• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Serpentine Belt Help!

sharky

Question

Hey everyone,

I recently replaced my serpentine belt on my KSP90 Toyota Vitz (1-KRFE) after the old one started squeeling, I went for a Mitsuboshi branded one but after some time it started squeeling too, I checked at the mechanic because I was afraid one of the pulleys for the water pump a/c or alternator was acting up. He said it's only the belt and to get the original branded (OEM). The Mitsuboshi one has square ribs and the pulleys look like they use V-Ribs. Unfortunately I lost the original belt so I don't have the number/code.

Long story short, does anybody, especially Vitz owners, know the exact brand and code of the OEM serpentine belt for the Vitz KSP90? I asked the agent and they will replace the belt with an OEM belt for Rs13000, (the Mitsuboshi one costs only Rs2000), so before I shell out at the agents can someone help me?

Thanks guys`

6 answers to this question

This is what wiki says...

A serpentine belt, also known as a multi-vee, poly-v, or multi-rib belt, is a single, continuous belt used to drive multiple peripheral devices in an automotive engine, such as an alternator, power steering pump, water pump, air conditioning compressor, air pump, etc. The belt may also be guided by an idler pulley and/or a belt tensioner (which may be spring-loaded, hydraulic, or manual). The production serpentine belt was manufactured by Hutchinson and first used by Mercedes-Benz on the 1985 190 Series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpentine_belt

What the hell is a serpentine belt? Sounds so cool I want one! On everything!!
  • Like 1

1. Go to http://toyota.epc-data.com/vitz/ksp90/

2. Select the model that is most similar to your car's chassis number.

3. Select "Engine, fuel system and tools" parts section

4. Select "V- Belt"

You will be shown one or more belt models that match your car, together with the OEM number. It has gotta be either 90916-02606 or 90916-02603. You might be able to perform an even more accurate search since you have the chassis number.

Oh and the final step...

5. Bookmark the above website :)

Hope this helps. Good luck!

1. Go to http://toyota.epc-data.com/vitz/ksp90/

2. Select the model that is most similar to your car's chassis number.

3. Select "Engine, fuel system and tools" parts section

4. Select "V- Belt"

You will be shown one or more belt models that match your car, together with the OEM number. It has gotta be either 90916-02606 or 90916-02603. You might be able to perform an even more accurate search since you have the chassis number.

Oh and the final step...

5. Bookmark the above website :)

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks a million! Definitely will have to bookmark this one!

Hey everyone,

I recently replaced my serpentine belt on my KSP90 Toyota Vitz (1-KRFE) after the old one started squealing, I went for a Mitsuboshi branded one but after some time it started squeeling too, I checked at the mechanic because I was afraid one of the pulleys for the water pump a/c or alternator was acting up. He said it's only the belt and to get the original branded (OEM). The Mitsuboshi one has square ribs and the pulleys look like they use V-Ribs. Unfortunately I lost the original belt so I don't have the number/code.

Long story short, does anybody, especially Vitz owners, know the exact brand and code of the OEM serpentine belt for the Vitz KSP90? I asked the agent and they will replace the belt with an OEM belt for Rs13000, (the Mitsuboshi one costs only Rs2000), so before I shell out at the agents can someone help me?

Thanks guys`

shrky,

This poly V belts have this problem. Mostly on their Alternator poly v pulley is the cause of this squeal.

Alternator turns more than the crank pulley. 90% of squeal noise starts due to wastage of the said pulley.

I have experience of this problem in several vehicles, during my Auto electrical maintenance days.

After changing a new belt also, the new belt too starts squeal noise, due to alternator pulley wastage.

Battery charging rate also can get effected due to pulley slip, during the night when entire electrical load is on.

This can be easily noticed on the Polly v belt not the v grove the top point of v grove will be polished.

First of all check your pulleys bottom grove. if it is polished then that pulley has to go on a lathe machine down little.

Mitsuboshi Vpulley belt is a good brand.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.