• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Import Help

walkernet

Question

11 answers to this question

Have they run out their quota? that's pretty strange, given the poor performance of the FB series civic in this country since the launch

Machan do you think it's not worth to get FB series Civic, one of my main concern is everyone are importing Premios and Allions, and they have become so common market value is reducing significantly.

Machan do you think it's not worth to get FB series Civic, one of my main concern is everyone are importing Premios and Allions, and they have become so common market value is reducing significantly.

See the problem is the prices of all vehicles are rather going down these days, not only Allions and Premios. It has now become a supply dominated market for vehicles thanks to those permits.

Now coming to your problem, first isolate whether you need really to be a civic rider. Don't buy civic as an alternate to toyotas and expect the same economy. Won't happen. It's pure driving pleasure , with a slighter compromise on economy.

FB's you may not get from Japan since its' domestic version has been discontinued in the country AFAIK. But UK has some i think (not sure on the non hybrid versions) Even the FD1 was pretty hard to find a good two years back, when we were trying to source some for our clients, and note that FB is not a well received car around the world. I think the 2014 model (revamped) has been exhibited in some car shows, so if you are not in a hurry try to skip the FB for some time.

Also, If I am not mistaken the FD4 was Thailand assembled as well, Anyone can comment????

See the problem is the prices of all vehicles are rather going down these days, not only Allions and Premios. It has now become a supply dominated market for vehicles thanks to those permits.

Now coming to your problem, first isolate whether you need really to be a civic rider. Don't buy civic as an alternate to toyotas and expect the same economy. Won't happen. It's pure driving pleasure , with a slighter compromise on economy.

FB's you may not get from Japan since its' domestic version has been discontinued in the country AFAIK. But UK has some i think (not sure on the non hybrid versions) Even the FD1 was pretty hard to find a good two years back, when we were trying to source some for our clients, and note that FB is not a well received car around the world. I think the 2014 model (revamped) has been exhibited in some car shows, so if you are not in a hurry try to skip the FB for some time.

Also, If I am not mistaken the FD4 was Thailand assembled as well, Anyone can comment????

True macho. I don't concern much about fuel economy, I'm kinda fed up with Toyotas.

The thing is I have to get the car before 2014 May, and there is a new Civic introduced to the US market since 2012 model was not successful.

But it won't come to sri lanka as per my knowledge, stafford motors says they will change the model once every 3 years.

Also the now they are going to import Civic from Thailand probably from next month onwards, and I'm not sure about the quality of that.

True macho. I don't concern much about fuel economy, I'm kinda fed up with Toyotas.

The thing is I have to get the car before 2014 May, and there is a new Civic introduced to the US market since 2012 model was not successful.

But it won't come to sri lanka as per my knowledge, stafford motors says they will change the model once every 3 years.

Also the now they are going to import Civic from Thailand probably from next month onwards, and I'm not sure about the quality of that.

The redesign introduced in the US market will be introduced worldwide as well, so we will probably be getting it soon too. Stafford by the way, will say whatever they need to say to get the cars they have sold...

Plenty of vehicles are built in Thailand and built quite well, the Thais have had assembly plants for a long time, quality is pretty decent now.

The redesign introduced in the US market will be introduced worldwide as well, so we will probably be getting it soon too. Stafford by the way, will say whatever they need to say to get the cars they have sold...

Plenty of vehicles are built in Thailand and built quite well, the Thais have had assembly plants for a long time, quality is pretty decent now.

Hmm thanks bro