• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

• 2 weeks later...
UNP MP Ajith Mannapperuma, who had been in a motor accident that occurred on the Southern Expressway this afternoon had his leg amputated and was transferred to the Colombo National Hospital, UNP MP Eran Wickrameratne said.

It was learnt that more than 90% of his right leg had been damaged in the accident and doctors were trying to save the leg without amputating it. However, as his condition had deteriorated doctors had reluctantly taken the decision to amputate the leg below the knee.

plate.jpg

See how the safety railing pierce in to the vehicle right on where leg suppose to be staying.

Edited by hrm

plate.jpg

See how the safety railing pierce in to the vehicle right on the where leg suppose to be staying.

safety railing should not have sharp edges like this and should be curved on the edges.I heard the same thing happened during the accident of the Open Uni lecturers family last year.

This is what happens when highways are built according to Chinese standards,sigh..

• Like 1

safety railing should not have sharp edges like this and should be curved on the edges.I heard the same thing happened during the accident of the Open Uni lecturers family last year.

This is what happens when highways are built according to Chinese standards,sigh..

You cant exactly predict the behavior of metals during extremely high speed crashes.

The railings are designed to deflect the vehicle away from the edge. Depending on the angle it hits, one cannot determine how and where the metal will go.

Like all highways, I remember the safety railings on SL highways also being designed so that vehicles re deflected away upon collision, without piercing through it and causing damage like this. I think we have the type in the middle in the image below:

railendcomponents.jpg

The thing about our highways is that I don't think the railings are restored properly once an accident occurs. I'm sure most of you have seen twisted and warped railings everywhere on the highways. In this case, an end could have been exposed or not properly bolted on, resulting in it coming apart and going through the vehicle (and this gendleman's leg). Just a possibility.

• Like 1

The other thing to be taken from this is, tall vehicles with bouncy suspension like Prados, Monteros are not safe to be driven over the speed limits. They have a high center of gravity and sudden steering movement, or cornering at high speed could cause the driver to lose control.

Also on this occasion, if the vehicle was correctly deflected it would have been thrown to the other side of the road and who knows what could have happened then. From what I understand the safest thing to happen is for the barrier to bend and not break absorbing the impact?

Either way keep the vehicles in good order, don't drive under the influence, and drive at a safe speed. Its just not worth it. If you feel the need for speed, join the next organised car racing event! A lot safer for all!

If you guys are interested on Apple September Event? Here's the link for the live steaming - http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/

Note - You will need Safari 5.1.10 web browser to view this.

photo2_zpsfed18df6.png

For those who missed to watch -

1. Iphone 6 and Iphone 6 Plus was introduced.

2. Apple watch was introduced.

Edited by kmeeg

A little girl and her mother were out and about. The girl, out of the blue, asked her mother, "Mommy, How old are you?"

The mother responded, "Honey, women don't talk about their age. You'll learn this as you get older."

The girl then asked, "Mommy, how much do you weigh?"

Her mother responded again, "That's another thing women don't talk about. You'll learn this, too, as you grow up."

The girl still wanting to know about her mother, then fires off another question, "Mommy, Why did you and daddy get a divorce?"

The mother, a little annoyed by the questions, responded, "Honey, that is a subject that hurts me very much, and I don't want to talk about it now."

The little girl, frustrated, sulks until she is dropped off at a friend's house to play. She consults with her girlfriend about her and her mother's conversation. The girlfriend says, "All you have to do is sneak and look at your mother's driver's license. It's just a like a report card from school. It tells you everything."

Later, the little girl and her mother are out and about again. The little girl starts off with, "Mommy, Mommy, I know how old you are. I know how old you are. You're 32 years old."

The mother is very shocked. She asks, "Sweetheart, how do you know that?"

The little girl shrugs and says, "I just know. And I know how much you weigh. You weigh 130 pounds."

"Where did you learn that?"

The little girl says, "I just know. And I know why you and daddy got a divorce. You got an 'F' in sex."

• Like 5

A little girl and her mother were out and about. The girl, out of the blue, asked her mother, "Mommy, How old are you?"

The mother responded, "Honey, women don't talk about their age. You'll learn this as you get older."

Her mother responded again, "That's another thing women don't talk about. You'll learn this, too, as you grow up."

The girl still wanting to know about her mother, then fires off another question, "Mommy, Why did you and daddy get a divorce?"

The mother, a little annoyed by the questions, responded, "Honey, that is a subject that hurts me very much, and I don't want to talk about it now."

The little girl, frustrated, sulks until she is dropped off at a friend's house to play. She consults with her girlfriend about her and her mother's conversation. The girlfriend says, "All you have to do is sneak and look at your mother's driver's license. It's just a like a report card from school. It tells you everything."

Later, the little girl and her mother are out and about again. The little girl starts off with, "Mommy, Mommy, I know how old you are. I know how old you are. You're 32 years old."

The little girl shrugs and says, "I just know. And I know how much you weigh. You weigh 130 pounds."

The little girl says, "I just know. And I know why you and daddy got a divorce. You got an 'F' in sex."

lol :violent-smiley-027:

HAHAHA funny!

• MADZ locked this topic