• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Water Leak From Tail Lights

Strikeee

Question

Hi,

I recently bought a Honda Accord CD5 and I found that water is leaking in to the trunk from the both tail lights ( the places where there are body joints inside)

What can i do to stop this water leaks?

Thank you in advance

4 answers to this question

Go to a panel beater and ask him to have a look. My guess is that your car might had an accident and who ever fixed it before didn't do a good job.I had a similar problem with one of my cars and it turned out to be the rubber seals around the boot did not made a proper water seal.. (due to a previous accident repair)

this is a problem that was common in lots of hondas and toyotas in certain years. check whether you have a access hole or you have to remove the whole lense to replace bulbs. if you dont have to remove the whole tail light assembly to change the bulbs i would use silicone RTV and seal between the body and the lense. other wise you can buy a rubber gasket materiel that you can cut to fit and place between the lense and the body. make sure the trunk sure the spare wheel area is not filled with water. if its filled with water there is a rubber plug that you can remove to empty it.