their page..) since I can't post it there....There was a comment stating that Aquas (Hybrids in general as well..) save the environment...

Now in the past there was evidence showing that the production, logistics and disposal processes involved with the batteries for Hybrids caused significant environmental damage than the emissions it saved. Has that changed anytime recently ? <I am not mocking or disrespecting Hybrids or Aquas or anything...this is a genuine question...>

Now in the past there was evidence showing that the production, logistics and disposal processes involved with the batteries for Hybrids caused significant environmental damage than the emissions it saved. Has that changed anytime recently ? <I am not mocking or disrespecting Hybrids or Aquas or anything...this is a genuine question...>

Actually things have become worse now because vehicle manufacturers are starting to use Li-Ion batteries instead of NiMH batteries. Li-ion batteries are much bigger environmental hazard (also toxic) and it is complicated to recycle.

So in effect, hybrid owners have now reached a new level of assholism.

• Like 1

For starters I can't figure out why some are getting their panties in a knot over us reading their page. Most other car groups are quite welcoming of all types of car people.

Anyway, the G sport package was intended for improving handling rather than pushing out more HPs. Drove it and it does feel firmer and a bit more responsive and direct in its handling, not as much as euro hatch or anything but still feels better in a strange sort of way. TRD upgrades are also in that line when you look at what is available.

Since the Aqua FB group people read this maybe one of them can answer it here (or even on their page..) since I can't post it there....There was a comment stating that Aquas (Hybrids in general as well..) save the environment...

Looks like the Aqua boys have made the group a Closed Group. But did see some sleeper agents from AL already members there... LOL.

• MADZ locked this topic