• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

And look at those wanna be tattoos around Ponja's tities.

Sad thing is that there will be long queues to watch this piece of crap of a recorded nonsense (calling it a film would disgrace the entire movie industry on the planet) and the f**ks who created this will brag about this being the pinnacle of Sri Lankan commercial film scene. How sad!

Adooo, you are dissing what will surely be my favorite movie of the year!

Adooo, you are dissing what will surely be my favorite movie of the year!

Ooooops, sorry peri... I'm also starting to like this now.. Especially the hero with the tattoos around man boobs, One could get hypnotized by merely looking at them for couple of seconds... Ha ha ha

ado we should go watch this. the lot of us. i'm serious! its so much more fun when you have some to laugh at it with!

Ado you should've posted this on auto lanka mega movie thread... Ha ha ha are you serious btw? No way in hell I'm going to see that in a film hall.

I guess this is another strategy by cigarette companies to indirectly fight against the pictorial warnings, diluting the message by dragging others in to it. Don't get caught. The fact is that cigarettes cause more health hazards to the smokers as well as those around them than any of the other things mentioned. There is no safe limit for smoking, even one cigarette is bad for your health where as drinking in moderation or the occasional burger will not cause any problem.

• Like 4

I guess this is another strategy by cigarette companies to indirectly fight against the pictorial warnings, diluting the message by dragging others in to it. Don't get caught. The fact is that cigarettes cause more health hazards to the smokers as well as those around them than any of the other things mentioned. There is no safe limit for smoking, even one cigarette is bad for your health where as drinking in moderation or the occasional burger will not cause any problem.

Hi All,

May be you guys will not agree. But I was never in to smoking or alcohol. When ever I was with my friends in a party or trip or anything I’ll just have a juice or something like that. That could be 1 reason I save few extra bucks for a hobby or for some gas to go places with my family& friends and enjoy more..

KMeeg.

Hi All,

May be you guys will not agree. But I was never in to smoking or alcohol. When ever I was with my friends in a party or trip or anything I’ll just have a juice or something like that. That could be 1 reason I save few extra bucks for a hobby or for some gas to go places with my family& friends and enjoy more..

KMeeg.

Amen to that! Boozing isn't cheap at all, especially if you're out clubbing and pay for it by the glass.

I am not a smoker but I for one, am against this pictorial warning nonsense.

If you want to kill yourself, its your problem. Existing laws about public smoking is enough to protect others, as long as they are enforced.

• Like 2

If you want to kill yourself, its your problem. Existing laws about public smoking is enough to protect others, as long as they are enforced.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"

I agree with you; we can't force other people's decisions, they know what they're getting themselves into, it's their call!

If you think existing laws are enough, I question weather you live here. Plenty of no-smoking spaces filled with smoke thanks to "Thamusay dannawada mama kauda kiyala" types. And more than that, they drop about 50k per night on booze and smokes so the "no smoking" establishment won't kick them out.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink"

I agree with you; we can't force other people's decisions, they know what they're getting themselves into, it's their call!

With smoking, its not about them. Other people around them have to suffer so they can smoke too. Not to mention the smell is bloody awful and get absorbed into other peoples clothes too. True PITA taking pics in clubs.

I say let the smokers smoke. When they get sick due to smoking related issues, deny them state sponsored medical attention. My dad is a chain smoker since 16. Still goes through a pack a day. I have told him that when he gets sick I will not be taking him to the hospital or spend for his medicine. I'd rather use that money on a set of new tyres. One must live with the choices you make in life.

If you think existing laws are enough, I question weather you live here. Plenty of no-smoking spaces filled with smoke thanks to "Thamusay dannawada mama kauda kiyala" types. And more than that, they drop about 50k per night on booze and smokes so the "no smoking" establishment won't kick them out.

BTW the pictorial warnings won't help for the "Thamusay dannawada mama kauda kiyala" issue either

Edited by Crosswind

On the topic of smoking:

That's just 400. Imagine the lungs of a person who has been smoking for 20 years, a pack a day. :fuma3:

Edited by Davy

The number of larynxes we've removed... It's just butchery. I'm in ENT surgery guys. Literally the guy behind the camera on this one.

I strongly believe cigarettes should not be sold to anyone born after 2000ad.

But like our economy, I wonder how many others are sustained by tobacco revenue

The number of larynxes we've removed... It's just butchery. I'm in ENT surgery guys. Literally the guy behind the camera on this one.

I strongly believe cigarettes should not be sold to anyone born after 2000ad.

But like our economy, I wonder how many others are sustained by tobacco revenue

Government earns its highest tax revenue from Tobaco taxation, highly doubt if they will ban it.

On a different note i think we should impose a fine or a tax on people who are admitted to government hospitals for medical conditions related to tobacco. We are wasting public money on helping people who dont value their own life, money which could be well spent for some deserving cause.

• Like 1

Government earns its highest tax revenue from Tobaco taxation, highly doubt if they will ban it.

On a different note i think we should impose a fine or a tax on people who are admitted to government hospitals for medical conditions related to tobacco. We are wasting public money on helping people who dont value their own life, money which could be well spent for some deserving cause.

the problem is there is no direct way to prove cigarette smoking caused cancer. it just increases your risk. a lot. but its not like 100% of smokers get cancer. a significant percentage of lung cancers are not by smoking. walter white is a good fictional example.

there;s more basis in that sense to tax people who are admitted under the influence of alcohol. because we have ways of detecting alcohol intoxication, and we know the safe limits. i just sutured the face of a 20 year old last night in the emergency who had gotten into a drunken brawl. he was singing songs while on table, and before i could anaesthetise he lolled off into lala land.

saved me the trouble of giving him anaesthetic.

BTW the pictorial warnings won't help for the "Thamusay dannawada mama kauda kiyala" issue either

You need to have a broader view on this because passive smoking kills too and the laws will not protect friends and family of a smoker . The other issue is we have 'free health' in this country which means the tax payer has to foot the bill when these guys end up in hospital with heart attacks, strokes, cancer etc utilizing scares resources.

• MADZ locked this topic