• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

wow, some serious power...

Forgive my ignorance, but who's that dude with twin earrings? He seems to be driving all the bloody fast cars I've seen - be it AMS, UGR or HKS tuned :)

Yep.. Space gray and Gold. Both Iphone 6 plus.

Reason for 6 Plus is they have more features with IOS 8, 1080P screen with 401PPI, IS on the camera & more battery life over Iphone 6.

After 1 month of wait time got the phones.. Initial thought was its a little to big for a phone but hope i will get used to it. Didn't see a huge improvement with performance but its too early to comment on that as i just got them. Sometime later will try how the camera performs and will put some pics in Digital Photography forum.

DSC_0831_zps794dfe59.jpg

Edited by kmeeg
  • Like 1

" the VEGA project that aims to create the Sri Lanka’s first fully electric, high performance super car. VEGA involves expertise from different domains and this effort was initiated and funded by CodeGen. "

http://colombogazette.com/2014/07/28/codegen-first-movers-to-trace-expert-city-colombo/img_1611/

Also out of interest: Is there anyone here at AL who works at CodeGen?

Edited by Kavvz

" the VEGA project that aims to create the Sri Lanka’s first fully electric, high performance super car. VEGA involves expertise from different domains and this effort was initiated and funded by CodeGen. "

http://colombogazette.com/2014/07/28/codegen-first-movers-to-trace-expert-city-colombo/img_1611/

Also out of interest: Is there anyone here at AL who works at CodeGen?

I'm not a mechanical or electrical engineer, but it just doesnt seem realistic. Building a petrol burning car to reach the benchmarks they have set themselves is a challenge in itself. But to do it in an electric car the idea even crazier.

I'm not a mechanical or electrical engineer, but it just doesnt seem realistic. Building a petrol burning car to reach the benchmarks they have set themselves is a challenge in itself. But to do it in an electric car the idea even crazier.

True,it's always gonna be an uphill battle.Financing the project would be the main problem.But those guys look they're serious though...unlike the idiots who tried to to do water powered or air powered cars in the past...

I think this deserves a thread of it's own...Mods,can you do the needful then move the posts here to that please.

True,it's always gonna be an uphill battle.Financing the project would be the main problem.But those guys look they're serious though...unlike the idiots who tried to to do water powered or air powered cars in the past...

I think this deserves a thread of it's own...Mods,can you do the needful then move the posts here to that please.

I do agree with you on the fact that these are probably THE MOST legit looking gang in Sri Lanka trying something in this field unlike the water-engine-dude and the electric-wind-turbine-car-kid.

But in an industry where even aluminium is ditched for lighter materials such as CF, do you think a steel-tube-chassis can cut it? In my opinion rather than having a go at Lamborghini or Buggati, they should focus on a metric that's probably easier to achieve. Maybe electric kit-cars (sports cars like the lotus 7). You're not expected or required to be the pinnacle of performance nor technology but rather someone who makes it more accessible to the common man. And it's a market where consumers too are more forgiving towards newbie-design-shortfalls than a design error on a ferrari or a mercedes.

Just my 2 cents.

I do agree with you on the fact that these are probably THE MOST legit looking gang in Sri Lanka trying something in this field unlike the water-engine-dude and the electric-wind-turbine-car-kid.

But in an industry where even aluminium is ditched for lighter materials such as CF, do you think a steel-tube-chassis can cut it? In my opinion rather than having a go at Lamborghini or Buggati, they should focus on a metric that's probably easier to achieve. Maybe electric kit-cars (sports cars like the lotus 7). You're not expected or required to be the pinnacle of performance nor technology but rather someone who makes it more accessible to the common man. And it's a market where consumers too are more forgiving towards newbie-design-shortfalls than a design error on a ferrari or a mercedes.

Just my 2 cents.

Interestingly I think they are working on the premise that achieving return on investent is better on the nieche high performance car sector rather than in mass production. Because in that sector what people pay for is something unique that is fully custom built to their needs, and you do not need mass marketing, just enough to get the people with the money interested.

Its also possible they are using cheaper material for a prototype and may upgrade once they get a working prototype and can confirm their designs work.

BUT.........

Building a good chassis for a sports is an extremely difficult task. To be honest it takes time, testing as well as engineering brilliance

Battery technology and electrical components well where do you even start. Unless you import that technology in, its going to be difficult as the country neither has the know how or the manufacturing capability.

Then there is the luxury and unique aspect. At a minimum you need to be on par with Tesla (or be 1/4 of the price which I doubt considering the quality expected in that market) ...................

So I think I aggree they should have started with a smaller chalenge, maybe to build electrical power kits for kit cars, and then build on that experience to get to there ultimate goal.

• MADZ locked this topic