• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Acceleration Issue

RoughRider

Question

Hi Guys :rolleyes:

Need some help from u all to identify the root cause of the acceleration issue of my car (Nissan N16,manual,1500cc,milage 107k)

I had an engine tune up done for my car during January this year @ a well known place in Kotta Road,Borella & upon his recommendation went to Ro***n Motors in Rajagiriya and had an injector clean-up and also replaced the petrol filter.

Normally I drive my car during weekends & It all went smoothly until the beginning of this month. I had a sudden acceleration issue while moving up a steep hill in a low gear as the vehicle started to vibrate and eventually stopped. Since then I’ve been experiencing this issue on a random basis where on certain days it runs smoothly without a problem.

Kindly advice me on what I should do to rectify this issue…..

CHEERS.

14 answers to this question

Did you go for the tune up because you had some other issue?

Need some help from u all to identify the root cause of the acceleration issue of my car (Nissan N16,manual,1500cc,milage 107k)

I had an engine tune up done for my car during January this year @ a well known place in Kotta Road,Borella & upon his recommendation went to Ro***n Motors in Rajagiriya and had an injector clean-up and also replaced the petrol filter.

Normally I drive my car during weekends & It all went smoothly until the beginning of this month. I had a sudden acceleration issue while moving up a steep hill in a low gear as the vehicle started to vibrate and eventually stopped. Since then I’ve been experiencing this issue on a random basis where on certain days it runs smoothly without a problem.

CHEERS.

Check your coilpacks

Mate, you claim to be the "Rough Rider" yourself so perhaps your car is trying to live up to your expectations :D

sorry, that didn't help. Coffee machine out of order and bored to death this morning. Please do some basic checks as members have advised above, before a typical makabaas running a so-called garage around the corner suggest that a complete engine overhaul is needed. I would suspect the fuel filter as well, especially if you have an after market plug-and-paly thingy fitted.

Edited by HardHat

CHEERS.

Tuneups & all done by January. So highly not related to the issue. Easiest thing to go to Dhamm*ka again & tell the story. He'll do a check up & let u knw the issue. This is because several things has to check like

Air Flow, Fuel Pressure etc.

Thanks a lot for all ur replies!!!

@CJ5 - No mate, I did the tuneup just b'cos the milage went pass 100k & no issues were there at that time.

@HardHat -

Mate, you claim to be the "Rough Rider" yourself so perhaps your car is trying to live up to your expectations :D

That's a good explanation :drinks:

Hi,

Just an update to my post.... When I tried to start my car today morning It started normally, then had a severe vibration & suddenly stopped. The same thing happened over n over again and an indication was also visible in the dash board itself.

Guys, pls let me know if the issue is with the airflow sensor would I be able to replace it at my place or do I have to take the car to a garage to get the job done (I wonder how to do that since the vehicle is on permanent halt...)

Also if there's any good mechanic around Kiribathgoda area who does outdoor vehicle repairs kindly share his contact info.

Appreciate your comments!!!

Thank You.

It is not advisable to change the MAF sensor just because of this issue although it can be the most likely reason. Now that you get your CEL indication try to get someone to scan the system and see what the fault is. Could very well be a case of low fuel pressure.

I also took my car{Toyota 110) place in Kotta Road,Borella, after inspecting the car he insturct me to do injector cleaning before the emission testing.

But i did not listing to his advice and did the emission test and my vehical pass witout any problems .

Aaccording to manager @ testing center there is no need to do any injector cleaning.

I also took my car{Toyota 110) place in Kotta Road,Borella, after inspecting the car he insturct me to do injector cleaning before the emission testing.

But i did not listing to his advice and did the emission test and my vehical pass witout any problems .

Aaccording to manager @ testing center there is no need to do any injector cleaning.

Well its like this. If your injectors are in good nick then there is no issue. if they aren't then cleaning is obviously required. But as you say there is no need to do special cleaning for the emissions test if you keep your car well maintained.