• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

My laptop's a HP with Radeon graphics.. (HD4530) and got no heat issues at all. Did manage to play GTA IV using low end graphics on it.

Stuck with the mission where you have to take down the union boss after dealing with the guards.

I did reach the end of play on Vice City with no more normal missions coming up and you own that block in the middle island, and yes it was so much fun to even just drive around the map they had.

My laptop's a HP with Radeon graphics.. (HD4530) and got no heat issues at all. Did manage to play GTA IV using low end graphics on it.

Stuck with the mission where you have to take down the union boss after dealing with the guards.

I did reach the end of play on Vice City with no more normal missions coming up and you own that block in the middle island, and yes it was so much fun to even just drive around the map they had.

was the final mission where you had to kill Lance?

@Magnum,

I don't remember the names...but if it is the guy you take orders from and lives in that mansion in the middle bit, then that's the final mission.

Are you referring to this mansion?

VercettiEstate-GTAVC.jpg

This is Lance

Lance_Vance_(VC).png

Edited by Magnum

Yup that's the one!! Bringing back memories :) Used to park the cars in those garages and that's the guy! :)

Are you sure you killed Lance there? I havent played until the end cuz like i told earlier no missions came up but I did kill the owner of the mansion. It wasnt Lance rather it was Diaz

This is the guy

RicardoD%C3%ADazVC.png

And this was the mission, we team up with Lance to kill Diaz and the mansion belongs to us from then onwards

GTA%20VC_guide14.jpg

Gosh Magnum, how do you remember the names so well? :) I remember the Vice City map and the mansion on the centre island. About the final mission, I remember it being a huge shoot out in the mansion. (reminded me of how the movie Scarface ended).

Any one used cheats (trainers) for VC or SA?

The only thing I remember trying out was the "hot coffee" mod (or was it a cheat?) which unlocked all the hidden scenes with the girlfriends. :P

Google Maps GPS voice navigation is now available in 19 new countries. Roll call! Angola, Bahamas, Bolivia, Botswana, Fiji, Guyana, Honduras, Jamaica, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago.

https://www.facebook.com/GoogleMaps/photos/a.365684129057.139813.15279704057/10152077363054058/?type=1&fref=nf

Are you sure you killed Lance there? I havent played until the end cuz like i told earlier no missions came up but I did kill the owner of the mansion. It wasnt Lance rather it was Diaz

This is the guy

And this was the mission, we team up with Lance to kill Diaz and the mansion belongs to us from then onwards

Now I am having doubts myself of what I remember whether it was the final shootout at the mansion or the Diaz mission. Last played it was in 2005! Think I yet do have the installs and the saved game and if I do get sometime might pull them out and check it :)

do remember using a trainer on VC.

Never played SA as it was same time I got the GTA IV and having installed both together, the graphics made me only play GTA IV.

Time taken to install and the space needed is making me not install GTA IV again to have an attempt at completing it..

Anyone played Driver San Fransisco?

Google Maps GPS voice navigation is now available in 19 new countries. Roll call! Angola, Bahamas, Bolivia, Botswana, Fiji, Guyana, Honduras, Jamaica, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago.

https://www.facebook.com/GoogleMaps/photos/a.365684129057.139813.15279704057/10152077363054058/?type=1&fref=nf

This is brilliant news. Been using Mapfactor after reading it over here in the forums..

Now I'm lost between choosing a in-dash GPS navigation system or a smart phone with GPS.

Here's what i think.

• Smart phone gps are really helpful for short navigation scenarios. Eg you get an email or visit a web site that you need to go and you can simply open the address on you phone navigation and go there without much trouble. But when someone calls you while you navigate it will trouble you a bit. And also note that if you are using google maps unless you make that area offline it will charge you for the mobile data.
  • If considering in-dash GPS systems the biggest thing i look for is;
  1. Can i get the updates for Free.
  2. The quality of the Maps ( My personal preference is maps from Magellan/ Tomtom / Garmin)
  3. Easyness of the navigation like voice with streetnames, live traffic updates, using of voice commands, etc..
  • You might also consider portable GPS units like Magellan/ Tomtom / Garmin. I find them very easy to use and very easy to install new maps and also they come with very fancy services to but limited to different countries. Eg of apps (Live cameras, weather conditions, fuel prices, blah blah blah...). Also when you are going on a road trip you can use your main headunit / multimedia system for main source of entertainment and use a portable navigation system without ruin your fun / entertainment. Also portable gps units are less expensive than in built gps headunits.
  • Also there are head units with Apple carplay where you can connect your iphone to the headunit and use maps in your phone on your headunit. These headunits are cheaper than built in GPS headunits. Eg Pioneer AVH 4000NEX is about $600 and the one with in built pioneer GPS was over $1000..!! GPS headunits with built in Garmin / Tomtom / Magellan systems are even more expensive.
  • Most importantly check whether what ever gps system you plan to buy has Sri lanka maps..!! Otherwise its a total waste of money right?

KMeeg.

