• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Anyway we can't discount the fact that the XF in question is owned by an Indian, who is probably used to Ambassadors and the like. Also its maintained by Indian makabasses who are only used to welding pieces of steel to fix problems. So this would have an effect on the problems of the said XF as well.

Anyway we can't discount the fact that the XF in question is owned by an Indian, who is probably used to Ambassadors and the like.

You mean it isn't just another TATA ? (lol...just being sarcastic)

I hope there would be a follow-up article on what Jaguar did for the owner about his cattle drawn carriage :)

So after getting beaten by many of the members just thought of putting one more small note.. :sport-smiley-004: Also keep in mind this is from someone who don’t know a jackshit about technical things about cars. Just a regular user..

1. I’ve seen similar kind of story for BMW. Which we should not judge based on that.

2. Everything coming from India is not bad quality. I’ve driven Indian cars of my friends like Maruti 800 AC, Alto, Swift, etc and they are decent cars. In fact I like Maruti 800 ac for daily office traveling in traffic as it has decent fuel economy, decent A/C for the price paid, basic car with no power steering, no power shutters, no power mirrors, no brake boost.. Basically nothing to break kind of car or cheap to repair. (just to give and idea about indian cars which i like)

3. I think it would be fair to assume that a particular car is not a piece of junk if you see someone regularly using that car. No one would drive a car daily if the headlight stops working regularly or the bumper fall off regularly or any other major issues exists.

4. Could not find major reliability flaws with the ratings given by JD Power / KBB / Consumer reports / etc.. etc..

5. It is not fair to complain SL roads and weather conditions saying that cars cannot survive there. There are many develop countries where you can find pot holes or bad roads and might be hard to avoid them with the speed that everyone travels. When it comes to weather throughout the year the temperature is moderate and humidity does not change drastically in SL right? But there are lot of places with in a 12 month period the temperature goes from freezing cold to way hotter than SL and same extremes when it comes to humidity. And same story about dust, salt, pollen, etc etc.. Also there are many places the roads are very rough and have small gaps across the road to help braking while it snows. Those produce lot of road noise and vibration while driving in summer.

6. It could be a time in future many cars from different brands will come from India. Eg in some countries German cars not made in Germany or Korean cars not made in Korea or Japanese cars not made in Japan, Many are assembled in the same country. Basically any car would go through a quality inspection to pass a basic test and most of the time the dealer is doing another inspection before they deliver the car to the client. And sometimes dealers also do some changes. For an example if you live in a high altitude place your car will have a record like “PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE FOR USA ALL ALTITUDES” which is done at dealer location.

7. Most importantly if there is any problem with any brand-new car just give it to the dealer and get it fixed. ITS UNDER THE DAMN WARANTY..!! In many countries you are getting a courtesy vehicle (a free vehicle for the time dealership is keeping your car for repair).

Finally, below are some of the links that I searched about Jag..

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg
  • Like 1

So after getting beaten by many of the members just thought of putting one more small note.. :sport-smiley-004: Also keep in mind this is from someone who don’t know a jackshit about technical things about cars. Just a regular user..

1. I’ve seen similar kind of story for BMW. Which we should not judge based on that.

2. Everything coming from India is not bad quality. I’ve driven Indian cars of my friends like Maruti 800 AC, Alto, Swift, etc and they are decent cars. In fact I like Maruti 800 ac for daily office traveling in traffic as it has decent fuel economy, decent A/C for the price paid, basic car with no power steering, no power shutters, no power mirrors, no brake boost.. Basically nothing to break kind of car or cheap to repair. (just to give and idea about indian cars which i like)

3. I think it would be fair to assume that a particular car is not a piece of junk if you see someone regularly using that car. No one would drive a car daily if the headlight stops working regularly or the bumper fall off regularly or any other major issues exists.

4. Could not find major reliability flaws with the ratings given by JD Power / KBB / Consumer reports / etc.. etc..

5. It is not fair to complain SL roads and weather conditions saying that cars cannot survive there. There are many develop countries where you can find pot holes or bad roads and might be hard to avoid them with the speed that everyone travels. When it comes to weather throughout the year the temperature is moderate and humidity does not change drastically in SL right? But there are lot of places with in a 12 month period the temperature goes from freezing cold to way hotter than SL and same extremes when it comes to humidity. And same story about dust, salt, pollen, etc etc.. Also there are many places the roads are very rough and have small gaps across the road to help braking while it snows. Those produce lot of road noise and vibration while driving in summer.

6. It could be a time in future many cars from different brands will come from India. Eg in some countries German cars not made in Germany or Korean cars not made in Korea or Japanese cars not made in Japan, Many are assembled in the same country. Basically any car would go through a quality inspection to pass a basic test and most of the time the dealer is doing another inspection before they deliver the car to the client. And sometimes dealers also do some changes. For an example if you live in a high altitude place your car will have a record like “PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE FOR USA ALL ALTITUDES” which is done at dealer location.

7. Most importantly if there is any problem with any brand-new car just give it to the dealer and get it fixed. ITS UNDER THE DAMN WARANTY..!! In many countries you are getting a courtesy vehicle (a free vehicle for the time dealership is keeping your car for repair).

