• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gov. Agency Responsible For Authorising Wood & Stone Product Export?

jalapeno

Many of the older houses here in Sri Lanka have wood carving above their front doors and windows. I removed the ornate woodwork that sat on top of the front door of my mother's house, as the house will get rebuilt from the ground up.

I want to take the wood with me to America or send it by DHL. I was told at the DHL office that I need a clearance certificate from the government. They mentioned some agency but I forgot the name.

I also want to take some concrete pieces, that was part of the floor in mother's house, that have some animal patterns drawn on them.

None of this would be of any historical or financial value to anyone else .

You would need a certification from the Archeaological Department that the items are not of archealogical importance and can be exported and in addition for wooden items certain countries insist on a certificate of fumigation against foreign pests. I know NZ requires such a certification. Check with the US authorities if they need one.