• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Micro Rexton

BAnuradha

Dear All,

Planning to buy micro Rexton. ( Budget around 5.ml)

I would like to know about reliability , maintenance cost and fuel consumption other pros and cons....

Appreciate comments from Rexton users and experts.

BAnuradha,

My family has new from micro for lat 5 years. It is a very good SUW. With, Diesel engine. Mercedes Benz 2.7 Liter.

Have done just over 50000 Kilometers. 4 Tires were changed at 40000 Kilometers. Fuel readings are which we get 10 to 11 kilometers on long trips.

Three weeks ago 5 of us went to Mathara on EO1. Just to check stability. 150 kilometers, for a short distance it is perfect stability, good comfortable drive.

Check all service records. To my knowledge all are permit vehicles. A/L carried few advertisements in the past.

Once had to change the belt adjuster drive and the belt due to a fault of the adjuster Racer. Company replaced the new part cost with the service was 22000.00 Rupees.

Rextons selling prices had dropped of that age Rextons. I saw few advertisements under 4 million Rupees. Reading. High Kilometers used.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear All,

Planning to buy micro Rexton. ( Budget around 5.ml)

I would like to know about reliability , maintenance cost and fuel consumption other pros and cons....

Appreciate comments from Rexton users and experts.

Have read through....

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/ssangyong/rexton-4x4/summary/23734-3

BAnuradha,

My family has new from micro for lat 5 years. It is a very good SUW. With, Diesel engine. Mercedes Benz 2.7 Liter.

Have done just over 50000 Kilometers. 4 Tires were changed at 40000 Kilometers. Fuel readings are which we get 10 to 11 kilometers on long trips.

Three weeks ago 5 of us went to Mathara on EO1. Just to check stability. 150 kilometers, for a short distance it is perfect stability, good comfortable drive.

Check all service records. To my knowledge all are permit vehicles. A/L carried few advertisements in the past.

Once had to change the belt adjuster drive and the belt due to a fault of the adjuster Racer. Company replaced the new part cost with the service was 22000.00 Rupees.

Rextons selling prices had dropped of that age Rextons. I saw few advertisements under 4 million Rupees. Reading. High Kilometers used.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Yes We've seen a white Rexton which tried to check it's stability on the E01, no offense.

For 4mill it seems worth(compared to 141s and allions) as I don't think the santafe will be available below 4.5mill.

The Santafe and Rexton are world apart.

If possible it's better to go for the santafe.

Edited by Clark's son

BAnuradha,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,

I m also afraid about this Rexton second hand market. what do u think about 1995 Mitsubishi 2800 64-XXXXX

no offense sylvi but. the rexton isnt that stable at highspeed.

i have been in one on the A9 road and the ride was unstable.

anyway OP if u are not gonna go all "POWERRRRR" its value for money

BAnuradha,

1995 Mitsubishi 2800 64-XXXXX. is more than 15 years old. Specialty Diesel engines has to be repaired in shorter intervals than Gasoline engines.

Older the vehicle engine suspension problems are there. As you can effort 5 M, try to go for a newer vehicle, instead of a vehicle more than 6 years old.

If you go for a older vehicle there will be no end for visiting repair shops. Hunting for spares, Body corrosion.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

BAnuradha,

1995 Mitsubishi 2800 64-XXXXX. is more than 15 years old. Specialty Diesel engines has to be repaired in shorter intervals than Gasoline engines.

Older the vehicle engine suspension problems are there. As you can effort 5 M, try to go for a newer vehicle, instead of a vehicle more than 6 years old.

If you go for a older vehicle there will be no end for visiting repair shops. Hunting for spares, Body corrosion.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

No offence Sylvi, but I dont think you are qualified enough to give opinions of vehicles. For you, if you or your family (or your neighbour) have owned the vehicle its a good vehicle (Ex: your chinese van, your indian van, your daughter's lancer, neighbor's Nanos and now your relative's rexton) But as soon as you sell the vehicle you start talking crap about it.

Anuradha,

Make note that the 15 year old mitsubishi still being of a high market value is a sign that the vehicle is sought after by people. And by sylvi's own admission his brand new rexton also needed part replacements in its short lifespan. And unlike the pajero for which you will find spare parts in any major town, for the rexton you'll be at the mercy of the agent and have t pay whatever price that ask for.

And like Peri, i find it amusing that you're worried about the 2nd hand market.. Clearly the market for the rexton isn't as high as a jap brand. Which is why you're looking at a 5 year old rexton and not a 5 year old mitsubishi or toyota.