Finally, below are some of the links that I searched about Jag..

KMeeg.

Everyone here is talking about Jag reliability, you are talking about pros and cons of Indian cars. Whats the relevance ?

This is basically a "yanne koheda ? malle pol" kinda statement

• Like 2

Everyone here is talking about Jag reliability, you are talking about pros and cons of Indian cars. Whats the relevance ?

This is basically a "yanne koheda ? malle pol" kinda statement

Really?? Understood your capability of understanding the relevance or would assume you haven't read old replies to this topic.. Anyways atleast try to read the Vehicle dependability study link.. See if you can get something out of it to fill your 'Malla' other than 'Pol'.. :speechless-smiley-004:

If you still don't understand what i'm talking about. Forget it.. There was no a Jag reliability thread.. :lol:

KMeeg.

Nowadays a Jag is just an upscale TATA! Only less reliable.

Looks like CNX.. I found complains on Jag forums by the owners. Hope they will improve the quality. Also i'm not sure why major sites doesn't expose or clearly show the stats of these issues.

KMeeg.

Please don't believe these kind of news as it is. Talk to real new Jag owners or search on web.. In my opinion some news papers, TV News & news articles try the method called 'Gona ta andanawa'.. I feel sorry for the people who only rely on one source of news.

This is just my opinion and i can be dead wrong..

KMeeg.

Thanks MV-5 for the proof. Pretty surprising to see those. I'm seeing 2 Jag XFs in my office garage since last year and seems they are in good shape. I don't know the owners actually to talk and ask about their comments about the car.

KMeeg.

My mistake. I just assumed that they are good cars (At least not bad as what was mentioned in that news) because normally I see them in office parking.. Know that it has some issues but can't believe its that bad.. How could you believe issues like bumper falling off, headlight stop working?? But as I said, I don't know since I don't own them or talk to those owners. Will let you know if I had a chat with them.. Also 1 time I met one Jag X-type owner at cleen park but he was pretty happy with his car..

KMeeg..

Really?? Understood your capability of understanding the relevance or would assume you haven't read old replies to this topic.. Anyways atleast try to read the Vehicle dependability study link.. See if you can get something out of it to fill your 'Malla' other than 'Pol'.. :speechless-smiley-004:

If you still don't understand what i'm talking about. Forget it.. There was no a Jag reliability thread.. :lol:

KMeeg.

So what exactly are you smoking ?

So what exactly are you smoking ?

Hope at-least this will help you to understand this simple discussion.. I have map my points to the target posts..

Point #1. In reply to post number 6268
Point #2. In reply to post number 6278
Point #3. In reply to post number 6274
Point #4. In reply to post number 6272
Point #5. In reply to post number 6274
Point #6. New item. Just for information.
Point #7. New item. Just for information.
I'm just giving my opinion dude. Anyone have the right to say its wrong (Eg- check post #6268 where MV-5 prove that i was wrong) and i clearly say that i can be wrong. Why don't you share your information rather than posting things like this. It will help all of us to improve our knowledge of a particular discussion.. :prankster:
KMeeg.
PS - <Forget it.. There was no a Jag reliability thread..> meaning to <forget it and assume that i did not say anything about it..>.. Sigh...
Edited by kmeeg

More ratings from 2014 JDPower based on Overall Dependability, Powertrain Dependability, Body and Interior Dependability, Feature and Accessory Dependability.

Also just for info, that Jag won the 2013 Sales Satisfaction Index for Luxury category - http://ratings.jdpower.com/automotive/ratings/909201717/2013-Sales+Satisfaction+Index/index.htm (Of cause its not relevant to dependability topic but just for more information)

Visit http://www.jdpower.com/ and go to category Automotive for some more information,

KMeeg.

According to your theory i guess Ferrari is a suped up Fiat and Lamborghini is just a fancy VW

Absolutely correct. You got the point. Congratulations!

Anyway I'm happy for Lamborghini, they used to be just fast tractors!

Edited by CNX
  • Like 1

Absolutely correct. You got the point. Congratulations!

Anyway I'm happy for Lamborghini, they used to be just fast tractors!

Very inspiring story right? For anyone who don’t know about this read below about the tractor story..

From Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini

When Lamborghini discovered that the clutch on his Ferrari was broken, and was actually the same clutch that he used on his tractors, Lamborghini went to Ferrari and asked for a better replacement. Ferrari responded, saying that he was just a tractor maker, and could not know anything about sports cars.[20][21][22] Lamborghini decided to pursue an automobile manufacturing venture with the goal of bringing to life his vision of a perfect grand tourer.

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

Yes sir..

That car looks very familiar (cause of the rims and the colour). A guy at office had one that looks exactly like that and I don't see it in our car park anymore.

That car looks very familiar (cause of the rims and the colour). A guy at office had one that looks exactly like that and I don't see it in our car park anymore.

Yes Davy.. I migrated couple of years ago. But car is still at home & still in same good shape..

• MADZ locked this topic