• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Urgent! O+ Or B+ Blood Needed

Supra_Natural

Hi guys, Pericles' dad has been admitted to hospital following a stroke and apparently they require O+ or B+ blood urgently. He's at Asiri/Central hospital. Contact Preveen on 0773070266 if you can help out.

Thanks...

Update: Blood need has been met for the time being, thanks to all who helped... He's currently in the ICU and still unconscious but seems to be responding positively.

Edited by Supra_Natural

you know, i have no intelligence about this but there is a blood donation camp this Saturday held as a charity project at my collage in kandy. is there anyway i can help?.

Thanks everyone. Been a bit rushed so couldn't get on to say thanks here, but the blood part is ok, we have a line up of people who said ok to donate for at least a week.

Just to update, what has happened was apparently his pressure had gone very high, and among other things this had caused a hemorrhage into the brain stem. Apparently when blood goes here it clots and things can get nasty. I'll let a person with proper medical knowledge like Komi clarify if required, I've only got a barebones grasp here. I'm not even sure why this requirement for blood, apparently they need 8 pints a day, the word platelets was used, and we just had to get the people. I need to find someone who can dumb things down so this A/L arts student can understand. Used to be the job of my ex, but she moved abroad, so that avenue is no more available to me.

Thanks everyone. Been a bit rushed so couldn't get on to say thanks here, but the blood part is ok, we have a line up of people who said ok to donate for at least a week.

Just to update, what has happened was apparently his pressure had gone very high, and among other things this had caused a hemorrhage into the brain stem. Apparently when blood goes here it clots and things can get nasty. I'll let a person with proper medical knowledge like Komi clarify if required, I've only got a barebones grasp here. I'm not even sure why this requirement for blood, apparently they need 8 pints a day, the word platelets was used, and we just had to get the people. I need to find someone who can dumb things down so this A/L arts student can understand. Used to be the job of my ex, but she moved abroad, so that avenue is no more available to me.

I'm glad that things are relatively stable and getting better. As harshansenadhir mentioned: Our best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Hi Peri,

Glad to hear that the situation has improved. I know exactly where you are cos I went through pretty much the same late last year. My prayers are with your father and wish him a speedy recovery...

K9M