• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius 3Rd Gen - Change Display/voice Language?

The bird on water

As you all know the Japanese Domestic Model of the Prius comes with Japanese as both display and voice language. I was just wondering if it would be possible to change this to English.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers,

Hansa

It is possible. You will need to take your car to a garage or someone who can replace the necessary components in the dash. There was a thread that had the name of a person who does the conversion. Do a search.

You will need to take your car to a garage or someone who can replace the necessary components in the dash.

Wow... very helpful Cali. Thanks. Op definitely wouldn't have thought of this on his own.

OP, this thread should help you out http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10920-change-language-in-prius-2008/?hl=%2Bprius+%2Bjapan#entry166891

Can i also suggest a recording that goes "go fast ,go fast" every 10 seconds or so :-) Or may be "left lane, left lane" !

May be Toyota Lanka should suggest this as a localization feature. Good call mate.

• 1 year later...

But the same is true. On the JDM there is no way to change the language without replacing the unit as far as I know. Its possible the UK unit will fit but the export model Priuses didn't have the same options.

There was some bright chap working on some method of uploading and re flashing the unit to change the language, but I do not know it was succesful. I think not as you would imagine in SL it will be widely available if it was.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi ALL,

A lot of people get TOYOTA Prius this year and last year from Japan, I did get my Prius as well. amazing car. but it was in Japanese, so I have to do a lot of effort to translate it. 

Probably, there are people that looking for language conversion, and I can help.

Toyota Prius ZVW30 style and restyle years 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Instrument Cluster aka Dash, aka Speedometer aka Torpedo Japanese to English Conversion or language change/switch to English. We provide this service in Ireland, Dublin, Blanchardstown.

Visit our website for more information simple-it d0t info or just contact me or my partner.

Roman
+353 86 228 0468

Nick
+353 86 014 4890

Mon-Sun, 8:00-22:00 (GMT TIME)

Thanks very much.
  • Haha 1