• Like 3

Anuradha,

Make note that the 15 year old mitsubishi still being of a high market value is a sign that the vehicle is sought after by people. And by sylvi's own admission his brand new rexton also needed part replacements in its short lifespan. And unlike the pajero for which you will find spare parts in any major town, for the rexton you'll be at the mercy of the agent and have t pay whatever price that ask for.

You are absolutely correct. Even the older Palathsabha Pajero is still being sought after by people because of the reliability, quality and ruggedness.

IMO the Rexton is also heading the same way as the Ssyangyong Musso, which made its entry with a lot of fanfare but has hastily left the scene!

• Like 1

No offence Sylvi, but I dont think you are qualified enough to give opinions of vehicles. For you, if you or your family (or your neighbour) have owned the vehicle its a good vehicle (Ex: your chinese van, your indian van, your daughter's lancer, neighbor's Nanos and now your relative's rexton) But as soon as you sell the vehicle you start talking crap about it.

Anuradha,

And like Peri, i find it amusing that you're worried about the 2nd hand market.. Clearly the market for the rexton isn't as high as a jap brand. Which is why you're looking at a 5 year old rexton and not a 5 year old mitsubishi or toyota.

+1 agree with you watchman. if i were you il go for a 64 or 65 intercooler turbo pajero.

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=119824

this is the one am refering. there are so many with solid condition if you serach fella.

CJ5,

I read your post 3 with contains almost all negative replies. That is not in S L.

Our country things are different. Anything can be repaired with minimum cost.

Cost what we paid few years ago for two own permit vehicles one Japanese, only we still have one vehicle. To my opinion it is still worth.

The topic starter wanted a Rexton therefore I posted my first hand information.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

BAnuradha,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

CJ5,

I read your post 3 with contains almost all negative replies. That is not in S L.

Cost what we paid few years ago for two own permit vehicles one Japanese, only we still have one vehicle. To my opinion it is still worth.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, you are contradicting yourself aren't you.

In your first post you are against buying a old vehicle because there will be repairs and parts replacements etc etc. But within 24 hours you say that anything can be repaired with minimal cost.

And even more ironically, you say that a the pajero with a very straight forward diesel engine will have endless repairs, but the Rexton which is packed with a Common-rail engine, tiptronic transmission and loads of other fancy electronics can be repaired at minimal cost. Shouldnt it be the other way around?? And mind you, the "hunting for spares" for the pajero will be a 100 times easier than waiting weeks/months for the Rexton agent to get parts down from korea...

Once again, I goto my initial point: To you anything is good as long as you have it or someone you know has it.. everything else is a piece of cr@p. This shows your lack of integrity and poor character. Shame!

PS: And unlike your Rexton's Rs.22,000, I'm sure a belt pulley on a pajero can be replaced for 1/10 the cost...Rs.100-200 for the bearing itself and maybe 1000-2000 for labour.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

CJ5,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Ummmm.Sylvi....i don't have 3 posts on this thread and actually this is the 3rd, before this only 2 posts. :)

In the 1st post I gave a link about a review of the Rexton done by a car magazine. In the second I was agreeing with a posting by Watchman.

So what are the "all negative replies" you mention?????? :action-smiley-012:

Ummmm.Sylvi....i don't have 3 posts on this thread and actually this is the 3rd, before this only 2 posts. :)

In the 1st post I gave a link about a review of the Rexton done by a car magazine. In the second I was agreeing with a posting by Watchman.

He means your link on post number three on this thread, probably. Which I guess has negative things?

Man has no idea how to express things, despite all the boasts about education, silver spoons and Queen's English.

BAnuradha,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Its actually the other way round

"diesel engine is well regarded as having a longer lifespan than a petrol engine. Diesel engines are built with very robust components, with fewer moving parts, and diesel fuel itself is a good lubricant, reducing wear on the engine’s components. As a result, diesels are known for their longevity, with engines that typically last longer than the rest of the vehicle.

There are no definitive facts and figures on how much longer the lifespan of a diesel engine is when compared to a petrol engine. This information is not conclusive because there are a number of different factors that can influence the lifespan of any type of engine:

• Different manufacturers have different lifespans.
  • How are the cars driven?
  • Are the cars serviced as recommended by the maintenance service schedule?
  • Are the cars used for long distance travel or short city commutes?
  • The size of the engine?
  • Etc. etc.