• Like 1

Here's what i think.
  • Smart phone gps are really helpful for short navigation scenarios. Eg you get an email or visit a web site that you need to go and you can simply open the address on you phone navigation and go there without much trouble. But when someone calls you while you navigate it will trouble you a bit. And also note that if you are using google maps unless you make that area offline it will charge you for the mobile data.
  2. The quality of the Maps ( My personal preference is maps from Magellan/ Tomtom / Garmin)
  3. Easyness of the navigation like voice with streetnames, live traffic updates, using of voice commands, etc..
  • You might also consider portable GPS units like Magellan/ Tomtom / Garmin. I find them very easy to use and very easy to install new maps and also they come with very fancy services to but limited to different countries. Eg of apps (Live cameras, weather conditions, fuel prices, blah blah blah...). Also when you are going on a road trip you can use your main headunit / multimedia system for main source of entertainment and use a portable navigation system without ruin your fun / entertainment. Also portable gps units are less expensive than in built gps headunits.
  • Also there are head units with Apple carplay where you can connect your iphone to the headunit and use maps in your phone on your headunit. These headunits are cheaper than built in GPS headunits. Eg Pioneer AVH 4000NEX is about $600 and the one with in built pioneer GPS was over $1000..!! GPS headunits with built in Garmin / Tomtom / Magellan systems are even more expensive.
  • Most importantly check whether what ever gps system you plan to buy has Sri lanka maps..!! Otherwise its a total waste of money right?

KMeeg.

Garmin is the Only unit wok in SL with OSM maps. i'm using Garmin Nuvi Unit which i've used back in US in SL without any issue. it's way better than crappy SALA maps.

Edited by Ruslan

Garmin is the Only unit wok in SL with OSM maps. i'm using Garmin Nuvi Unit which i've used back in US in SL without any issue. it's way better than crappy SALA maps.

How detailed are the OSM compared to Google Maps? I know for sure in areas like Kandy Google Maps are more detailed than OSM. But then again in areas like Polonnaruwa Google Maps doesnt have much info. I wonder how OSM fares in remote regions compared to Gmaps.

Gosh Magnum, how do you remember the names so well? :) I remember the Vice City map and the mansion on the centre island. About the final mission, I remember it being a huge shoot out in the mansion. (reminded me of how the movie Scarface ended).

I remember those two names very well from VC cuz we get quite a lot of missions from them but i remember heck lot of names from SA :D

Now I am having doubts myself of what I remember whether it was the final shootout at the mansion or the Diaz mission. Last played it was in 2005! Think I yet do have the installs and the saved game and if I do get sometime might pull them out and check it :)

do remember using a trainer on VC.

Never played SA as it was same time I got the GTA IV and having installed both together, the graphics made me only play GTA IV.

Time taken to install and the space needed is making me not install GTA IV again to have an attempt at completing it..

Anyone played Driver San Fransisco?

This is brilliant news. Been using Mapfactor after reading it over here in the forums..

The mission that takes place in the mansion isnt the final one, you should play SA, in terms of graphics it maybe worse than IV but the story line is brilliant

The only thing I remember trying out was the "hot coffee" mod (or was it a cheat?) which unlocked all the hidden scenes with the girlfriends. :P

I used couple of vehicle mods in SA :D

Here's what i think.

KMeeg.

I don't currently own a smart phone, so probably buying a smart phone will be the cheapest option, plus I can use it for more complicated things other than maps :)

Okay so after a brief discussion about cartoon themes on the Mega Movies thread, I started watching my favourite cartoon theme songs on YouTube (this is not the first time). Just wanted to post a few here. Let me know if you guys enjoyed these too. And of course if I have left something out. I've listed only the cartoons that were on TV in Sri Lanka back in the 80s and 90s.

The ones in orange are the ones my sister forced me to watch. :P

I'll go alphabetically...

Babar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LUHCa_jnHE

Blinky Bill

Bobby's World

Bucky 'O Hare

Bump In The Night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEaC8qjV30c

Captain Planet

Care Bears

Comic Strip

Dennis The Menace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mggY1HzH8zE

Dinosaucers

Ewoks

Flintstones, The

G. I. Joe

Ghost Busters

He-Man

Kissyfur

Little Wizards (I cant seem to find the English intro for this)

M.A.S.K

Mask

Merry Melodies & Loony Tunes (Bugs Bunny, Donald, Tom & Jerry, Sylvester and so many other cartoons)

Mrs. Pepperpot

Pingu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHoUBmat14

Punky Brewster

Reboot (This is the first 3D animated show I've watched)

Road Runner

Rugrats

Saber Rider (And The Star Sheriffs)

Scooby Doo

She-Ra

Silver Hawks

Smurfs, The
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU2Jkc1cHrE

Sonic The Hedgehog

Speed Racer (The New Adventures of Speed Racer)

Teen Wolf

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

ThunderCats

Transformers

Voltron

Wish Kid

White Fang (The Legend of White Fang)

X-Men

This is all that comes to mind right now... For some reason, only the top two links are displayed as embedded videos in the post. Maybe it's a forum limitation per post. Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

• MADZ locked this topic