• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Better Option..

abcjayasinghe

Question

Finally I've decided on selling my old carina 192 and to go for an upgrade....My budget is 2.5 - 2.6mil at most.

I've narrowed down my choices to following ,

1. 2005-2006 corolla 121 1300cc

2. 2006-2007 vitz 1000cc

3. 2003-2004 vios 1.500cc

what would be the best option out of above taking the following into consideration,

1. daily use 50-60km in up country

2. acceptable comfortability and fuel efficiency

3. maintainance cost

I know people hate 1300cc sedans but, i hope 121 1300cc is not too bad on fuel (would love to have a 1500cc but definitely beyond my reach)

Thanks

19 answers to this question

Finally I've decided on selling my old carina 192 and to go for an upgrade....My budget is 2.5 - 2.6mil at most.

2. 2006-2007 vitz 1000cc

what would be the best option out of above taking the following into consideration,

3. maintainance cost

I know people hate 1300cc sedans but, i hope 121 1300cc is not too bad on fuel (would love to have a 1500cc but definitely beyond my reach)

Thanks

Why not just keep the Carina you currently have? If you've got cosmetic / mechanical issues: You could simply fix it up and hang on to it for less couldn't you? IMO that'd be more appealing than the options you've listed...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Why are just keep the Carina you currently have? If you've got cosmetic / mechanical issues: You could simply fix it up and hang on to it for less couldn't you? IMO that'd be more appealing than the options you've listed...

If have money & kind of fed up now having the same car, better do an upgrade.

Since u used to 1.5L car, & u in up country, I suggest you Vios Manual Trans.

If have money & kind of fed up now having the same car, better do an upgrade.

Since u used to 1.5L car, & u in up country, I suggest you Vios Manual Trans.

I suppose. Although it seems like a waste to give up a Carina / full size car and pick up a Corolla. As for the other two: Centre mounted dashboards drive me nuts...I'm biased I guess.

Edited by Kavvz

I would go for a Carina 211/212

But, still, that would be quite an old one (late 90s), isn't it? would it be wise to spend 2.6mil on a car which is already 15 years (or, may be more) old? I would rather go for a bit newer one.

But, still, that would be quite an old one (late 90s), isn't it? would it be wise to spend 2.6mil on a car which is already 15 years (or, may be more) old? I would rather go for a bit newer one.

Not at All. It's unnecessarily over priced.

If that the case, plz stick to what u currently have. It's rather better.

And open a fixed Deposit. :D

Why not just keep the Carina you currently have? If you've got cosmetic / mechanical issues: You could simply fix it up and hang on to it for less couldn't you? IMO that'd be more appealing than the options you've listed...

Your point is taken...but, it's kinda boring feeling to have the same car for so long....would prefer a change after all this long years as, IMO, anyone would.

Id choose a Vios from that list.

its a all around good reliable car. and the car is economical even a auto does around 12kmpl, the ride's very comfortable as well

the 1ltr vitz and the 1.3ltr 121 is a bit underpowered. Also, i dont think it will be possible to find a 2005-2006 facelift 121 for your budget.

also like magnum said a 2000,2001 carina will be a good choice as well.. its better build compared to others. especially compared to the vitz.

• Like 1

2. 2006-2007 vitz 1000cc

3. maintainance cost

Thanks

from your list i say go for a vios than both vitz and and 1.3L corolla.

2. 2006-2007 vitz 1000cc

3. maintainance cost

Thanks

Just a suggestion..... why not a Mitsubushi Lancer CS1? you can get a newer car and a value for money deal. A well maintained Lancer is better than a badly maintained vios anyday... and yes, it can climb mountains, mechanics can repair lancers and parts are available.. as for reselling, any car can be sold if it's priced right.

Look on the bright side, Carina is a well made hardy car, its heavier and bigger than the cars you have mentioned

plus "My Road" comes with more features than the cars mentioned in the list too.

..... why not a Mitsubushi Lancer CS1?
Lancer or Sunny N16(N17)

May be I'm biased to narrow down to three Toyotas.

I personally don't like N16/17 Autos as they are pretty bad on fuel but, I would consider a manual if I come across a well maintained one.

About lancer cs1, I must admit that I have very little or no idea .

Edited by abcjayasinghe

So who ask to buy "badly maintained vios" & who buy?

Jusk kidding :D

You'll be amazed to know there are a number of people who'd recommend a 15 year old Toyota over a five year old Jap of a different brand, simply because they think the Toyota's never breakdown :)

May be I'm biased to narrow down to three Toyotas.

I personally don't like N16/17 Autos as they are pretty bad on fuel but, I would consider a manual if I come across a well maintained one.

About lancer cs1, I must admit that I have very little or no idea .

The few I know who've used this are a quite happy with the car in terms of economy and reliability. As for knowledge, I don't think there are many who'd have an indepth technical knowledge about the car they drive. But we all get along, don't we?