The general rule of thumb is that a diesel powered engine should last twice as long as a petrol equivalent. A petrol equivalent engine is estimated to last around 240,000km. Which means the diesel engine should last 480,000km. According to the ABS web-site (www.abs.gov.au) the average age of a car on Australian roads is 10 years old and the average kms travelled is 15,000 per year. So, the average 10 year old car in Australia has 150,000kms on the odometer. According to the stats, a petrol powered car would have another (approx) 90,000kms of life left before it dies (or that would need some fairly significant work)– which is another 6 years of motoring.

Edited by Magnum

I think
It's better to go for a 5 year old Kia or Hyundai for that budget, rather than a 15-20 year old jap.

And if the 5mill can be extended a little bit(5.2mill) you can go for a montero sport 2008.

But the santafe is good enough.

And if what you are looking for is a good looking, good performing vehicle the hyundai is better.

We maintained it at the company and the cost is only marginaly high than maintaining it elsewhere.

Parts are also cheaper than jap parts bought brand new.

But if you want to find cheap parts at panchikawatta and spend time around that place the 15 year old jap will be there.

CJ5,

I am not trying to argue on your post

My post means the #3 post.

Negative replies are full on that site.

Suffers from stodgy handling, vague steering and so many others. in UK.

In S/L few hundreds were sold mostly for permits. Still permit buyers are buying,

When a new vehicle made in a country they try to sell same at competitive price.

Japanese vehicles no one wanted in early 1960s. Only after expo70 they developed god quality vehicles.

In Japan 1970 also had big quantity used most UK USA Italian German vehicles?

I have been to Japan for the Expo 70, in 1970 I saw this myself. Amount of forign made vehicles.

If you read automobile history there is plenty of evidence for quality. vehicles and they have survived others had to close down?

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

CJ5,

I am not trying to argue on your post

My post means the #3 post.

Negative replies are full on that site.

Suffers from stodgy handling, vague steering and so many others. in UK.

In S/L few hundreds were sold mostly for permits. Still permit buyers are buying,

When a new vehicle made in a country they try to sell same at competitive price.

Japanese vehicles no one wanted in early 1960s. Only after expo70 they developed god quality vehicles.

In Japan 1970 also had big quantity used most UK USA Italian German vehicles?

I have been to Japan for the Expo 70, in 1970 I saw this myself. Amount of forign made vehicles.

If you read automobile history there is plenty of evidence for quality. vehicles and they have survived others had to close down?

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

So you are saying Komi's 1968 Bluebird 510 is bad quality stuff :P

Edited by Magnum

So you are saying Komi's 1968 Bluebird 510 is bad quality stuff :P

Magnum,

I have not seen the vehicle to comment on that, will be in good condition after restoring.

As I have told early no manufacture will make any ting without R&D. There can be initial problems.

There was a bluebird taxi running for long time in Colombo till end of 1980.

I never condemn any vehicle. I try out almost all newly manufactured low cost vehicles and other gadgets what ever come across to me.

I find this forum most members do not like Indian and Chinese Vehicles. India came up in Automobile industry with the help of west.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Magnum,

I have not seen the vehicle to comment on that, will be in good condition after restoring.

As I have told early no manufacture will make any ting without R&D. There can be initial problems.

I never condemn any vehicle. I try out almost all newly manufactured low cost vehicles and other gadgets what ever come across to me.

I find this forum most members do not like Indian and Chinese Vehicles. India came up in Automobile industry with the help of west.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

But you told the OP not to buy any Pajero without even seeing the vehicle. In fact you're dismissing all pajeros based purely only their age.

PS: On that logic of repairs being co-related to age, then Komi might as well take a mattress and live in the garage.

Edited by Watchman

Most of them are commenting bad for rexton. Ok. I have 5.ml hard earning money in my hand. I m ready to go 1.5 ml lease with this 5.ml cash. then I can buy Kia Sorento 2011 or Mitsubishi pajero YOM 2000 original diesel jeep.

If I got the second option I have to pay as interest at least 6lks for 1.5

Is it still worth to go with Japanese Pajero or Sorento ?

Edited by BAnuradha

A 2000 pajero is still a 13 year old vehicle,

So if you buy one get ready for some repairs.

I mean spear at least couple of lacks for it.

If you buy a Kia it will be just buy and drive for at least another 3-4years.

But when it comes to the 2008 santafe it's the same as the Sorrento except the cover and it will be available below you'r budget so the best bet is one of them.

Or you can go for a newer Sportage or tucson.

There is no need to pay that much of interest on the lease

Magnum,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

It was just a joke! -_-

and INMO India is still far behind