• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Through a photo sharing site (photobucket, flicker, etc) is the easiest, but I think you can attach one or two to the forum directly (although I've never used it)

Ya machan someone here told me how to do it but i just cant remember it now. Iv done it before too still i cant remember

@nzer i usually upload photos using imageshack...i think thats easy

btw "blitz" is silent these days ....didnt see his usuall stuff on the thread specially the hot chicks :)

Edited by dreamracer

btw "blitz" is silent these days ....didnt see his usuall stuff on the thread specially the hot chicks :)

hehe,, sorry bro. abroad these days.. got some stuff i'l upload them :)

Im really a dud when it comes to comps machan, i dont know how to use imageshack :sad-smiley-067:

It's easy, just upload the image and copy the link that says "direct link" or similar and paste it on the "Image" option on the forum reply. (It's the 11th option from Bold, Italic and Underline options).

Im really a dud when it comes to comps machan, i dont know how to use imageshack :sad-smiley-067:

For the benefit of all the members, I'm posting an imageshack basic tutorial.

1. Visiting imageshack:

Go to http://imageshack.us/

2. Getting registered

You have to register at the site before using the service. You can use your Facebook user name and password if you wish or you can provide separate credentials. Register by clicking the "Sign Up" link at the top right corner of the imageshack home page.

Complete the sign up form and submit your details. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide (so enter a valid email address that you have access to). Open up the email account and check your mail. There should be an email from imageshack with a link to confirm your email address (i.e. activate your imageshack account). Once you click the link, you will be taken to imageshack and a message will be given based on the status of your activation (successful/unsuccessful).

If successful, you can now use imageshack.

3. Logging in

You can login by clicking the "Login" link at the top right corner of the imageshack home page. If you are already logged in, there will be a "Sign Out" link instead, next to the username you provided. Next to the username will be another link named "(my images)". Clicking on this link will take you to a page on which you can access the previous images that you have uploaded.

4. Uploading a new image

After logging in to imageshack, you will see a rectangular region towards the left of the web page which lets you upload an image. Click on the "Browse" button and select an image on your computer's local disk drive, USB drives, CD or other removable media and click "Open". The image will be uploaded and the browse button will allow you to add more images if you wish.

When it comes to image sizes, it's advisible to leave it selected to 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 so that large image sizes won't affect the forum pages' loading time. But if you wish to show details of an image which requires the image to be of considerable size, then you can go for 1024 x 768 or larger. If the image that you are trying to upload is of the size that you require, then select "Do not resize".

After uploading all the images, click "UPLOAD NOW". If you upload a single image, you will be redirected to a page on which the link to share the image is shown. Copy the direct link as shown below and share it on the forum. (Details will follow). If you have uploaded multiple images, you will be re-directed to "my images".

5. Getting the link for an image

Click on the icon labeled "i" next to the image you wish to share. And copy the direct link.

imageshackkr.png

6. Posting an image on the forum

Go back to the forum and click on the "Image" icon on the toolbar. You will be shown a pop up window to paste the link of the image you just copied. Paste and click OK.

addimage.png

7. Links to other sites and files

You may also provide links to other sites and files (provided that you are not violating any forum regulations) as follows. Simply type the link text, select it, and select "Link" from the toolbar and provide the link on the pop-up window and click OK.

addlink.png

Hope this helps NZer and other members who maybe wondering the same. Keep posting! :)

Edit: Corrected a typo

Edited by Davy
  • Like 5

There are other sites to see pics of hot chicks :D

It's easy, just upload the image and copy the link that says "direct link" or similar and paste it on the "Image" option on the forum reply. (It's the 11th option from Bold, Italic and Underline options).

Thank you so much machan

For the benefit of all the members, I'm posting an imageshack basic tutorial.

1. Visiting imageshack:

Go to http://imageshack.us/

2. Getting registered

You have to register at the site before using the service. You can use your Facebook user name and password if you wish or you can provide separate credentials. Register by clicking the "Sign Up" link at the top right corner of the imageshack home page.

Complete the sign up form and submit your details. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide (so enter a valid email address that you have access to). Open up the email account and check your mail. There should be an email from imageshack with a link to confirm your email address (i.e. activate your imageshack account). Once you click the link, you will be taken to imageshack and a message will be given based on the status of your activation (successful/unsuccessful).

If successful, you can now use imageshack.

3. Logging in

You can login by clicking the "Login" link at the top right corner of the imageshack home page. If you are already logged in, there will be a "Sign Out" link instead, next to the username you provided. Next to the username will be another link named "(my images)". Clicking on this link will take you to a page on which you can access the previous images that you have uploaded.

4. Uploading a new image

After logging in to imageshack, you will see a rectangular region towards the left of the web page which lets you upload an image. Click on the "Browse" button and select an image on your computer's local disk drive, USB drives, CD or other removable media and click "Open". The image will be uploaded and the browse button will allow you to add more images if you wish.

When it comes to image sizes, it's advisible to leave it selected to 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 so that large image sizes won't affect the forum pages slow. But if you wish to show details of an image which require the image to be of considerable size, then you can go for 1024 x 768 or larger. If the image that you are trying to upload is of the size that you require, then select "Do not resize".

After uploading all the images, click "UPLOAD NOW". If you upload a single image, you will be redirected to a page on which the link to share the image is shown. Copy the direct link as shown below and share it on the forum. (Details will follow). If you have uploaded multiple images, you will be re-directed to "my images".

5. Getting the link for an image

Click on the icon labeled "i" next to the image you wish to share. And copy the direct link.

imageshackkr.png

6. Posting an image on the forum

Go back to the forum and click on the "Image" icon on the toolbar. You will be shown a pop up window to paste the link of the image you just copied. Paste and click OK.

addimage.png

7. Links to other sites and files

You may also provide links to other sites and files (provided that you are not violating any forum regulations) as follows. Simply type the link text, select it, and select "Link" from the toolbar and provide the link on the pop-up window and click OK.

addlink.png

Hope this helps NZer and other members who maybe wondering the same. Keep posting! :)

Oh machan your a legend. Thanks heaps.

On the topic of Beetles, I traveled in a mid Fifties VW beetle on Sunday. Lovely! Apparently my parents had a VW beetle before it was sold and the KSev took its place. Would I have liked the beetle instead of the KSev? :smilie_liebe9:

On the topic of Beetles, I traveled in a mid Fifties VW beetle on Sunday. Lovely! Apparently my parents had a VW beetle before it was sold and the KSev took its place. Would I have liked the beetle instead of the KSev? :smilie_liebe9:

4drf.jpg

Would u like this Beetle? :sad-smiley-067:

what do you guys think of my first car? :D 1966 vw beatle 1300 cc

Congratulations mate! Good choice! Hope you take good care of her.

By the way, my dad had a Beetle and the number was 4 Sri 5791. :)

• MADZ locked this topic