• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Ek3 Fluctuating Rpm, Iac Valve Problem?

G-Rider

Hi Guys,

My EK3 has a problem of fluctuating RPM when Idle. When I start the car, RPM is near to 2000 and after few minutes it starts rapidly changing between 800- 2000.

As I heard from internet, this kind of things happens due to bad IAC valve. In past also I had the same problem and I replaced the IAC senser with a used one and it only solved the problem for a year. Now Again I faced the same problem.

Yesterday, I unplugged the IAC valve and cleaned it and fixed. Now, the RPM fluctuation seems to be solved. But I still feel the idle is not stable and I can now see the "Check Engine" is lighting.

I just checked the prices of genuine IAC valve in panchikawaththa and they said it is around 27000/= :speechless-smiley-003: .

Can you please tell me above problem is due to the problematic IAC valve?

Is recondition part a better option than buying the brand new one for above big price (Considering the price and the long lasting)? If so, what's the price of a recon one?

Thanks

What's your engine type B16A or B16B or any other? Just want to sort out if it comes with Fast Idle Thermo Valve in addition to IAC. You may get CEL with DTC14 if you have a faulty IAC. Do you get the CEL immediately after a cold start or is it appearing after the engine has warmed up?

What's your engine type B16A or B16B or any other? Just want to sort out if it comes with Fast Idle Thermo Valve in addition to IAC. You may get CEL with DTC14 if you have a faulty IAC. Do you get the CEL immediately after a cold start or is it appearing after the engine has warmed up?

If its an EK3, most likely it would be a D15B engine.

edit - if the CEL is on, why don't you do a scan in first place. The error code will let you know the culprit, cause trouble in your engine. At least it will give an idea where to start.

Edited by MkX

Hi,

I checked the engine again and found that one sensor (Don't know the name. It's the sensor connected to the Air filter box) was not plugged in correctly. Connector was only inserted halfway to the socket accidentally. So, its my mistake getting the "Check Engine" light. :action-smiley-060:

So, after correcting it, the "Check Engine" light turned off and engine seems to be running good.

Thanks all for the help so far.

Edited by G-Rider

Hi,

I checked the engine again and found that one sensor (Don't know the name. It's the sensor connected to the Air filter box) was not plugged in correctly. Connector was only inserted halfway to the socket accidentally. So, its my mistake getting the "Check Engine" light. :action-smiley-060:

So, after correcting it, the "Check Engine" light turned off and engine seems to be running good.

Thanks all for the help so far.

but still you have the fluctuating rpm isnt it ?

but still you have the fluctuating rpm isnt it ?

No.

Initially I had. Once the IAC valve is cleaned, fluctuation has gone and "check engine" lighted.Then I properly plugged the other sensor found in air filter box and check engine also solved.

So, now my car seems to be totally fine (Atleast for now :-) )

Thanks ..

If its an EK3, most likely it would be a D15B engine.

edit - if the CEL is on, why don't you do a scan in first place. The error code will let you know the culprit, cause trouble in your engine. At least it will give an idea where to start.

G-Rider himself is the culprit! :pardon:

This happens in Hondas with PGM - FI system when there is a vacuum leak towards the intake manifld or a false reading in the MAP sensor. PGM tries to bring the RPM down after a cold start but because of the vacuum leak (real or interpreted) it goes up again and the cycle repeats itself.

Edited by Rumesh88

This happens in Hondas with PGM - FI system when there is a vacuum leak towards the intake manifld or a false reading in the MAP sensor. PGM tries to bring the RPM down after a cold start but because of the vacuum leak (real or interpreted) it goes up again and the cycle repeats itself.

Thanks Rumesh for the details...