• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Speaking of which, one BA Concorde made a visit in the mid or late '90s to Katunayake. That was the only time it came to Sri Lanka sadly.

Yep i heard it came here once, i found out yesterday it used fly to New York from London in less than half time it takes now :o

Yes indeed. so far there's no replacement or any revise version for that design failure isn't it?

They stopped it after it crashed when taking off(it wasn't its fault) and i dont think it meets presents emission standards

Charith H Jayasinghe,

There are many things you can watch on the web. Like all telephone conversations of GSM.

Overseas Police fire rescue operations conversations.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

What is that?

You should realize that things like Sylvi says this should be taken with a bowlful of salt and not taken too seriously.

• Like 2

Yep i heard it came here once, i found out yesterday it used fly to New York from London in less than half time it takes now :o

They stopped it after it crashed when taking off(it wasn't its fault) and i dont think it meets presents emission standards

I don't know about its emission standards machan, but I've heard the failure was that its engines are situated behind rear landing gears which has led or possibility of lead to engine blown ups after rubber / metal particles break off from the tires / runaway hits on engine.

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

This may be the one you are referring. Today I could click some photos. :)

glem.jpg

I can see you lol :D

I don't know about its emission standards machan, but I've heard the failure was that its engines are situated behind rear landing gears which has led or possibility of lead to engine blown ups after rubber / metal particles break off from the tires / runaway hits on engine.

Wikipedia says " According to the official investigation conducted by the Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile (BEA), the crash was caused by a metallic strip that fell from aContinental Airlines DC-10 that had taken off minutes earlier."

That, machan is a violation of other peoples privacy, and clinically demonstrated voyeurism!!

Komposiripala,

My belated reply was due to a unavoidable cause.

I will give you a link under for your listening.

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=9807

Please click left hand side top box

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

PS

There is a member who wants to have an unwanted exchange of posts towards me. I will ignore him even my first post to this thread the joint moderator posted without knowing the facts of the thread correct meaning what. I am not a fool to answer any more posts because I think MY explanation post was correct.

You thought wrong. As usual. Your explanations are as stupid as the rest of your posts, so give it a rest.

you were also planing a trip in Australia some time back I remember. What happened to that?

For starters bike rental was crazy (more than AUD100 a day); Then I learnt that the insurance was going to be a killer. Then the offer on the cheap (flight) ticket I was eyeing ran out; and then some safety flags were raised by a number of friends on and off the forum; so it just didn't fall into place. At least I learnt something from all the research.

:)

I found the the perfect road trip quite boring in fact; too unrealistic, and in a way a bit mundane.

exactly, it was no where near my expectation! i enjoyed that Africa episode far more than this

• MADZ locked this topic